View Full Version : computer help

Rob Rockcrawler
12-28-2011, 07:03 PM
I know this is the wrong forum but i wanted the exposure. How do i go about booting up in safe mode at a certain time? I got a nasty friggin virus. Need to get in prior to 521 PM today. This sucks, im in safe mode now.

iamskippy
12-28-2011, 07:26 PM
While booting press f8 but rolling.back is.not.the.best thing to do 90% of the time. If.u need help i can assit
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven
12-28-2011, 07:58 PM
just me....
but
i like to use the search feature .... expanded that allows you to see when each .exe file was created
(downloaded) to your PC ....so you can look for any weird exe file that has the date december 27 after 5 pm and safely delete it..

if your hesitant someone can google the exe file for ya
and it'll say if it's a virus
or not....

so i'll do a search for dec. 27 for asterisk (wildcard) .exe or *.exe and see what pops up

Rob Rockcrawler
12-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I didn't do the option of rebooting at a certain time. Instead i spent a couple hours on the phone with different tech people. I talked to Kumar from Iyogi, and he didn't sound like the dude that was trying to get white castle. I couldn't understand a whole lot that he was saying. All is well in puter land again. Had to remove and re-install my virus protection. Second time in a year i got jacked by this virus.

SolOmoN
12-28-2011, 09:05 PM
dl a copy of malwarebytes and update that before you run it, restart your computer in safe mode then run it. malwarbytes is a free download at www.malwarebytes.org see how that goes