View Full Version : Celtics too old?

Saltheart
01-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Celtics are not getting it done. Pierce was out for a few games and maybe he's now playing into shape but overall they just don't seem to be able to compete. have they gotten too old? I hope they can at least get into the playoffs. I think playoff games get the adrenaline going that may help them but if they don't get going they may not even make the playoffs.

bart
01-16-2012, 11:24 PM
I think the Celts should do whatever it takes to land Dwight Howard. Pierce has earned the right to retire a Celtic, keep Rondo and Bass, and trade whoever is left to get Howard. Garnett is a joke and no one takes his fake tough guy routine seriously anymore. Ray can still shoot, but plays no defense. They will be lucky if they get to the second round...

fishsmith
01-17-2012, 07:32 AM
No doubt they're getting older, but the offense is in position and getting plenty of shots off, but for some reason those shots are not falling. The lack of offensive rebounds is frustrating, but they get back on D and haven't given up 100+ (or not many) point games, so the D is still there. It's going to be tough getting players in the watered down NBA, even more so now that the stars all want to play buddy ball and go to teams where their friends are.

ProfessorM
01-18-2012, 09:25 PM
old, slow, and in the way. As much as I hate to say this time to blow it up and get some young blood now while the old guys are worth it as we won't be bad enough to do it thru the draft. I find them tough to watch right now.

PaulS
01-19-2012, 08:06 AM
They cert. look old some games. With the shortened compressssssed sch. age may be a huge factor this year. The upside to the sch. is that any teams with with a bunch of new players is going to have trouble playing together.

Saltheart
01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Celtics beat Orlando yesterday without Allen and Rondo.. Pierce is back full force , couple of the new guys contributed. Maybe things are looking up?

MarshCappa
01-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Yea, I thought they showed some stones last night coming back from 27 down. I heard Danny on the radio last week saying they all came into camp out of shape and it was going to take a while for them to get ready. That is total BS and not impressive being they are veterans. :smash:

fishsmith
01-27-2012, 02:30 PM
They went from dead to ahead yesterday, what a tale of two half's. I did learn that I don't miss BigBaby, he is a head case.
A win tonight vs. the Pacers will say alot.

Go Celtics!!!

MarshCappa
01-27-2012, 02:32 PM
They went from dead to ahead yesterday, what a tale of two half's. I did learn that I don't miss BigBaby, he is a head case.
A win tonight vs. the Pacers will say alot.

Go Celtics!!!

:uhuh:

chrisjoe13
01-28-2012, 08:31 AM
4 in a row and back to .500!

fatcow
01-28-2012, 11:54 AM
I think it has to do with the short camp. Not alot of practice and they were all out of shape. The lines on all the NBA games have been low for the over unders. If u watched it closely the first 15 games all were going under. Not in shape. Now plenty of games are going over players are getting in shape.

Saltheart
01-28-2012, 03:23 PM
If you ask me its a said state of affairs when professional athletes have to play themselves into shape with games that count. Seems to me a pro athlete should be "in shape" Everyday , month, year of his career. Sure after they get old they can get fat like Barkley but while active I think it should be their number one priority. Its got to extend their careers a few years if they stay in shape and at 5-10 million a year, a few extra years is a lot of money just to stay in shape.

Slipknot
01-28-2012, 04:02 PM
but 90% of the pro ball players need to play ball against others like them in order to get into game shape, not all of them can do like Ray Allen. The short preseason was not enough, even the regular preseasons are not quite enough for some guys.

The Celts are getting it together for sure, it's good to see.
Another one last night :btu:

ProfessorM
01-29-2012, 10:19 AM
getting more enjoyable to watch.

Van
02-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I am liking the way the rookies are playing.
But the team as a whole is still run hot and cold.

Almost blow a 20+ lead to the cavs.
Then crush Toronto. :confused::confused:

fishsmith
02-02-2012, 01:46 PM
it was raining 3's last night. Aside from the hiccup in cleveland the other day the C's have been on a tear.

Karl F
02-02-2012, 02:01 PM
what is it..6 & 2 without Rondo.... the young guys getting more minutes, and showing lots of promise..YES..some uneven play, but still good to see and fun to watch... liking what Doc is doing with the rotation.. using the older talent as needed.. like seeing the "gel" of the old gaurd and the rookies.. there was some real joy on the faces of Paul, Kevin, J.O., as they were watching on the bench in some of the more "candid" pans of the camera last night...almost like they realize they need these new guys, they are doing fine, and lets enjoy watching them shine... Fun to watch... right now.

Pete F.
02-02-2012, 06:44 PM
The thing I like most about the Celtics is they smile, They realize how lucky they are to be playing a GAME they love and getting paid beau-coup bucks to do it. I am still waiting to see Lebron crack a smile.

Pete F.
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Lebron is sad again:jump:

bart
04-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Rondo with another triple-double. 10, 10, and 20! The C's fought hard and won a great game despite the worst officiating I've ever seen...

Saltheart
04-12-2012, 05:06 AM
Yeah that one official certainly was out of control. Good win. When Pierce and Garnett are shooting hot , nobody can beat them. hate to hear Ray Allen having health problem. Hopefully it goes away and he's back 100 percent soon.

Van
04-12-2012, 07:13 AM
Rondo with another triple-double. 10, 10, and 20! The C's fought hard and won a great game despite the worst officiating I've ever seen...

No kidding...what was it 4 calls in the last minute. All against the Celts. They don't seem to lke Seisma at all. But I hate when the official's call decide the end of a game.

Good to see Pietrus on the court again, but that was a close one when Bass went down, I thought he blew out hist knee for sure.

I think they are in pretty good shape to move through the playoffs. At least a couple of rounds....(Hopefully)>.....

bart
04-12-2012, 07:46 AM
Van, my first was that he tore his ACL as well. I was devastated for a second, couldn't believe when he got back up and continued to play! He was a nice pick up, huh :uhuh: Huge upgrade from Big Baby, we got the better end of that deal by far.

I agree with Saltheart, that when Pierce and KG are shooting the ball, we are pretty hard to defend. But I'm not the biggest Ray Allen fan. I hope he's healthy, but he doesn't defend, can't create his own shot, is a poor decision maker with the ball, etc. Love how Doc had the stones to bring Ray off the bench and start Bradley, who is a lock down defender.

I was bashing this team earlier in the season, mainly because KG was playing like garbage, but I really like this team moving forward. And I believe that Doc is the best coach in the game, I think he really proved it this season...

Sea Dangles
04-12-2012, 08:05 AM
I took the family in for the game last night. The Pierce offensive call with 10 seconds left was brutal,who makes a call like that at home? I sat directly behind KG's wife who is smoking.

bart
04-12-2012, 08:12 AM
that must have been a crazy, playoff-type atmosphere, Chris

fishsmith
04-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Danny's no moves at the trading deadline are paying dividends now. The team looks great, Rondo has been on an absolute tear the way he's feeding the ball.
Nobody wants to face the Celtics in the playoffs.

Go Celtics!!!!!!!

ProfessorM
04-12-2012, 07:51 PM
yeah I guess they were just doing the rope a dope earlier in the season. I had them pretty much pegged as spent. The game the other nite in Miami was spectacular. As good a chance as any team now.