View Full Version : RI Seminar to Focus on Mycobacteriosis in Striped Bass

Soundbounder
12-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Charter captain Jim White of White Ghost Charters will present a lecture on the prevalence of mycobacteriosis in striped bass.

White has followed and researched the occurrence of mycobacteriosis—a fatal bacterial fish disease—in East Coast striped bass since 1989. His more than 75 articles on the subject have appeared in such periodicals as The Fisherman, Shallow Water Angler, N.J. Angler, Virginia Sportsman, Sport Fishing, Fly Fishing in Saltwaters, the RISAA Newsletter and many others.

RI Seminar to Focus on Mycobacteriosis in Striped Bass | BoatingLocal.com (http://boatinglocal.com/fishing/ri-seminar-to-focus-on-mycobacteriosis-in-striped-bass.html)

The presentation will take place on Monday, December 26, at 7:00 p.m. at the West Valley Inn in Warwick, Rhode Island.

No, that's not a misprint......it's scheduled for the day after Christmas
Go figure!

JohnnyD
12-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Is there new research available that he will be presenting on?

Soundbounder
12-17-2011, 06:43 AM
Is there new research available that he will be presenting on?
I have no idea

Raven
12-17-2011, 07:05 AM
it's interrelated with agricultural run off from the farms adjacent to the Chesapeake bay . Pesticides used in a mono culture
have to be used extensively or the end product becomes Garbage and those same pesticides end up in the streams which dump into the bay.

I always think of the example that bug eggs were found greater than 144 per square inch on the underside of plant leaves making it necessary to build curved sprayer nozzles that spray from the bottom (ground level) up to make contact with the infestations.

These same tired CHEMICAL methods have reduced the quality of our food to the point that the nutritional value has been LOST by more than 50%. :uhuh:

Soundbounder
12-28-2011, 10:28 AM
What is Mycobacteriosis?

http://www.maine.gov/dmr/recreational/documents/mycoFAQ.pdf

I have enough trouble just spelling it

Nebe
12-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Lack of menhaden is another reason.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device