View Full Version : Good Football

Got Stripers
01-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Enjoyed the 49'rs game, that was some good football and while the Pats game was a blowout and not much of a game; you have to like the way they are starting to gel. With the upsets or so called upset in Greenbay, its looking like there is a chance for a rematch with NY. Part of me loves the thought of kicking NY's butt, then there is the obvious risk of meeting them at their peak an having to swallow what could be a very hard pill if we loose again to them. Unfortunately I'm off to Chicago for a stupid convention next Sunday, probably will need to find a sports bar to hopefully catch the AFC game anyway.

JohnR
01-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Great football this weekend - one of the better playoff weekends in a while.

Slipknot
01-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Giants are a dangerous team right now, they seem to be on a roll and I hope the Niners beat them.

the NFL channel is replaying that Niners game at 8:00 Tuesday I think, so I get a chance to see it :btu:

agsurfr
01-16-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm a Giants fan. I believe they will have a tough time in SF. Feel as though the Niners are sleepers. Tough D. Hopefully NY's pass rush will frazzle Smith. Gore is an excellent back and the Giants will have difficulty containing him. Can't believe NY is still playing.

The Pats will beat Baltimore. Not crazy about the D in NE, but Flacco is probably the worst QB of the four remaining. Love ray Rice

Pats and Niners in the big game. Who wins???

Saltheart
01-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Yes , it was a great weekend for Football. I see SF beating NY but who knows. I though GB would beat them too so we'll see what happens. If the Pats and Brady in particular play each game as well as they did sat night against Denver , it doesn't matter who we play. We Win!!! :)

:patshelmet:

bart
01-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Eli has been lights out in clutch time situations this year and he has just many weapons as we do( not sure they match up talent-wise with us though). Nervous to meet the Giants down the road, but would love revenge for this season and especially for '07.

And I have to admit that I was completely wrong when I predicted pre-season that Ocho would contribute. What a waste of 6 million.

Saltheart
01-16-2012, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't give Eli any credit at all for that Hail Mary pass yesterday. About all he did was make it land in the end zone. its the receiver who did all the work on that one IMO.

bart
01-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Yeah but during the regular season he put up big numbers in the fourth quarter. Check out his stats...

Zeno
01-17-2012, 05:10 AM
no one ever gives Eli any credit, I think the dude is used to it by now
I always suggested he should get someone pregnant and then dump her like Brady did...builds up street cred.
Unfortunately it also made me switch my allegiance from Patriots to Steelers in recent years. I am going to go back to Pats but not while he is there. NY Pats Super bowl would suck

striper774
01-17-2012, 05:44 AM
no one ever gives Eli any credit, I think the dude is used to it by now
I always suggested he should get someone pregnant and then dump her like Brady did...builds up street cred.
Unfortunately it also made me switch my allegiance from Patriots to Steelers in recent years. I am going to go back to Pats but not while he is there. NY Pats Super bowl would suck

Zeno,Have you heard about big ben.He's quite the lady's man himself.

Zeno
01-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, although being an ahole and abandoning your child are two diferent things in my book..you'll have to exuse me but my parents both split when I was three,so I got some strong feelings on the topic...something about being an ugly child if I remember ..lol..
But yes ,that is why I haven't watched an afc game in awhile ..other then Denver...I find the Tebow dude quite fascinating. But I am sure he will turn out to be some weirdo like Jeffrey Dahmer...I stick to nfc and a boring Eli these days
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

agsurfr
01-17-2012, 09:39 AM
As a Giants fan, I'm pretty much OK with people underestimating Eli. He's rarely pretty, doesn't say anything outrageous, and comes off as a bit whiney at times, but here we are, NFC Championship game. Who'd-a-thunk it?? Not I.

Playing with house money now and enjoying the ride.

fishbones
01-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, although being an ahole and abandoning your child are two diferent things in my book..you'll have to exuse me but my parents both split when I was three,so I got some strong feelings on the topic...something about being an ugly child if I remember ..lol..
But yes ,that is why I haven't watched an afc game in awhile ..other then Denver...I find the Tebow dude quite fascinating. But I am sure he will turn out to be some weirdo like Jeffrey Dahmer...I stick to nfc and a boring Eli these days

Zeno, are you saying that if someone has a child with someone and the relationship doesn't work out, they should stay together? I know you don't follow the Pats, but Brady financially supports and also shares custody of his son with Moynahan. He also is building a house minutes away from her so he can be closer to the kid. Not really the same as abandoning a child, is it? In fact, I'd even say it's not as bad as sexually assaulting college girls like your guy Big Ben. :devil2:

fishaholic18
01-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Giants are a dangerous team right now, they seem to be on a roll and I hope the Niners beat them.

the NFL channel is replaying that Niners game at 8:00 Tuesday I think, so I get a chance to see it :btu:

You took the words right out of my mouth Bruce. I am very afraid of the Giants. Go 49ers.

Surf Caster
01-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Great football again this weekend. Rematch of 2007 - should be good.

BobT
01-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Great football again this weekend. Both games were ugly. At least my Giants won. Rematch for another Giants win !!!!! :cheers: :jump:

Saltheart
01-23-2012, 12:12 PM
The weekend befre was great football , yesterday was ugly for both games. regardless of whether you liked the outcome , there was no way to describe the two games yesterday as good football. damned Exciting...yes. good football , no way.

Brady sucked. baltimore had nothing. In the Giants and 49'ers game it was incredible how no team seemed to want to win. NY just happen to get a lucky break in crunch time. nobody really "deserved" to with that game.

But its over and we have an appointment in Indy on Feb 5. :)

bassmaster
01-28-2012, 08:09 PM
ahhhh great another thread about men in tights pattin each other on the ass chasin balls
great.....

Bob Thomas
01-29-2012, 12:12 AM
ahhhh great another thread about men in tights pattin each other on the ass chasin balls
great.....

It figures....another thread about men in tights pattin each other on the ass chasin balls would draw the infamous stinky one BASSMASTER outta hiding!! :love:

BMEUPSCOTTY
01-29-2012, 12:49 AM
^^^^ He's right though... For cryin out loud, this is a fishing site... Shouldn't we stick to comparing and admiring each others rods and other gear?? :jump1:

BobT
01-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Bassmaster alive? Now who would have thunk that?