View Full Version : Nor'Easter or Phantom?

TheKid68
12-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Trying to decide between the Aquaskinz Nor'Easter or Phantom jackets. Both surf fish and boat fish so I'd let to get something that works for both. Suggestions?

Clogston29
12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
i'd say neither based on my experience with aquaskinz. too fragile and too much effort to take on and off carefully. unless you really need the sealed neck, the grundens petrus is much cheaper, more durable and more comfortable IMO. And with the money you save you could get a grundens sund which is fleece lined and awsome in the spring/fall.

TheKid68
12-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks. I'll have to check it out.

chefchris401
12-28-2011, 12:37 PM
i have a precision pak pluto jacket, think i paid 160 for it brand new, great jacket, sealed neck and wrist. easier to get in and out of and more comfortable than the AS stuff.

the guy cotten surf top is sick too.

good luck.

flyvice11787
12-28-2011, 07:07 PM
i'd say neither based on my experience with aquaskinz. too fragile and too much effort to take on and off carefully. unless you really need the sealed neck, the grundens petrus is much cheaper, more durable and more comfortable IMO. And with the money you save you could get a grundens sund which is fleece lined and awsome in the spring/fall.

Can't agree more. My original AS pullover lasted years ( I'd still wear it if it wasn't for the fact that it isn't breathable and traps moisture like crazy when you start to sweat). I got a newer AS and it didn't last a season w/o showing wear from the surf bag and the stitching started coming apart. Just finished my third year with the Lamiglas pullover ( which is just starting to show wear from me trying to pull it off).
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device