View Full Version : where are they

007 striper sniper
05-11-2003, 01:13 PM
hi everyone
I just found this site and joined and I am very impressed. I was wondering if there are any north shore guys on here that have any good striper news for me? thanks:)

007 striper sniper
05-11-2003, 01:18 PM
sorry, maybe i should say cape ann guys.

nightfighter
05-11-2003, 01:18 PM
welcome to the board! I have been pushing for more members from the north shore to share info with.

Sorry to report that I found no takers this morning from sun up til 1100. Covered Danvers River, Lead Mills, Mhead Neck, and Salt Marsh Road on 107 south of the GE. Can only heat up tho.

Any help with Merrimack and Plum Island would be appreciated.

Ross

007 striper sniper
05-11-2003, 01:34 PM
thanks nightfighter I have heard of a few schoolies in the little river in gloucester, im hoping they will be in the essex or ipswich tomorrow will let you know!

Fly Rod
05-11-2003, 02:45 PM
:) Welcome striper sniper :cool: :happy:

There are a few fish being caught in the Annisquam River It's been hit or miss. No big blitz. Herring are all over the river and harbor and on the outside. Seen the birds working today off of Braces cove.

Talked to Kay Moulton of Surfland Bait & Tackle. She said that striper fishing is slow. She heard that one fella caught a 29" yesterday. the shad are running hot & cold on the Merrimac also.
Tight Lines .Good luck fishing!!!
:happy: :happy: :happy:

mrmacey
05-11-2003, 03:04 PM
you might want to look at that name!! somebody used to be on here with that name and didnt make a very good impression when he was here! but other than that i couldnt find a fish anywhere allday out around ri tube worm all kinds of lures nothing i need help!!!!

GBOUTDOORS
05-11-2003, 05:52 PM
mrmacey they are in the shallow bays and streams right now as the water is much warmer there. All the fishing I do this time of year is done by water temps. The spot I was in on Fri. with Slip and GS the water was 57.7 and the fish were there and ready to eat. Had a good time for 21/2 hours about 20 fish or more. If we had got just a little farther out of the harbor the temps would have been only 47-48 and no fish.

tricorner
05-11-2003, 06:44 PM
I only saw one striper caught 1/2 hour before low in the Mouth of merrimack today(looked kind of dark,Maybe a holdover).All I got was a sore back from throwin bucktail for 2 hours:confused:

Christian
05-11-2003, 07:07 PM
merrimack schoolies- clams.