View Full Version : i pod will not join my network

chaz
12-31-2011, 10:20 AM
up until recently my i pod was working fine.i got home and tried to access the internet.it asked for the password for my network,thinking this was a little strange i retreved the password from my router and put it in,it tells me that the password is incorrect,it will not let me acess my own network,i look in the general settings then go to network pick mine and it shows no info /ip address/subnet mask/router/.nothing.i hope this thing did not fry itself because it is too expensive to just use as a music player.a ride to the apple store may be needed,thats in braintree PIA.any info would be great i await your replies.

UserRemoved1
12-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Tell it to forget the network then do a reset. turn wifi on and then see if it shows your router.

Could it be a neighbors network that you might be seeing?

UserRemoved1
12-31-2011, 10:58 AM
If that don't work I highly recommend a hammer.

chaz
12-31-2011, 02:04 PM
already did the reset twice,been using the same router for a long time,i have a 5# sledge ready,or a small vice for a slow a death:fury:

UserRemoved1
12-31-2011, 02:09 PM
sledge is much more satisfying.

UserRemoved1
12-31-2011, 02:10 PM
try forgetting the network then a reset. Then turn wifi on and see if it works.

chaz
01-01-2012, 05:01 PM
already did that stuff,gonna have to bring it to the pros at apple,gonna have to go without it for a while,just the free wifi when i go on break in different places

chaz
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
after all weekend without this thing i decided to reset my router, shut it off then turn it back on.i then tried to connect the pod,IT WORKED,:jump: thanks for the help guys

spence
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I've found Mac stuff does this. Bring everything down, then up in order from the Internet to your device...usually works.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device