View Full Version : F...'d up FEDEX

PRBuzz
12-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Package leave FL with delivery date 12/15. Arrives in Wilmington MA 2:50AM 15th, now heading back to CT and delivery 20th?:smash:

I hope delivery is not back in FL!

Mr. Sandman
12-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Looks like "Wilmington" screwed them up...got wrong state?

I like the service and they are generally good but the prices on Fedex are getting kind of high. I sent an overnight box of scallops to my sister in NC and it was 90 bucks for shipping. I could have delivered them myself for that on a plane.
There has got to be a company out there that can fix the shipping/mail problems this country has. The government can't run the Postal system, that is a given.

PRBuzz
12-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Might be the part-time holiday help but most things are scanned electronically. Spoke with a very nice FEDEX rep and the package is on the way back to sender. They will try to intercept and turn it around but no stops once on truck and it leaves Willington CT to Orlando.

Piscator
12-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Ouch, I have to say that I've had very good luck with FedEx Both shipping and receiving

Swimmer
12-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Looks like "Wilmington" screwed them up...got wrong state?

I like the service and they are generally good but the prices on Fedex are getting kind of high. I sent an overnight box of scallops to my sister in NC and it was 90 bucks for shipping. I could have delivered them myself for that on a plane.
There has got to be a company out there that can fix the shipping/mail problems this country has. The government can't run the Postal system, that is a given.

At first I thought Holy Smokes on the $90.00 charge, and then I thopught aboput those fingertip size Vineyard scallops that are soooooooooooo tender. I am sure your sister loived them.

UserRemoved1
12-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Both ups, fedex, dhl, etc all suck. Their rates are freakin horrible.

I found ups was boning me this summer and I closed my 20+ year account with them and opened one with Fedex.

They suck just as bad if not worse.

I've moved much of our shipping to usps with very positive results.

Mr. Sandman
12-18-2011, 02:56 PM
At first I thought Holy Smokes on the $90.00 charge, and then I thopught aboput those fingertip size Vineyard scallops that are soooooooooooo tender. I am sure your sister loived them.
OT...
yes she did!! (it was her BDay): (9# sent)
Banner year this year...you can dip net a bushel in a half hour...but it takes me 1.5 hours to shuck them...but the yeild is 7-9# and they are damn tasty!!! One of my top 5 foods.

striperman36
12-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Things are 23.95 a lb shucked. Dang!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
12-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Things are 23.95 a lb shucked. Dang!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think the last ones I bought were about 20 bucks a pound.

Friend walks in, and I tell him to wait a second and I'll whip up an appetizer. Roll a handful around in a smoking hot pan for about 10 seconds to get a little color. Lightly season...drizzle with some 30 year aceto balsamico tradizionale di modena.

Now that's love. They're one of my favorite foods.

-spence

striperman36
12-18-2011, 04:51 PM
I think the last ones I bought were about 20 bucks a pound.

Friend walks in, and I tell him to wait a second and I'll whip up an appetizer. Roll a handful around in a smoking hot pan for about 10 seconds to get a little color. Lightly season...drizzle with some 30 year aceto balsamico tradizionale di modena.

Now that's love. They're one of my favorite foods.

-spence

Anthony's Seafood - friday ACK 23.95 /lb

spence
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm sure prices are highly variable. Short season and they come from a variety of locations...Middletown and you're closer to more people as well.

Bridgeport does a good job locally. Limited selection but the quality and price is usually in my favor.

-spence

striperman36
12-18-2011, 05:24 PM
It would be worth going to see Mr. Sandman for a day, shuck them. then hit the ferry home, if he'd say ok?

spence
12-18-2011, 05:25 PM
It would be worth going to see Mr. Sandman for a day, shcuk them. then hit the ferry home, if he'd say ok?
You go pick them up, shuck them and I'll cook them? Sounds like a deal. I'll even pay for your ferry ticket.

-spejnce

striperman36
12-18-2011, 05:26 PM
You go pick them up, shuck them and I'll cook them? Sounds like a deal. I'll even pay for your ferry ticket.

-spejnce

Nope, you'll have to come with

PRBuzz
12-19-2011, 06:40 AM
No new updates on package whereabouts since 7:12AM 12/16....3 days ago? :fury: Might as well kiss that one good bye!

Do they change tracking numbers if intervention has occurred? Calls from myself and shipper last Friday to FEDEX were verbally told package was re-routed back to Boston and should be delivered today but no on-line updates.

Piscator
12-19-2011, 10:17 AM
No new updates on package whereabouts since 7:12AM 12/16....3 days ago? :fury: Might as well kiss that one good bye!

Do they change tracking numbers if intervention has occurred? Calls from myself and shipper last Friday to FEDEX were verbally told package was re-routed back to Boston and should be delivered today but no on-line updates.

Phil, does it contain my Christmas present? If it does, I will understand if you get it to me a little late this year.