View Full Version : Old Lyme, fishing the DEP pier

NilsC
05-10-2003, 06:23 PM
wetted the line today with my 2 boys.

We got there around 8:30 AM on outgoing tide. My youngest son hooked into a fish before I had my hook in the water. Not a keeper, as soon as we let that one go I had 1 schoolie and a keeper (CT style) we released it.

Around 9:30 the Oldest hooked into a little one and both the boys agreed that this is fun. :laughs::p :p :o
We are looking forward to the RI fishing this summer.

By the time we left around 3 we had 17 fish on the pier but the only keeper of the day was released.

All in all a great day on the water.

Nils

Goose
05-10-2003, 06:32 PM
ATA BOYZZZ!!!

MountainBreeze
05-10-2003, 07:14 PM
WOW! Nice work Nils! Sorry I couldn't hook up w/ ya' this time!

I did make it down there though, with my father-in-law, at about 3:30. Just missed ya'! :mad:

Any way, we fished for about 1 1/2 hrs and got a few. The largest was a bit over 20".

I think that place is much easier to fish on the flood. There were folks all along the pier hookin' up while the water was higher. Even saw a buy land one on a jig and rubba'! :D

Tight Lines,
Rob

BTW:
I got one LMB, from the yak', Fri. I'll be back out there paddling tomorrow morn. ;)

NilsC
05-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Rob,

to bad we missed you, we drove past the bait shop to grab a bite. The boys had a blast fishing, but they were dead tired sleeping in the car by 2pm. I ran out of bait for the second time today and I didn't think they would survive another 2 dozen worms. :p :o I woke them up bright and early this morning to drive down and fish the early tide.
:happy:
Did the wind die down any? It was blowing from east to west when we got there then the wind was turing, following the sun until we had the wind straight in our faces blowing from west to east.

To bad it's mothersday........ lol <jk> or I would be fishing again Sunday.

Good luck tomorrow morning.:happy:

Nils