View Full Version : BITEME

Swimmer
01-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Thank you so much for sending me the cuttyhunk popper to copy. Took many pictures and measurements.

Turned three between yestderday and today from your lure.

Interesting how things work out. I made a few from red cedar, which weighed 1.2 oz. when finished turning. I knew they were to light so I experimented with weighting them and exactly where to place the weight. As a result of swimming the red cedar poppers I weighted one with one oz. weight, which made it weight 2.2 oz. and weighted on with a half oz. weight which made it weight 1.7 oz's.

The popper that biteme sent me weighed 1.7 to almost 1.8 oz., and I was unsure what wood it was made out of, but my guess was maple. So the first maple popper I turned I imediately weighed and it came in at 1.7 to 1.8 oz., interesting. The float test I did came out great, and the swim test as well. The float test had the plug in the water level settle 1/16" to 1/8" above the through wire. When it was pulled through the water it could throw quite a bit of spray or just a little. Like I was told, I think these could be pulled slow on the surface at night, (this is just a rumor they were fished in this fashion), and we'll find out in a few months if they work. I'll post pics after they are painted.

Biteme
01-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Your welcome. I'm looking foward to some pictures