View Full Version : MSBA SHOW UPDATE!!!!!

Fisherwoman
01-26-2001, 11:00 PM
Just to let everyone know. The MSBA has been givin a great opportunity to return to Cortage Park in Plymouth were the show was held last year. The show last year was a tremendous success and a great show. This show is strickly fishing and the best one of the state in my opinion, especially if you are there to shop. A few weeks ago we had gotten discoraged at the position to have to return to the Braintree Armory, which is a much smaller facility and not much parking. But we were contacted by the reps for Cortage Park and they let us know we could do the show there after all.

So the final decision has been made, the show will be held at Cortage Park in Plymouth on March 24th & 25th. This is a great show, if you can make it, its worth the trip, and there is plenty of free parking. More info to come later, just thought I would let everyone know.

JohnR
01-26-2001, 11:09 PM
HooHooo (in best Homer Simpson voice) ;D

Got Stripers
01-27-2001, 08:50 AM
Cool, that's only 15 minutes away, although I would have gone to Braintree anyway. Let me kmow what the hours are and if there is a better day/time to catch some of you guys/gals there.

Tight lines.

Slipknot
01-27-2001, 09:02 AM
EXCELLANT NEWS that is good to hear , now alot more participants also. Can't wait.

Fisherwoman
01-27-2001, 09:58 AM
Yes Guys and Girls its going to be a good one!!!

JohnR, I will be talking to Rick today and let you know about the booths that we talked about yesterday I think it is a good idea, but want to talk to him 1st. I will let ya know. Have a lot of calls to make today.

JohnR
01-27-2001, 11:53 AM
Yes, Cordage Park is what we wanted all along. Several advantages between much better accomodations with larger booth sizes as well as much more parking and enough room outside that a few companies showed up with boats :P

GS - We'll be there from bell to bell :o

FW - 'Kay

Fisherwoman
01-27-2001, 12:34 PM
JohnR, just came from Rick's we are all set, 3 booths split 3 ways, I put the booths down, we will talk about money later. I put you down for an 8ft table, elect, and chairs, if there is anything else I should know please get back to me, thanks!!!!!!

JohnR
01-27-2001, 12:59 PM
Cool. I think that's all I need for now...

Later

chris L
01-28-2001, 11:24 AM
John R or fisherwoman
could you post directions as this is my first year to the mass bass show . IM coming from south central CT . I would hate to miss it I like good fishing shows and most of the ones today arent as good as they used to be as far a deals go . The one here the CMTA show used to be a good show now everyone tries to sell ya junk or over priced equipment . Ive heard real good things about this show from various people .
thanks
chris L

swimmer
01-28-2001, 01:20 PM
Jul's this must have happened since the meeting Wednesday night. This is good news. It was a great oportunity for us as a club last year, and this year it should prove to be an even greater opportunity for all involved.

JohnR
01-28-2001, 01:27 PM
Not sure what's best for you, 95 or the Pike, but probably coming up 95.

From 95, take 195east in Providence (turns into Rt25) to Rt6 at the Canal Bourne Rotary and follow to the Canal Sagamore Rotary and Rt3 north to exit 7. Follow until Rt3A and take left. Cordage Park is not far on the right.

From Mass Pike to Rt128/95 south. Now the nice confusing part, stay on Rt128 as Rt128 south becomes Rt93 North (your still heading south) and 95 South heads towards Providence. You don't want to go to Providence. You'll come up to the Braintree split where 93N goes towards Boston and 3south goes towards the Cape. Follow Rt3 south until exit 9, Rt3A, and take a left onto 3A. Follow down, proabaly 4 miles and you'll see it on your left, immidiately after WalMart. Big brick old fashioned factory...

There may be more direct ways like Rt44 but I don't know if they would be quicker, maybe Slip or Saltheart would know...

I'll put up a page soon on the show...

[img=http://www.striped-bass.com/Images/semass.gif] [img=http://www.striped-bass.com/Images/ply1.gif]

Slipknot
01-28-2001, 04:14 PM
Take 44 all the way from Providence to plymouth and take a left onto 3a north to Cordage park on the right.

chris L
01-28-2001, 05:52 PM
thanks john and bruce . going to cordage park is better for me than going to braintree. Looks easy enough .
Ill be looking forward to any info you post . I get to go to a show next week end , finally .
thanks again

Got Stripers
01-28-2001, 06:59 PM
I would not take 44 all the way from Providence or plan on adding 30 minutes or more to your drive. I'd go RT95 north to RT128 to Braintree, south on RT3 at the Braintree split, to 3A exit at what used to be the Howard Johnsons, left at the end of the ramp on 3A into Plymouth or

RT95 north to RT495 towards the cape, to RT24 north, first exit RT104 east to Bridgewater center, on to RT106 east all the way to 3A at that same exit (now Bickfords, was old HJ's)and straight into Plymouth and Cordage Park, which is next to Wallmart.

Tight lines.

Slipknot
01-28-2001, 07:01 PM
I'll see you next Sunday Chris. A.M. before Fisheye's show 10:30. I hope there are some bargains left for us on the last day, if not there is always the MSBA show in Mar.

see ya

JohnR
01-29-2001, 03:59 PM
What show is this weekend? Is it Worcster already ???

Fisherwoman
01-29-2001, 04:32 PM
Yes JohnR, that would be correct, we are going up on Thursday, see if we can get some more vendors for our show, so far we have had a very good response to being back at Cortage Park, so time will tell.

Chunker of Death
01-30-2001, 10:44 PM
Oh yeah. Sure, sure, get me all excited by telling me it's moving closer then WHAM BAM, send it back south. LOL Oh what the heck, it's only a few more miles down the road from Braintree. Count me in. I should be wild and crazed from cabin fever by MSBA Show time.

Slipknot
01-31-2001, 12:20 AM
That's right BillB, you should be good and wound up by then and don't forget your rods, I know of more than a few locations nearby to go after a few stripers then . Unless this CCCooollddd winter doesn't warm up. Not too productive to cast a fly on top of ice, but what do I know.

JohnR
01-31-2001, 09:47 AM
Good Idea, a MSBA show spring schoolie fest!!! Seriously, I hope to have locked in some fish by then and have a get together or two as well. ;P

chris L
01-31-2001, 09:55 AM
bruce
im home with the flu this week . But no matter what Ill be there Sunday . Ill find you somewhere there .
A fishing opportunity after the mass bass show Ill bring my rods with me .
Thanks for the directions GS and john .

Chunker of Death
01-31-2001, 10:17 AM
C'mon guys, don't be winding me up about getting on fish. I'll get so excited that I'll end up driving past Plymouth and wind up in Virgina. Hmmmmm, now that's an idea. I think I know a certain boat jockey That I could swing a trip with. Oh Mr.Hill.......Anyway, it has been quite the winter. I reckon I'll go to the Eastern Fishing & Outdoor Exposition this Sunday. That should make me feel better, huh? Yeah, right. On a happier note I'll be taking the family to Orlando the weeek of March 10th. The Little Italian Woman has given me the green light to take a day off from Micky Mouse and go fishing. We'll be headed to Cocoa Beach one day so I reckon that will be my opportunity. Not sure where to go. What ya'll think? It's gotta be from shore. Can't afford a charter(or it means missing Blizzard Beach....NO WAY JOSE'!).

Chunker of Death
01-31-2001, 11:23 AM
C'mon guys, don't be winding me up about getting on fish. I'll get so excited that I'll end up driving past Plymouth and wind up in Virgina. Hmmmmm, now that's an idea. I think I know a certain boat jockey That I could swing a trip with. Oh Mr.Hill.......Anyway, it has been quite the winter. I reckon I'll go to the Eastern Fishing & Outdoor Exposition this Sunday. That should make me feel better, huh? Yeah, right. On a happier note I'll be taking the family to Orlando the weeek of March 10th. The Little Italian Woman has given me the green light to take a day off from Micky Mouse and go fishing. We'll be headed to Cocoa Beach one day so I reckon that will be my opportunity. Not sure where to go. What ya'll think? It's gotta be from shore. Can't afford a charter(or it means missing Blizzard Beach....NO WAY JOSE'!).

mikecc
02-02-2001, 06:20 PM
I signed up for a booth today. Hope to see all for you at the show.Let me know if there is anything you would like to me to bring to the show.

Mike

Chunker of Death
02-02-2001, 10:39 PM
Ohhhhhhh, a schoolie slamming opportunity! I forgot that it will be almost summer down in Plymouth and stripers will be about. Yes, throwing a line would be a most excellent idea. Let us work out the detail as we get closer to the date.

Slipknot
02-02-2001, 11:15 PM
Looking forward to it Bill. Sorry I couldn't make it to the smeltfest 2001, I read that it was somewhat of a success, the more I work in the winter , the more days I can sneak in for striper fishin'. There's always - smeltfest 2002.

JohnR
02-03-2001, 09:56 AM
Smeltfest!!! LMAO. I would have gone too but the competition was the polar bears and the cormorants. Too stiking cold up there in the winter.

Hey Grim Reaper, fortunately you haven't had any major ice storms like two years ago...