View Full Version : Lead Ban

Got Stripers
12-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Read in OTW that all of NE has adopted a lead ban for fresh water below a certain oz size (1/2 I think), there goes my plan to get back to freshwater when I get old and lazy. Might have to ebay all my jigs, bullet weights and stuff; or plan a big melt down party to get some saltwater bullets made. I wonder how that applies to spinnerbaits and other lures with lead?

The Dad Fisherman
12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Spinnerbaits and Lures are fine.

Its everything under an ounce. Tin and Tungsten are fine....just bought some tungsten jigs for Ice Fishing season. Tin Split Shot are also fine.

robc22
12-29-2011, 11:46 AM
I have been fishing steel weights in freshwater for the past few years.......Gave all my small lead and jig heads to a buddy that makes sluggo type jig heads for ditch fishin'..........

stripermaineiac
12-29-2011, 03:29 PM
LOL Still have to laugh at this lead ban stuff. What are they gonna do when birds still die of lead poisoning from all the lead at the bottom of every lake river an pond from all the bird shot used for a couple hundred years an all the lead in the clay in the ground.This lead ban is just another sucker shot at fishing by the Antis.Funny part is lead now cost so much as we're paying China to take it from America LOL an they're making big bucks from it.

UserRemoved1
12-29-2011, 03:46 PM
It's been proven already that the steel shot is more harmful to birds than the lead. I read this somewhere that Diodati or whoever knows this already and went with it anyways.

stoopid is as stoopid does.

stripermaineiac
12-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Yup. been proven to the point that it's funny. The autobaun society tested to prove it's point and it backfired LOL.

Rob Rockcrawler
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
I stocked up on jig heads today. Its basically the only lure i use bassfishing.