View Full Version : The most important thing a boat owner should have

likwid
12-14-2011, 06:30 AM
https://www.defender.com/catalogrequest.jsp

Shop to your hearts content at West Marine with this. Pay way below their horrific prices.

PRBuzz
12-14-2011, 06:39 AM
?? Link takes you to Defender catalog site not a specific item ??

thefishingfreak
12-14-2011, 07:48 AM
I think the catalog is what he means.
West marine will price match defenders catalog prices and give west rewards as well
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIROCKHOUND
12-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Or just order from Defender (My FIL is a manager there, shameless plug)

Mr. Sandman
12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
The problem with defender is... it is in CT. If you need it now...and there is a west marine down the street, that is where I go. I normally don't worry about pennies but on bigger ticket items I will shop around and generally order online. Many times defender does not have the best price. But in general they are very good.
If you are really anal about getting the lowest price, and still want it now...a better way is to get the one of the bar code ap's for your smartphone (red laser or a couple others out there). Simply scan the item with your phone in the store. It shows you the price/info for the item then lists the best you can do online and at specific stores. Then take the phone to the counter and ask for the lowest price. You will still have to pay tax but you have the item right then.

likwid
12-14-2011, 09:23 PM
The problem with defender is... it is in CT. If you need it now...and there is a west marine down the street, that is where I go. I normally don't worry about pennies but on bigger ticket items I will shop around and generally order online. Many times defender does not have the best price. But in general they are very good.
If you are really anal about getting the lowest price, and still want it now...a better way is to get the one of the bar code ap's for your smartphone (red laser or a couple others out there). Simply scan the item with your phone in the store. It shows you the price/info for the item then lists the best you can do online and at specific stores. Then take the phone to the counter and ask for the lowest price. You will still have to pay tax but you have the item right then.

Saving pennies?
For example, Interlux Pre-Kote is about a $15 difference in price. Not pennies.
VC Performance, last I looked, $40/gal difference.

And most west marines just showing them the price on the phone won't fly, you need to print it out. Hense the catalogue.

SolOmoN
12-15-2011, 07:32 AM
common sense

Van
12-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I always use price match at WM.
But I do internet order a lot too.

But with WM, if its not in stock, I don't have to pay the shipping.
Plus I get my rewards.

They are very good about matching.

Like said if I decide to return it, they are right down the street.

Its the little stuff they kill you on, soap, hardware, electrical asses.
Stuff you need now and its not worth ordering.

MakoMike
12-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Add the Hamilton Marine catalog as well. They are often cheaper than defender. I have the pro card for WM and those prices are pretty good.

likwid
12-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Every price I've put up against Port Supply, Defender has been cheaper.

KB&J SIDEACTION
12-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I thought it would be more like
1. Large bank account
2. Understanding wife
or should it be the other way around?