View Full Version : sports radio

ProfessorM
01-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Is there anyone funnier than Mikey Adams on the radio. Friggin guy cracks me up.

good2hook
01-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Is there anyone funnier than Mikey Adams on the radio. Friggin guy cracks me up.

he's awesome. I sat in front of him at a Sox game @ 10 years ago, got to talking with him, he had me and my buddy dying. He was with 2 beautiful blondes.
Ended up buying us beer at the game and then we ended up hanging with him after the game at Beer works if i remember correctly. You can only imagine the girls that flocked to him:screwy:

Raider Ronnie
01-31-2012, 08:34 PM
The Planet Mikey Show theme song - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTGrlCJeTZk)

When he got the show I thought he was retarded.
Now I still think he's retarded but the funniest bastard on radio.

MarshCappa
02-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Yea, I love his show and his antics. WEEI lost me for the morning show though to the Hub's Toucher and Rich. They have a pretty funny show too. I do like the Big Show though on WEEI and can't stand Felger and Maz.

spinncognito
02-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Yea, I love his show and his antics. WEEI lost me for the morning show though to the Hub's Toucher and Rich. They have a pretty funny show too. I do like the Big Show though on WEEI and can't stand Felger and Maz.

Just the opposite for me- Can't stand Toucher/Rich- Not a big fan of Dennis/Callahan either but at least they talk some sports.
Felger is a d- oucheba-g but he is passionately funny and Maz is smaaaaart. The Big show guys do too much screaming at each other and talking over callers and each other- annoying...

good2hook
02-21-2012, 09:51 AM
Mutt and Merloni are awful. I still listen to the Big Show. Holley knows his stuff. Sorta miss Pete Shepherd. I like Felger and Mazz, can't stand Toucher/Rich. Dennis and Callahan think their #^&#^&#^&#^& don't stink and don't talk enough sports, but i still listen to them.
Dennis hasn't been the same since the gorilla remarks. All in all WEEI is still better than 98.5 in my opininon. Though it's definitely not what it used to be.

JohnnyD
02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
The only time my car radio isn't dialed into 98.5 is after the Misses has driven my vehicle.

Seems like 40-45 years old is the cutoff between the two stations. The older folks I know have stuck with WEEI while the younger of us have completely moved over to the SportsHub.

I can't stand how far up John Henry's rear end most of the people on WEEI are. At least they can be critical of the Sox on the SportsHub.

Jackbass
03-04-2012, 04:16 PM
I am 36 and EEI is the only sports talk I listen to. I love Mike Adams it is always a treat when he is on a different show. I don't listen to him much at night
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

GregW
03-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Maybe it is just me , but I can not take too much sports radio. Some shows I find amusing while other shows need to look hard in the mirror. I love listening to sports, but the whole concept of it is bizarre, those who can't(or never did), criticizing those that do.