View Full Version : Insurance rates increase

nightfighter
02-02-2012, 06:03 AM
After a bad year weatherwise, were going to see our homeowners rates increase statewide.... We are all going to share in the process of making the insurance companies whole after a year of tornados and roof collapses. Also seeing auto insurance rates going up after three, maybe four years of state mandated decreases... I sure wish I could increase my rates in my business.

Backbeach Jake
02-02-2012, 06:20 AM
First you need a law that mandates your business...

basswipe
02-02-2012, 06:21 AM
And it looks like registration fees/taxes will be increasing too.

Grapenuts
02-02-2012, 06:31 AM
so the more rates go up the less an less I made this year the less the state gets in taxes..I can play too.My income was just the pits this year.

Slipknot
02-02-2012, 07:21 AM
First you need a law that mandates your business...

ya they have those already, unfortunately they work for making life easier for foreigners who come here to send there American made dollars home and cause us to have to be creative, or work for next to nothing in order to compete with those who choose to not carry the proper licenses, insurance etc.

You can dump insurance companies right in the same boat as banks, lawyers and those slackard polititions:fury: :wall:

nightfighter
02-02-2012, 07:35 AM
When I do my payroll survey, my comp will go down, but I bet liability will go up, again......

PaulS
02-02-2012, 08:04 AM
After a bad year weatherwise, were going to see our homeowners rates increase statewide.... We are all going to share in the process of making the insurance companies whole after a year of tornados and roof collapses.

A lot of times after big storms/disasters, you see the rates of property casualty insur. go up. It's b/c they then have justification for rate increases.

InTheHole
02-02-2012, 08:21 AM
It's one of the biggest scams around, I pay you for insurance in case something bad happens, most of us pay for a long time with no claims, something happens, I fight to get the right amount for the damage, I have to pay an additional deductible on top of the money I already spent on coverage, then they raise my rates because I used a service that I have paid for ?
But what do I know, I am just one of the misguided, middle class, who doesn't get the big picture.

Raider Ronnie
02-02-2012, 10:02 AM
A civil war is the only answer.
This country is too far gone to fix.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Mike P
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM
It's one of the biggest scams around, I pay you for insurance in case something bad happens, most of us pay for a long time with no claims, something happens, I fight to get the right amount for the damage, I have to pay an additional deductible on top of the money I already spent on coverage, then they raise my rates because I used a service that I have paid for ?
But what do I know, I am just one of the misguided, middle class, who doesn't get the big picture.

If you're lucky, they'll raise your rates. One of my friends had the same insurer for 30 years. Made one claim for water damage after a skylight failed during a winter noreaster. After the claim was processed, his insurer dumped him, and he got dropped into the unFAIR plan. Just like the rest of us in all of Barnstable County who live in a "coastal flood/high wind" zone.

Insurance regulation is a joke--when private companies can get away with red-lining an entire county, no matter how far inland one might live, why even bother having regulators?

tysdad115
02-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Lets not forget the ever rising health insurance costs that we are required to pay for. We are forced to pay ridiculous amounts in insurance every week so the MASSHEALTH plan can still be provided free for those who take advantage of the system. Those of us "fortunate" enough to work for a living are forced to provide to the freeloaders. Talk about a system that needs to be overhauled completely, anything insurance in this state (MA) is a joke.

JohnnyD
02-02-2012, 01:29 PM
You can dump insurance companies right in the same boat as banks, lawyers and those slackard polititions:fury: :wall:
I read a while back that the tallest building in many cities is owned by an insurance company or the parent company of an insurance firm. This was before the recent economic collapse though.

5/0
02-02-2012, 05:59 PM
And it looks like registration fees/taxes will be increasing too.

Funny,but it's true,now a days it seems everything is going up but my income........I'm so poor I can't even pay attention!