View Full Version : TFCTFN - Too Friekin Cold To Fish Night - March 31 , 2012

JohnR
12-13-2011, 08:17 AM
TFCTFN - Too Friekin Cold To Fish Night - need to discuss a new venue or skipping a year.

I think it is important to have the hall right next to the hotel for those that want to have some adult beverages and not need to drive. That is probably my one rule.

So at this point looking for options and suggestions.

This is probably the point in time that the after party gets toned down.

Suggestions? Comments?

iamskippy
12-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Only suggestion is have fire marshall bill get his own room. I loved my first one. Ol lady and i had. A blast was great having everything right there.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rappin Mikey
12-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Is the change because the VFW isn't available, or because of the afterparty aftermath??

piemma
12-13-2011, 10:56 AM
I believe we are banned from the hotel across from the VFW Hall due to excessive fire extinguisher play.

tysdad115
12-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Tyler and I are in wherever it is. I will be volunteering to shuttle/drive a few people from south shore area again.

piemma
12-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Count of me for 2 Cheese Cakes and 6 dozen rolls.

Rappin Mikey
12-13-2011, 12:06 PM
We just don't go for the group rate under S-B.Or change the name of the party. We could say we are Blue Fish.com They would have no idea.

JohnR
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
We just don't go for the group rate under S-B.Or change the name of the party. We could say we are Blue Fish.com They would have no idea.

Fairly sure they have some of our names on file and our photos though they don't always match the name. One manager onsite kept telling me my name was Rick Bomba... :devil2:

Saltheart
12-13-2011, 12:08 PM
We should have it! Lets put our heads together and figure out how.

JohnR
12-13-2011, 12:11 PM
We also really need to relax the after party a bit - potential to quickly (further) devolve - as much fun as it is ;)

ProfessorM
12-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Well maybe being a year older will improve the behavior of some

Redsoxticket
12-13-2011, 12:24 PM
I suggest we have it at the same place.
There are several motels and a couple hotels in the area of less then a mile. To make it easy to get back and forth there are tons of cabs that work that area.
Google hotels and motels and pick one, the show must go on.

tysdad115
12-13-2011, 12:33 PM

"Maybe" is definatley the key word in that sentence sir! Although it's highly unlikely.

Sea Dangles
12-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Surely one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch.

Saltheart
12-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I think the emphasis on having the hotel across the street is one big factor in people getting out of control. Yes , if people over do it its safer to have the close accomodations but is it the reason people go so overboard?

Swimmer
12-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Don't they have some 14" Holiday Travelers behind the strip joint down the street Could fit quite a few people in one............how may total trailers they have is the question???

piemma
12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
How about don't get drunk and drive home like most of us do.:fury:

numbskull
12-13-2011, 02:59 PM

Nah. I my case I just seem to get creepier.

Redsoxticket
12-13-2011, 03:13 PM

I second that

fishbones
12-13-2011, 03:17 PM

You know that won't happen, Paul. Some people only get out for parties like this once or twice a year and they like to have a few drinks with friends. Just because one person doesn't drink doesn't mean that everyone else shouldn't either. Some people like to let loose once in a while and not have to worry about getting behind the wheel.

Swimmer
12-13-2011, 03:18 PM

Yah really, potentially, no not potentially, we are all going to pay for what took place, even those who stayed away from across the street. I think if someone wants to stay at the hotel they do it without mentioning our group at all. It should be explicit that no one has the right to use SB.Com unless the boss approves.

Back Beach
12-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Nah. I my case I just seem to get creepier.

Word.

chefchris401
12-13-2011, 04:27 PM

Paul you clearly don't check in here enough if you think that happened!!

If anything it's gotten worse for numerous reasons. But That's a whole other thread.

Where do you guys usually have the party?

5/0
12-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Surely one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch.

Naw,there were 2 at hand and looking back at what happened it was worth the extra $50:devil2:

Sea Dangles
12-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Not everybody shares your sentiment regarding your investment. In reality the offender should have offered to reimburse those who didn't think it was money well spent.After all,if it weren't for his actions they would all be $50 richer. Instead he bought a jerky machine which is nice.

piemma
12-13-2011, 04:49 PM
You know that won't happen, Paul. Some people only get out for parties like this once or twice a year and they like to have a few drinks with friends. Just because one person doesn't drink doesn't mean that everyone else shouldn't either. Some people like to let loose once in a while and not have to worry about getting behind the wheel.

Absolutely agreed! That doesn't mean, nor give them the right, to act like a bunch of 16 year olds that just got out for the first time. Trust me, I have raised more hell than you can ever imagine but I never acted up with a group that affected a bunch of other people.

The case in point is this thread. If a certain few hadn't acted up we wouldn't be having this discussion.

fishbones
12-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Absolutely agreed! That doesn't mean, nor give them the right, to act like a bunch of 16 year olds that just got out for the first time. Trust me, I have raised more hell than you can ever imagine but I never acted up with a group that affected a bunch of other people.

The case in point is this thread. If a certain few hadn't acted up we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You're 100% right. I'm usually the designated driver so I see all kinds of stupidity when I'm out for the night. Not to say I haven't been a participant in some of it, but I've never been kicked out of a place or been arrested (at least not since I was a teenager).

Rob Rockcrawler
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Im in wherever it is, if it happens. There has to be another location that has a hall within stumbling distance from a motel.

Redsoxticket
12-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Im in wherever it is, if it happens. There has to be another location that has a hall within stumbling distance from a motel.

I google mapped vfws' and overlayed hotels and motels and theire are none within short walking distance.
Note that not all VFW halls have working kitchens like we have in Fairhaven

Those that want a nice hotel with all the extras see the Hampton Inn in Fairhave, MA 1.5 miles. Priceline shows a cost as of now for $109 DB

How about Feb 25th, the longer we decide the chances that the date that is agreed upon may not be available at the VFW. There are only so many weekends available and plenty of other people booking halls.
Lets get this show on the road and pick a date.

5/0
12-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Not everybody shares your sentiment regarding your investment. In reality the offender should have offered to reimburse those who didn't think it was money well spent.After all,if it weren't for his actions they would all be $50 richer. Instead he bought a jerky machine which is nice.

Yeah,I know.It wasn't a planed investment and I honestly really couldn't care,it's water under the bridge.we all had a great time that night and so what if some of the crew came undone.
Ship happens.
Chris ya gotta get the facts strait Brotha!You keep referring the problem was done by one person,but actually it was two .You would of known that if you where there when it happened.....But you weren't,so let it go.

Saltheart
12-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Would be a shame if we didn't do it because some can't even drink responsibly enough to drive a mile and a half to a hotel if they want to stay over. Call a cab!

WESTPORTMAFIA
12-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Would be a shame if we didn't do it because some can't even drink responsibly enough to drive a mile and a half to a hotel if they want to stay over. Call a cab!

Cab rides are on me as I'm part culprit. No excuses now. Set it up.

tynan19
12-14-2011, 12:30 AM
^^^Well then I'm In.

The Dad Fisherman
12-14-2011, 05:57 AM

Cool I'm in.....I'll see if I can get a lift down and then take the cab home

Raven
12-14-2011, 07:14 AM
parking lot needed
and a Bus rental.....

that would open it up (locations)
a couple of guys can or should be S-B MP's

or be shuttle drivers.... take your pick

John, you need a breathalyzer test thing
and require all - keys from drinking attendee's

to keep everyone safe

WESTPORTMAFIA
12-14-2011, 07:29 AM
^^^Well then I'm In.

Bring a helmet

JohnR
12-14-2011, 07:43 AM
parking lot needed
and a Bus rental.....

that would open it up (locations)
a couple of guys can or should be S-B MP's

or be shuttle drivers.... take your pick

John, you need a breathalyzer test thing
and require all - keys from drinking attendee's

to keep everyone safe

If I was hosting in my house? yes - maybe. But this is at a hall, with a bar run by the hall with a hotel across the street. plus several DDs. Optimal? No. Sufficient? Maybe. Legal? Yes.

Bring a helmet

:rotf2:

nightfighter
12-14-2011, 08:03 AM
This has become a stupid azzed discussion. If you need an excuse to get chit house, go do it the night before and show up at this event feeling like crap. Besides being a get together, it is a fundraiser for the site. If you think getting drunk is more important than helping maintain the site, you are going to have a problem with me... and a few others here as well, I'd bet. Don't need MPs, we can police our own. You want to get chitfaced, go somewhere else. You have a problem with booze, get some help. You can PM me if you want to go down that road.

Redsoxticket
12-14-2011, 08:48 AM
March 3 plugfest
March 10 RISSA show

JohnR I will be in the Fairhaven area this Saturday let me know before 3:30 Sat. if you want me to place a deposit for Feb 25th event.

The Dad Fisherman
12-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Feb 25 PISC Show

justintrask
12-14-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm in whenever. Wherever.

Redsoxticket
12-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Feb 25 PISC Show

The PISC show is from 8 - 3Pm
The TFCTFN is about 7pm, you'll have plenty of time to get there on Feb 25th

fishbones
12-14-2011, 09:49 AM

Can you have the cab at my house about 5:00? I may want to make a stop or 2 on the way down there.

WESTPORTMAFIA
12-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Can you have the cab at my house about 5:00? I may want to make a stop or 2 on the way down there.

I'm not paying for you to go to p-town

fishbones
12-14-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm not paying for you to go to p-town

Lol, I was gonna bring your reel down there and have the handle lubed for you as a surprise.

The Dad Fisherman
12-14-2011, 11:03 AM
March 3 plugfest
March 10 RISSA show

Plugfest is 8-3 you'll have plennty of time to get to TFCTFN

RISSA is on Sunday too.....or Go Early on Saturday....maybe leave at 3....plenty of time to get to TFCTFN

And I wasn't just thinking of me making it....the PISC show is our major Fundraiser too.....thinking about people trying to make both in the same day...thats all....figured you threw out dates of events coming up I'd throw that out too....

JohnR
12-15-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm checking my scout schedule now. I cannot do TFCTFN on the same days as Plugfest or a show. Tried it once and it was tough...

eelskimmer
12-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Feb. 25 sounds like a good date at same venue.
Every one can select their own motel.
PS I was there last year and hear a small
commotion outside my room. I fell back
asleep and missed fire trucks. I don't think
the boys misbehaved at all. It was the women!
They done it all!
:jump1:

eelskimmer
12-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey Boss, Make this a Sticky.
Merry Christmas

Katie
12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
I live no more than 10 minutes away from the VFW, if guys need a ride to a hotel/motel up the street -- I'll drive.

Fishoholic
12-20-2011, 04:08 PM

Funny how most of us will walk 3 miles for a fish but won't walk 1 to possibly not take a life(s)... Or find a DD

with that said we should say we are from SOL :buds:

RickBomba
12-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah,
I'm going to try to stay across the street and have Matty book the room. I have nothing to say about last year, except I booked the rooms under my name. Last time I do that.

As Matty is and ex-ninja Army Ranger that wouldn't show you his ID unless someone made him...I think I am safe.

Seriously, though, if there is an issue, cabs are the way to go. Best investment in the world. I say the 25th.

Later,
Rick

RickBomba
12-20-2011, 07:43 PM
And there is no way we can miss this year...It's the 10th Annual!

RickBomba
12-20-2011, 07:46 PM
And by the way, they may have license pix on file...or maybe even some sort of scanned image, but there is no way that a little, independent hotel has enough $ to pay for some sort of facial recongnition software...they might get a hit on your name...maybe...but not the face.

Rob Rockcrawler
12-20-2011, 08:28 PM
We need to have it for sure. There has to be other hotels within a reasonable distance. I dont care what the date is i will be there.

spence
12-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Funny how most of us will walk 3 miles for a fish but won't walk 1 to possibly not take a life(s)... Or find a DD

with that said we should say we are from SOL :buds:

Bingo.

piemma
12-27-2011, 05:40 PM
So when is it?????:huh::huh:

Redsoxticket
12-27-2011, 09:19 PM
The calendar at the VFW is all booked up, looks like we have to skip this year

Ok, only kidding but it could be true because we don't know what dates others have booked for the coming year at the VFW.

JohnR
12-28-2011, 08:08 AM
RST - are you by there this week? Sorry I didn't reply last week - my kids was down for the week amongst other winter love.

Will you north shore guys come down after PISC?

Feb 25 is PISC and 26th my kid goes from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, Mar 3rd is Plugfest, Mar 10 is RISAA. Feb 18th is usally out as a Bomba religious holiday.

The Dad Fisherman
12-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Will you north shore guys come down after PISC? .

Possibly....gotta wait til it gets closer to see whats going on

26th my kid goes from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts,

Holy Crap...already...man time flies. Congrats

Redsoxticket
12-28-2011, 08:39 AM
John. I will be there this coming Tuesday however I have doubts they are open on Tuesdays but I will call them today to find out for the hours of operation.
Once a mutual date is decided then we can figure out how to reserve the hall.

piemma
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Damn. I cannot do the 18th. My brides 65th birthday!

Redsoxticket
12-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Have you ever heard of the expression "you snooze you lose"

Well I called up the VFW and Feb 25th is booked by a wrestling group.
Pick one of the following
Feb 18, Mar 3, 10, 17, 24
I did not ask if there were weekends before Feb 18 or after March 24

RickBomba
12-29-2011, 05:41 AM
RST - are you by there this week? Sorry I didn't reply last week - my kids was down for the week amongst other winter love.

Will you north shore guys come down after PISC?

Feb 25 is PISC and 26th my kid goes from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, Mar 3rd is Plugfest, Mar 10 is RISAA. Feb 18th is usally out as a Bomba religious holiday.

I can't believe you remembered!

BasicPatrick
12-29-2011, 02:36 PM
March 24 MSBA Show

March 17 looks good

RickBomba
12-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Bomba is out for 3/17, as well. I have Dropkick tickets in Lowell. Sorry guys!

piemma
12-29-2011, 03:17 PM
You think the 17 is a good idea? It's friggin' St. Patrick Day. There are more drunks driving around on 3/17 than on New Years Eve.

The Dad Fisherman
12-29-2011, 03:21 PM
St. Paddy's is bad enough when it falls on a Tuesday.....Saturday :shocked:

piemma
12-29-2011, 03:22 PM
St. Paddy's is bad enough when it falls on a Tuesday.....Saturday :shocked:

That's what I'm sayin':buds:

Redsoxticket
12-29-2011, 04:07 PM
It is not the drunks that St. Patrick's day attracts but TFCTFN would not be successful without the both Bomba brothers.

Most people that drink when St Patrick's Day is on a weekday drink on weekends. I don't see a dramatic surge with drunks on the road unless your one of them.

Where are we now
FEB 11 or APRIL 1

piemma
12-29-2011, 04:14 PM
"I don't see a dramatic surge with drunks on the road unless your one of them."

You may be one of the few on the Board that don't know that I don't drink. I use to but have been sober since 11/3/99

Redsoxticket
12-29-2011, 04:36 PM
^^^ I didn't know that, good to hear you have been sober, besides nobody can fish as hard as you being half in the bag.
Anyway, my statement wasn't directed at anyone in particular but to make people aware.

piemma
12-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks. Appreciate your comments

niko
12-29-2011, 05:10 PM
block island must be like vegas then :biglaugh:

piemma
12-29-2011, 05:12 PM
block island must be like vegas then :biglaugh:

Indeed it is!!!

Sea Dangles
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Especially in November,no cops. The fun I had with the Hab man and Tattoo.!!

jredfly
12-29-2011, 09:57 PM
If it is a womens wrestling group I don't see why we couldn't have a joint event on the 25th. :devil2:

Have you ever heard of the expression "you snooze you lose"

Well I called up the VFW and Feb 25th is booked by a wrestling group.
Pick one of the following
Feb 18, Mar 3, 10, 17, 24
I did not ask if there were weekends before Feb 18 or after March 24

Slipknot
12-29-2011, 10:04 PM
we should check on Feb 11 or april 1 then

Redsoxticket
12-29-2011, 10:23 PM

I just called but no answer, left message.
Will try again tomorrow.

piemma
12-30-2011, 05:17 AM
Feb 11 would be great.Let's face it, having the event in April doesn't make a lot of sense. A lot of us are already fishing. Maybe not salt although I have chased schoolies that early at the West Wall but certainly trout

Redsoxticket
12-30-2011, 01:38 PM

FEB 11 NO GOOD BOOKED
FEB. 4 NO GOOD BOOKED
JAN. 29 NO GOOD BOOKED

ALL OF MARCH IS AVAILABLE
APRIL 1st IS AVAILABLE

Looks like April 1st

We can tell each other inflated fish stories on this fools day. It doesn't really matter what day it is you're still going to have a good time.

Raven
12-30-2011, 03:49 PM
but will it be cold
that is the question

Redsoxticket
12-30-2011, 05:09 PM
BTW, no date will be booked until Bossman gives the ok

Redsoxticket
12-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Big mistake, forget about April 1st because it is a Sunday what was meant is March 31.

Bossman is March 31 OK with you

nightfighter
01-04-2012, 01:34 PM
How are we doing with tying this down?

piemma
01-04-2012, 02:16 PM
How are we doing with tying this down?

Doesn't seem to be coming together this year Ross. Maybe we get together in the Fall instead.

JohnR
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Sorry - out cold sick. Habvent; been online much. Haven't been working much since the weeekend. Does March31 work?

nightfighter
01-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Personally would rather see it sooner as the other get togethers are late Feb through March. RST, any chance of Feb 4, the night before the SuperBowl?

Redsoxticket
01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Personally would rather see it sooner as the other get togethers are late Feb through March. RST, any chance of Feb 4, the night before the SuperBowl?

Feb 4 is booked, see previous post above.

March 31 is the earliest. Again the longer you guys take to OK the 3/31 the chances of the hall being booked by another party increases.
Bomba brothers, can you make it?

nightfighter
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM
RST. Thank you for doing the leg work and staying on top of this.

piemma
01-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Sorry - out cold sick. Habvent; been online much. Haven't been working much since the weeekend. Does March31 work?

Works for me.

Slipknot
01-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Does March31 work?

Yes, go ahead and book it

hope you feel better soon John, it seems everybody is sick

RickBomba
01-05-2012, 05:46 AM
3/31 is good for me.

justintrask
01-09-2012, 02:07 PM
3/31 good here!

jredfly
01-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Is this still on? :confused:

jredfly
01-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes - go to other thread you nitwit. :jump1:

Is this still on? :confused:

Rob Rockcrawler
01-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Yes - go to other thread you nitwit. :jump1:

lol

RickBomba
02-17-2012, 07:27 PM
John, you book this yet? We're going to get ready to book rooms?

Redsoxticket
02-17-2012, 07:50 PM

It was booked a few weeks ago

GattaFish
02-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Details on booking rooms...???

tysdad115
02-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Details on booking rooms...???

Just dont say your in the SB group..:biglaugh:

GattaFish
02-22-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't even know what hotel....

piemma
02-22-2012, 03:25 PM

Stay sober, save the money and drive home.

tysdad115
02-22-2012, 03:32 PM
PM sent.

5/0
03-01-2012, 08:37 PM
PM sent.
Treadmill.......Fire extinguisher............ :devil2:

fishbones
03-01-2012, 08:45 PM

Good times!

Slipknot
03-01-2012, 09:13 PM

Tom , you're welcome to crash here at my place if you want, but maybe you'll want to stumble across the street instead ,I don't know :)

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-01-2012, 11:45 PM

The snickering was even better. Btw you are a good snickering partner. Lmfao

surfking1
03-02-2012, 02:19 AM
Is the change because the VFW isn't available, or because of the afterparty aftermath??

Heard there was a small fire in the weight room, is that true, hello pinnn popper.

surfking1
03-02-2012, 02:43 AM

helllooo rick man, good time at the derby. Is that three years in a row that surfking has won? Hat trick. It must be your brothers fresh shiners. Thanks mikey, wheres my free plug, somebody on this line said they will send the winner a free plug. Hope its as nice as the ones you and brother have gavin me. Your family rocks, thanks guys!!!!! New at this computer thing. help!

5/0
03-02-2012, 05:38 AM
The snickering was even better. Btw you are a good snickering partner. Lmfao

We couldn't keep a strait face for a NY second,and then she really got pissssssssssssssssssssssed:devil2:

Good times Brotha good times:buds:

eelskimmer
03-09-2012, 05:17 PM
The Usual hotel (last year) has posted a
$74/nite charge that I called on and was
told no discounts as it is their last room
at that price for 3/31. I have my doubts on
this. Has any one else gotten a better
price from them. If so give me a PM as
I need to book something.

Rob Rockcrawler
03-09-2012, 05:34 PM
I think im going to watch the consumption and drive home this year. Fishing festivities and scotch go together like PB&J. On another note i will be donating a bunch of bucktails to the raffle table and some pluggage im sure.

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Raffle table will have some xtra high end stuff this year.

GattaFish
03-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Tom , you're welcome to crash here at my place if you want, but maybe you'll want to stumble across the street instead ,I don't know :)

Thanks for such a generous offer... I really do appreciate it,,,, I will let you know,,,

It would be nice to get away but if I can go it will be a last minute thing just like plugfest...

I haven't had time to see how far it is yet....

As far as stumbling,,, I have never been much of a drinker... well,, unless its the end of a long week and we are checking the scenery at the kittens....... :devil2:

GattaFish
03-10-2012, 10:48 PM

Like???? Maybe something I need to make a special trip for,,,,

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Like???? Maybe something I need to make a special trip for,,,,

I said some xtra. And yes fly 1st class. See u there.

fishbones
03-11-2012, 12:07 AM

You bringing some of that wing sauce?

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-11-2012, 09:07 AM
You bringing some of that wing sauce?

If u call me a couple days before I can pick some up for you

redlite
03-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I not make it this year.
Shattered my face monday. first surgery to start puttin it back together thurs. Have fun and will deeply miss it.

numbskull
03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
That sucks! Hopefully they put you back together better looking than before.....which shouldn't be too difficult fortunately.

Good luck with it, Mike.

fishbones
03-23-2012, 02:15 PM
That sucks, Mike. Was it a hockey injury? Good luck with the surgeries and hope you have a speedy recovery.

RickBomba
03-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Just booked a room at the motel...no recollection of the last year!!!!

Bad news is Mike's face...uugh!

RickBomba
03-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Seems like there's not too much buzz about the TFCTFN this year...we're one week away from the 10th anniversary of this epic event. Now who's going?

nightfighter
03-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm in

Rob Rockcrawler
03-25-2012, 02:58 PM
In, it does seem to be pretty quiet this year.

ivanputski
03-25-2012, 03:23 PM
maybe because it "isn't too cold to fish"???

piemma
03-26-2012, 02:50 AM
'Course I'll be there. Just picked up the cheese cakes at BJs yesterday. Bringing my nephew, Team Sanchez. First time for him.

JackK
03-26-2012, 08:22 AM
I'll most likely be there

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Will be there along with a buddy from West Marine who is not on the site but has some good stuff for the raffle

Cohenfishin
03-26-2012, 10:06 AM
I'll be there...

Mike P
03-26-2012, 10:25 AM
We're going down to Lawn Guyland on Saturday to catch the Bruins game. I'll miss my first TFCTFN since I moved back here.

Frickin' Broons better win, is all I can say.

new jack
03-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Gonna try to go. Won't get out of work till 7 at the earliest.

Piscator
03-26-2012, 09:54 PM
I'll be there.

Saltheart
03-26-2012, 10:52 PM
:btu:

piemma
03-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Gonna be ugly. Cutting on my woodlot yesterday and took a "widow maker" square in the face. Fractured upper jaw, 22 stitches inside my mouth and some teeth way out of whack. Should be repaired and healing by Sat.

nightfighter
03-27-2012, 06:33 AM
Gawd, Paul.... That is a shot you took. Time in your life to hire folks for a few things.....

JohnR
03-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Good luck Mike.

Paul, so you had your looks improved too - eh ;) ?

In ;)

Raven
03-27-2012, 07:06 AM
maybe because it "isn't too cold to fish"???
Dunno Bout that -> 25 degree's here this Morning in my area.
Brrrrr

Saltheart
03-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Gonna be ugly. Cutting on my woodlot yesterday and took a "widow maker" square in the face. Fractured upper jaw, 22 stitches inside my mouth and some teeth way out of whack. Should be repaired and healing by Sat.

Oh Man! dangerous business wood cutting!

Raven
03-27-2012, 08:06 AM
WOW Paul ! sorry to hear that....
your One tough son of a gun

piemma
03-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Oh Man! dangerous business wood cutting!

Never got hurt cutting in 43 years. Cleared probably 100+ acres. Just missed the "widow maker" hiding under the top of an oak I dropped. I have dropped 100 foot oaks and maples without a hitch. One god damn sapling takes me out! We'll get through it.

niko
03-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Guess that modeling career is all over. Glad you're ok

piemma
03-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Guess that modeling career is all over. Glad you're ok

:rotf2::rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

Raven
03-27-2012, 10:45 AM
for what???

the AXEmen Tv Show -LOL (Good one!)

Glad your gonna be ok Paul

Slipknot
03-27-2012, 10:56 AM

geez Paul, are you trying to compete with redlite or something
I hope the "repairs" go well and you can still eat without a straw
ouch

tysdad115
03-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Damn Paul , hope your able to make it.
We'll be down around 6 ish. Should be a motley crew arriving at once Me, Tyler, Soups,Niko and Piscator...I hope we dont get stopped on the ride down, some "questionable" characters for sure.

piemma
03-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Damn Paul , hope your able to make it.
We'll be down around 6 ish. Should be a motley crew arriving at once Me, Tyler, Soups,Niko and Piscator...I hope we dont get stopped on the ride down, some "questionable" characters for sure.

I'll be there. Just got back from the oral surgeon. They build a clear splint for my upper front teeth. Makes me talk weird but he said I'd get use to it.

I wish Redlite was going. We could compare scars.

fishbones
03-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Glad you're gonna make it there, Paul.

I'll be there. Hopefully I'll get some good footage for my new reality tv show, The Adventures of T.O. and the Aqua Donkey.

GregW
03-28-2012, 06:07 AM
I'll be there.

piemma
03-28-2012, 06:57 AM
Greg:
I'm putting those sand spikes in the truck right now. I'll have them with me. What the hell, its only been a year since I said I'd give them to you.

redlite
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
took a hockey stick across eyes.....
Pulverized the face.
Open fracture with cartilage stickin out.
Beyond shattered/ splintered nose. They removed most of cartilage below bridge before they sewed it back on cause so splintered.
In addition fractured all three orbital bones around left eye. Probably gonna require 3 plates to fix. Eyey ball and sight gonna be alright.
Crushed both sinuses and my left tear duct is mashed hopefully not beyond repair
Gonna be a long road with many surgeries ahead......
At least i can't smell the diapers anymore.....

Rob Rockcrawler
03-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Wow, your probably the only guy Lucic has looked at and said "at least my nose isn't that bad". Hope you heal up as good as possible. Get well soon.

piemma
03-29-2012, 03:46 PM
took a hockey stick across eyes.....
Pulverized the face.
Open fracture with cartilage stickin out.
Beyond shattered/ splintered nose. They removed most of cartilage below bridge before they sewed it back on cause so splintered.
In addition fractured all three orbital bones around left eye. Probably gonna require 3 plates to fix. Eyey ball and sight gonna be alright.
Crushed both sinuses and my left tear duct is mashed hopefully not beyond repair
Gonna be a long road with many surgeries ahead......
At least i can't smell the diapers anymore.....

I am nowhere near as bad as you. I have 22 stitches inside and out in my mouth. 6 lateral fractures of the upper jaw plate and 2 displaced teeth. Stitches and associated cuts and bruises are healing. I have a clear splint over 6 top front teeth that I must wear for 6 weeks while the jawbone heals. All in all not anywhere near what you are facing.
Best of luck Mike. Take you meds.

nightfighter
03-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Dayem.....Mike. That much damage looks like an assault with the stick. Can't imagine it being a total accident. Sux. Now I'm not so sorry I quit playing at 45 yo. But I was wearing a half shield in the later years.(just what you wanted to hear) You should get a marketing deal with the face shield companies..... Ugh. Sux. Really sorry.

JohnR
03-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Ouch

fishbones
03-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Wow, Mike. And you wanted to get back on the ice to finish the game? You looked much better on Sunday than that night.

Raven
03-29-2012, 05:04 PM
very Sorry you got sticked Mike .... heal fast Jedi

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-29-2012, 06:41 PM
U sick, sick boy! Erin said it was supposedly pretty bad, and Charlton couldn't help you. Now I'm not the only one with a crooked nose. Kidding aside I hope you heal. If you need some beers to go along with your scripts give me a call and I'll swing by!

jredfly
03-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Ouch! I broke my nose twice, The first time the doctor did a great job fixing it. The second time I think he was pissed I wrecked his nice work and he just snapped it back in. Good luck with the surgery and I am really glad your vison is OK.

Slipknot
03-30-2012, 10:18 AM
That looks real bad Mike

what did the guy who hit you say to you? "Hey, your face broke my hockey stick!" ???

glad you can still see, good luck with the recovery

Diggin Jiggin
03-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Mike, between the beard and the nose I did not even recognise you. I hope you heal up ok, sounds like a long recovery...

Rob Rockcrawler
03-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Someone bringing name tags this year?

fishbones
03-31-2012, 11:50 AM

I'm telling everyone my name is WESTPORTMAFIA.

Swimmer
03-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Mike sorry to read this post and see your injuries. OOOh man.

Saltheart
03-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Oh that looks sore! Best of luck with the recovery. Sports can be weird. You can play for years with no problem then bam you are nailed hard.

JohnR
03-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes - Have Name Tags

piemma
03-31-2012, 12:48 PM

Why??? I know you. You know me.

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-31-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm telling everyone my name is WESTPORTMAFIA.

Did you and Greg already start drinking. Lol

fishbones
03-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Did you and Greg already start drinking. Lol

Not yet. You?

JohnR
03-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Yes - no need to get the cops to show, please. Or the FD.

Please get a designated driver if necessary.

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Not yet. You?

Negative. Waiting for bob and Cohen to get here

Fishoholic
03-31-2012, 03:02 PM
Mike I keep hoping to see a "you should see the other guy" post... I don't play hockey but that seems a bit excessive! Good luck in your road to recovery, and same to you Piemma!

JackK
03-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Probably won't get home till 7. Although its doubtful anyone will see this, what time does the main event run till? It's a 2h ride, but I'll try to make it down if there's still something going on (other than fd calls).

Slipknot
03-31-2012, 04:49 PM
11 0r 12

The Iceman 6
04-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Redlite -

Sorry to hear that man. Wishing you all the best. NOT PREACHING, but I wear a full face mask while playing men's league hockey due to a previous eye injury. I see many guys get very hurt due to lack of even a 1/2 shield in my experience of playing men's league hockey over 20+ years. Pucks, sticks, deflections, on-purpose, not on purpose, doesn't matter much now how it happened. Feel better and wishing you a speedy recovery and get back out on the ice, after all your a hockey player.

Ice

Clammer
04-04-2012, 01:21 PM
vERY NICE vIDEO <><><><:fishin: