View Full Version : GE YOU SUCK!!!

Duke41
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Keep your eye on Waukesha, Wisconsin......Their biggest employer just moved out.
General Electric is planning to move its 115-year-old X-ray division from Waukesha, Wis., to Beijing.

In addition to moving the headquarters,the company will invest $2 billion in China and train more than 65 engineers and create six research centers.
This is the same GE that made $5.1 billion in the United States last year, but paid no taxes -the same company that employs more people overseas than it does in the United States.

So let me get this straight. President Obama appointed GE Chairman Jeff Immelt to head his commission on job creation (job czar). Immelt is supposed to help create jobs. I guess the President forgot to tell him in which country he was supposed to be creating those jobs.

Thanks Jeff, you're a "real" American....give Barrack our Best!

If this doesn't show you the total lack of leadership of this President, I don't know what does. Please pass this information to others and think about it before you buy a GE product.

ecduzitgood
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
This should be a sticky ;)

likwid
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
So what exactly does the jobs czar have to do with a full board vote to move parts of the company to China?

He doesn't magically decide these things on their own.

Most of the parts for GE stuff is from China already anyhow.

striperman36
01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Emc has almost 70 pct of it's staff overseas, IBM is like 75 pct. Happening everywhere, hr block will probably offer tax returns done in India
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

justplugit
01-10-2012, 07:06 PM
So what exactly does the jobs czar have to do with a full board vote to move parts of the company to China?

He doesn't magically decide these things on their own.

Maybe not, but if he can't influence his own board to keep jobs in this country
and not able to create new jobs in his own company what good are his ideas
as "Job Zar"? What a joke.

likwid
01-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Maybe not, but if he can't influence his own board to keep jobs in this country
and not able to create new jobs in his own company what good are his ideas
as "Job Zar"? What a joke.

Hah.
Hahahahahhahah right, I can just hear it.

Chairman: "Hey guys, lets keep jobs in the US where its expensive, it would be un-American to send them overseas."
Board: Our investors like money more than they like American workers.
Chairman: "But I'll look like a fool!"
Board: Do you like your job?
Chairman: "Point taken."

Raven
01-10-2012, 08:47 PM
with solar cells and LED lights soon lightbulbs will be outdated technology anyways

Piscator
01-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Ok, take a deep breath……………

Although I don’t care for Immelt and I do think it is a disgrace that GE didn’t pay any taxes last year, you really need to look at the overall picture here. A few very recent news stories and data below in regards to job creation and investments within our country. Be carefully when pulling the boycott ban whithout looking at the whole picture

Detroit, MI. In a major win for the hard-hit Michigan industrial sector, GE announced recently that it’s in-sourcing a key R&D facility to a site just outside of Detroit. Over the next few years, the new Advanced Manufacturing and Software Technology Center will grow to more than 1,100 scientists and engineers focusing on information technology, clean energy and aviation R&D. The scientists and engineers at the Michigan site will develop next generation manufacturing technologies in areas such as renewable energy, jet engines, gas turbines and other high-technology products. The work will include development of composites, such as those used in jet engines and wind turbines; finding faster and more efficient ways of machining components; and developing inspection, casting, and coating technologies for GE’s Aviation and Energy businesses.
The site will also house GE experts in software development, data architecture, networking, business intelligence and program management. They’ll develop software to support GE’s business operations for several advanced technologies, like the smart grid. The site also will serve as a training hub for GE information technology professionals. The research and development facility will be housed in a new $100 million, 100,000-square-foot building that GE will construct on the site

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- General Electric officials announced Monday that 430 new manufacturing and engineering jobs are heading to Louisville. The jobs will begin in 2012 and will be linked to the creation of new smart washers and dryers at GE Appliance Park. This new announcement comes after GE executives decided to bring 400 new jobs to Appliance Park earlier this year to build a new energy-efficient water heater. To help build the first line of water heaters, company leaders said they'd move the 400 jobs from China to Appliance Park. At the time of that announcement, it was stated there was full expectation future green appliances would be built in Louisville.

JohnR
01-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Hey Likwid, is there anything you actually support?

:nopics:

Nebe
01-10-2012, 09:39 PM

Single moms that work on Pope Island

JohnR
01-10-2012, 09:40 PM

:rotf2:

Piscator
01-10-2012, 09:42 PM

I posted a pic :)

likwid
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM

Ask Nebe :hihi:

likwid
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM

I am a man of the arts.

Try the lunch special.

Nebe
01-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I am a man of the arts.

Try the lunch special.

fish and hips

Piscator
01-10-2012, 10:21 PM
That's what I like about this site. It's a Striped Bass site that has a post about if GE sucks or not. But in the end, it really isn't about Striped Bass or a if company sucks or not. It's about good old T&A

likwid
01-11-2012, 06:38 AM
That's what I like about this site. It's a Striped Bass site that has a post about if GE sucks or not. But in the end, it really isn't about Striped Bass or a if company sucks or not. It's about good old T&A

We could start a campaign to boycott GE, which in the end would be pointless and futile, or we could go get legs & eggs.

:hihi:

justplugit
01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Hah.
Hahahahahhahah right, I can just hear it.

Chairman: "Hey guys, lets keep jobs in the US where its expensive, it would be un-American to send them overseas."
Board: Our investors like money more than they like American workers.
Chairman: "But I'll look like a fool!"
Board: Do you like your job?
Chairman: "Point taken."

Ya, I could see that senario taking place with Immelt as CEO but
doubt it would be the philosophy of Thomas Edison, founder,
or Jack Welch, neither of which would have sold to Iran under US sanctions.

I think Obama's senario prolly went like this:

"We need some more campaign funds".

"Ya let's see, why not create a new Czar position?"

"I know we'll get Immelt, he manufactures high cost Diagnostic
medical equipment, fit right into our Health Care Plan and will
donate big time to our campaign funds.

"But his company has broken sanctions with Iran."

"Thats OK it will show Iran we really don't take our foreign
policy that seriously, we really want to make them feel the're OK."

"Sounds good, win-win, give him a call."

likwid
01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Ya, I could see that senario taking place with Immelt as CEO but
doubt it would be the philosophy of Thomas Edison, founder,
or Jack Welch, neither of which would have sold to Iran under US sanctions.

I think Obama's senario prolly went like this:

"We need some more campaign funds".

"Ya let's see, why not create a new Czar position?"

"I know we'll get Immelt, he manufactures high cost Diagnostic
medical equipment, fit right into our Health Care Plan and will
donate big time to our campaign funds.

"But his company has broken sanctions with Iran."

"Thats OK it will show Iran we really don't take our foreign
policy that seriously, we really want to make them feel the're OK."

"Sounds good, win-win, give him a call."

If you wanna whine about Obama, the toilet is the next forum down.

justplugit
01-11-2012, 02:08 PM
If you wanna whine about Obama, the toilet is the next forum down.

Your rigth, I thought this thread included talk of leadership, or lack of it, and his
does belong in the toilet. :hihi:

likwid
01-11-2012, 02:30 PM
If you actually moved beyond Fox News shock peices and actually researched, you'd see lots of companies that are both American, and with American interests do business with Iran.

But that would ruin the argument now wouldn't it?

Here's a start for your research:
Honeywell
Ingersoll Rand

Piscator
01-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Iran Policy (http://www.ge.com/news/our_viewpoints/iran.html)

bassballer
01-11-2012, 02:40 PM
I sell GE Electrical distribution, and most of the jobs Im doing right now are ARRA, and Buy America compliant. Needless to say Im having a hard time complying.

The Dad Fisherman
01-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Page 15...

http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/138727.pdf

General Electric (GE). The firm announced in February 2005 that it would seek
no new business in Iran, and it reportedly wound down pre-existing contracts by
July 2008. GE was selling Iran equipment and services for hydroelectric, oil and
gas services, and medical diagnostic projects through Italian, Canadian, and
French subsidiaries.

The Dad Fisherman
01-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh, and this working its way to the "Pit of Despair"..........

justplugit
01-11-2012, 04:24 PM
If you actually moved beyond Fox News shock peices and actually researched, you'd see lots of companies that are both American, and with American interests do business with Iran.

But that would ruin the argument now wouldn't it?

Here's a start for your research:
Honeywell
Ingersoll Rand

No arguement here, just pointing out the poor judgement of appointing Immelt
as a "Job Czar."

likwid
01-11-2012, 05:22 PM
No arguement here, just pointing out the poor judgement of appointing Immelt
as a "Job Czar."

And I suppose you can name an administration that hasn't given it to us up the ass?

Swimmer
01-11-2012, 06:02 PM
It used to be that when the sitting administrations pockets were full what was left over came our way. Now they all wear cargo pants.

justplugit
01-11-2012, 07:05 PM
And I suppose you can name an administration that hasn't given it to us up the ass?

Washington ???? LOL

likwid
01-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Washington ???? LOL

:rotf2:

JohnnyD
01-12-2012, 03:17 PM
I'd be willing to bet that Union Overhead costs play a considerable role in their decision.

likwid
01-13-2012, 09:06 AM
I'd be willing to bet that Union Overhead costs play a considerable role in their decision.

Squeezing every last penny out of the company is what they're concerned with.

It wouldn't matter if it was union or non union, unless you can find people to work for a buck an hour if not less in the US, then companies are going to move offshore.

Raven
01-13-2012, 11:02 AM
interesting timing of this POST considering the threats of mass suicide
by Chinese workers because of the working conditions

Duke41
01-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Soooo at the end of the day. We have a solid white collar recovery. The markets are up, corporate profits are huge. if you have a white collar job right now you are golden. If you were in manufacturing you better get your ass in school.

How do you call a laid- off tool and die maker...."oh dishwasher, go mop the bathrooms".

Piscator
01-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Would we rather have more white collared jobs or blue collard jobs? I'm sure there are good answers to both with pro's and con's on each side.

But if blue collared jobs are being sacrificed for white collard jobs, is that a bad thing?

The Dad Fisherman
01-13-2012, 06:49 PM
But if blue collared jobs are being sacrificed for white collard jobs, is that a bad thing?

It is if your skill set is "Blue Collar"...there needs to be both.

not everybody is cut out for Sales, Finance, Management and other types of White Collar jobs...

Everybody should be able to work.....