View Full Version : USVI vs BVI

bart
01-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Anyone have a preference? I'm planning a trip with some friends and we are considering St.Thomas because of the snorkeling opportunities, the beachfront condos, and the little bit of nightlife. But I am also looking at Tortola. The snorkeling doesn't seem to be as good there, but it seems like a fun island with some of the best musicians in the Caribbean. Any and all input is welcome. Thanks...

blondterror
01-14-2012, 01:25 PM
BVIs all the way... Tortola, St John, Jost Van Dyke, Norman and Peter Island all have great spots to snorkle.... Google the Baths... cool place

I have done several bare boat sailing charters and love the BVIs. Foxeys on Jost Van Dyke is a great bar to listen to steel band music and tie one on.

I have always done the boat thing so am not sure about where to stay..

bart
01-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Thanks for your input. That must be amazing boating around there. I have a place in Tortola that I'm looking at that is very affordable and right on the beach. A trip to Jost would definitely be a must...

spinncognito
01-14-2012, 02:35 PM
You can get a ferry to both St. John and Tortola from St. Thomas so with planning you could do it all.

iamskippy
01-14-2012, 03:06 PM
i fell in love in st thomas, if you go there go to coki beach and tell the old rastafarian named boisy at the bottom of the steps Skip From RI says hi! He makes the best fresh drinks, hes picks the fruit fresh each day. nothing like right off the tree pineapple.