View Full Version : Bateau Plan Set- Outboard Skiff 17 Project

MarshCappa
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
My boss has been building this skiff single handed for the last year. He's been making good head way considering he works 80 plus hours a week at our company. Here's a link to the plans he bought.

Boat plan details, Outboard Skiff 17 (OB17), Power boats 17' to 20' (http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=OB17)

He bought a junked bass boat from NH for $1,000 for the trailor, motor, trolling motor, controls, etc. I guess the previous owner of that boat used it for less than year and got caught in a lake squall that pounded it on the rocks while he was trying to get it back on the trailor.

MarshCappa
01-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Here's the junked boat he bought for parts.

MarshCappa
01-12-2012, 04:46 PM
More damage pics.

likwid
01-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Mercury tower of power. :hihi:

RIROCKHOUND
01-12-2012, 05:35 PM
I guess the previous owner of that boat used it for less than year

Was that year 1987?

Rmarsh
01-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Nice to see another Bateau designed boat being built by someone local.

I'm building the Bateau C17 center console version. Alot of work but worth the effort.

Good luck to your boss with his OB17.

Here is a picture of my progress so far.

Slipknot
01-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Looks great, both of them :btu:

yes it's a lot of work, but rewarding too

MarshCappa
01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
I just showed him this pic and he is super motivated to catch up to you! Great work on yours! Maybe we can have a Bateau on the water get together next season!

Nice to see another Bateau designed boat being built by someone local.

I'm building the Bateau C17 center console version. Alot of work but worth the effort.

Good luck to your boss with his OB17.

Here is a picture of my progress so far.

Rmarsh
01-15-2012, 09:24 AM
That is a great idea. I know there are a few other members and MA guys building.

Only problem is we are all at different stages and completion dates.

Your boss already has his motor and trailer, so in a way he is already ahead of me.:)

Our boats are very similar so we may be able to share some ideas.
I know next to nothing about rigging/wiring etc. so it is going to be a challenge for me.
The woodworking and epoxy/glassing part is something I have lots of experience with.