View Full Version : You know you have a problem with fishing

Got Stripers
01-27-2001, 04:59 PM
when your planning on going striper fishing on Super Bowl Sunday,with 32-34 high temps predicted and 15-25 mph winds. My wife is right, I am a sick puppy and in need of immediate help.

Maybe catch the 2nd half, tight lines.

JohnR
01-27-2001, 08:32 PM
We all have this sickness, er passion, Yes That's it!! Your not sick, your passionate about fishing. Tell your wife that when you get home. Good luck and may nobody see you wire lining for schoolies :o

Slipknot
01-28-2001, 10:58 AM
And just remember if the water has a thin layer of ice you can just cast your lures on top and the bass will explode right thru to reach the bait. ;)

JohnR
01-28-2001, 11:04 AM
You liked that one Slip, eh? Hey Mike T is open again right? I need to get down there and get some more stuff...

Slipknot
01-28-2001, 11:44 AM
Ya john he e:mailed me yesterday that he will be open starting next fri,sat &sun. I called sat(yesterday) and he wasn't open. The last few weekends he was selling shiners but closed early.

I remember reading that new species one before.

Got Stripers
01-28-2001, 06:38 PM
Brrrrrr, man was it cold down there today. I had so many layers on, if I fell in I'd be fish food. The wind was howling and boat control was tough today, but managed 3 schoolies. Expensive fish, full tank $30, wear & tear, I'd say they were each worth about $12-$15. But I met 2 Yamamato bait pro-staffers from NY and we had fun talking fishing all morning, plus they left me about $30 worth of plastics, so I figure it was well worth the effort.

I think some warmer weather will be needed to get anything going down there. Slippy, the couple from Orange were there yesterday and only managed 4 fish and they had 3 today and left early. Well, got to get ready for "The Game", tight lines.

JohnR
01-29-2001, 10:30 AM
GS, you gotta admit that things are at least good when you don't catch the skunk in January - nothing wrong with that ;D