View Full Version : Can/bottle redemption - MA

RIJIMMY
01-19-2012, 09:09 AM
I have about 4 years of cans and bottles I need to redeem. Is there anyplace you can go that takes all cans, not just what was sold at their stores? I always have problems at shaws, stop/shop and others when i return cans they dont carry. Is there a one stop shop?

PRBuzz
01-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Give them to ODM!

He uses a general recycle place near Plymouth.

I use a recycle in Brockton that puts the mentally/physically challenged to work. I think sorting and counting might be the extent of their abilities. End of W Chestnut near Pearl St. Either you can count (estimate) and get paid right away or wait for them to assess.......hope you have a some time!

Nebe
01-19-2012, 09:57 AM
hoarder

RIJIMMY
01-19-2012, 10:16 AM
hoarder

:rotf2: that only applies to my 80s adult video collection

Raven
01-19-2012, 10:25 AM
yup actual redemption centers
they count them up and don't force you
to stuff them into a machine
or they used to anyways....ask

Nebe
01-19-2012, 10:44 AM
:rotf2: that only applies to my 80s adult video collection

You really need to redeem yourself
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIJIMMY
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
yup actual redemption centers
they count them up and don't force you
to stuff them into a machine
or they used to anyways....ask

rav- how do I find them?

fishbones
01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
I bring everything to Corks in Mansfield. We don't drink soda at my house, but I bring a lot of beer cans and bottles there. The best thing about it is I can go right back in with my slips and pick up more beer or a bottle of something nice if I have enough empties. I consider it my reward for drinking a lot.

RIJIMMY
01-19-2012, 12:32 PM
I bring everything to Corks in Mansfield. We don't drink soda at my house, but I bring a lot of beer cans and bottles there. The best thing about it is I can go right back in with my slips and pick up more beer or a bottle of something nice if I have enough empties. I consider it my reward for drinking a lot.

i wonder if they take soda cans?

My other option it to do a drive by and dump 'em on your lawn.

fishbones
01-19-2012, 12:36 PM
i wonder if they take soda cans?

My other option it to do a drive by and dump 'em on your lawn.

They take the major brands like Coke, Pepsi and Canada Dry. As long as they sell it, you can return it there.

striperman36
01-19-2012, 01:16 PM
They take the major brands like Coke, Pepsi and Canada Dry. As long as they sell it, you can return it there.

Corks is broken a lot , so is Mansfield liquor. I just give it to the guy that drives by Thursday mornings
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

WESTPORTMAFIA
01-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I started saving them when my son was born. I use a machine counter. Last week I cashed in 40 bucks worth for his bank account. Since he was born almost 3 years ago we saved him over $300 in can money.

Sea Dangles
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Dubs'

striperman36
01-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Dubs is pretty good for most non-generic sodas along with alcoholic beverages

PRBuzz
01-19-2012, 04:12 PM
rav- how do I find them?

Google Redemption Center!

Registered Redemption Centers in Massachusetts | Waste & Recycling | MassDEP (http://www.mass.gov/dep/recycle/reduce/redempt.htm)

fishbones
01-20-2012, 10:46 AM
I started saving them when my son was born. I use a machine counter. Last week I cashed in 40 bucks worth for his bank account. Since he was born almost 3 years ago we saved him over $300 in can money.

So that's how you explain all the heavy drinking to your girl. You tell her it's all for your son's benefit.:grins: