View Full Version : Classic FedEx Delivery

Saltheart
12-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Seeing is believing! :smash:

FedEx Addresses Tossed Monitor - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fedex-addresses-tossed-monitor.html)

BMEUPSCOTTY
12-23-2011, 02:47 PM
And what you don't see you would not believe... With delivery companies everyone focuses on the delivery guy or the guy behind the counter when there are tens of thousands of other employees treating your packages with similar or worse care... I see DOZENS of packages NIGHTLY that fare no better, and I personally see just a small portion of our nightly volume
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Saltheart
12-23-2011, 04:28 PM
I worked at UPS nights for a while while in college. About 72 to 73 time frame. I loaded and unloaded trucks. Yes there is a lot going on behind the scenes that people would not like if they knew.

BMEUPSCOTTY
12-24-2011, 01:22 AM
I worked for ups before I got hired at the PO a little more than 20 yrs ago... Loading feeders(trailers) on the overnight shift and also pre-loading (delivery) trucks in the AM... I don't remember nearly the disregard for other people's parcels that I see now... Not to mention the awful attitude of many of my coworkers... Twenty years I've been listening to "slow down, or there goes our overtime", "slow down, your killing the job", "what's the rush, it's only mail" etc.. Guess what a#$%&%!s, you've all but killed all of our jobs now. I've never had problems with any supervisors there, quite the contrary actually. They do a pretty fair job considering what they have to work with. Yeah, I guess you could say I'm disgruntled, just not for the reasons you usually hear... Hi Ratty. :-P Keep "protecting your route" buddy... I'll see you in line someday!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

jimmy z
12-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Fed Ex hires seasonal temp employees during this time of the year. I'll bet a regular worker would not be so prone to do that.

JohnnyD
12-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Not to mention the awful attitude of many of my coworkers... Twenty years I've been listening to "slow down, or there goes our overtime", "slow down, your killing the job", "what's the rush, it's only mail" etc..
This is the typical Union mentality, regardless of the field. Refreshing to hear from someone that's a part of one and is sickened by it.