View Full Version : Cape Cod Fishing Report...

Notaro
05-09-2003, 04:03 PM
my deaf buddy is fishing on the cape now. he paged and told me that morning he went to the pier in monuement beach in chatham (are you familiar with it?) this morning and he got nothing, but he saw a guy who caught a 30 inches striper. he told me that he got no fish because of the tide, strong wind (NE 10 to 15 knots), and the fish headed to offshore. and now he is fishing on the onset beach because the water is clamer. all he just caught was a crab.

that's the report for the chatham and onset.

capesams
05-09-2003, 04:43 PM
mon. beach is in bourne not chatham, but they are getting fish to 32" in dennis.

Notaro
05-09-2003, 04:44 PM
that's what my deaf buddy told me. he said it was in chatham. oh, here is his progress, he hasnt caught a fish. now people are fishing on the onset beach? stay tuned for the espoide... ;)

capesams
05-09-2003, 05:01 PM
summer people must have change the name of a beach on monday cause they didn't like the old name, new shingle don't ya know...lived here 52 yrs, ain't heard of it. not bustin ya butt,,,dam tourist leave things well enough alone.

Bigcat
05-09-2003, 05:37 PM
I was fishing Monument Beach this morning the one in Bourne. :D
I did see a few guys fishing off the dock in the marina.
I also think I must have run in to your buddy at Shell Point, he was telling me about a keepr at Mo Beach.

Notaro
05-09-2003, 05:45 PM
is he a short and roundy filipino and deaf guy? he has a black hair and a black moustache.

Bigcat
05-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Yep, he was ch#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g bait and drives a red car.

Notaro
05-09-2003, 06:42 PM
sam, guess what? my friend caught a 28 1/2 inches striper from onset beach. i told him to use squids or herrings for stripers, not mackerels. and also i told him that he can use the lures. and he did! he used a popper plug. now, he is taking it home and goign to rest from fishing all day.

capesams
05-09-2003, 07:19 PM
kastmaster..white tail.= <{{{{{<

jugstah
05-10-2003, 07:39 AM
Cool, nice to know other deaf people are into fishing, because im deaf too, and i haven't met many deaf fishermen!

BigFish
05-10-2003, 07:50 AM
:smash: Jugstah, does your deaf friend have a name? We can
refer to him by name if possible. Besides, I was at Onset when
your buddy showed up to fish, and I did'nt have any luck either.
But he did tell me about Monument Beach action. Nice guy that
friend of yours. If you can give me his name the next time I see
him I will know what to call him. Thanks Jugstah.:bounce:

jugstah
05-10-2003, 07:52 AM
No no.. I'm the one that's deaf and I was asking Notaro to tell his friend to get ahold of me.. Notaro's friend is deaf as well and I'm glad to know there are other deaf striper fanatics out there :)

BigFish
05-10-2003, 07:55 AM
:happy: :happy: :happy: Hey JohnR, I just posted the 50,000
reply:bounce: pretty cool huh! Do I win a new car or a boat or
fishing rod?:laugha: Just kidding. Its just great to be a part
of Striped-Bass.:jump: I am really enjoying this and meeting so
many of you out fishing.:kewl: Tight lines everyone.:pop:

BigFish
05-10-2003, 08:00 AM
:bounce: Jugstah, that was me you were talking to at Onset
yesterday. The big guy with the Jeep CJ7. Nice to meet you
and I hope to see you again. Take care, and tight lines.:jump:

jugstah
05-10-2003, 08:07 AM
Must be Notaro's friend... I wasn't in Onset yesterday. I fished in Falmouth during the afternoon yesterday, and my brother caught a 30in keeper...

Notaro
05-10-2003, 09:48 PM
hey guys, his name is raymond ramos. he is not going to fish around the cape anymore because he is going to move back to california where he used to live. and he wants to become a charter boat captain there. so he told me that i should host a trip. jug, if u want to meet more deaf anglers, there are some from the learning center for deaf children. maybe we can fish together someday. hey, does falmouth still have tautogs?

jugstah
05-12-2003, 06:52 AM
No idea about the tautogs. I don't usually fish for these. I'm usually fishing just for stripers and bluefish. I've caught soem Fluke before, yes.