View Full Version : What will fishing be like 10 yrs? 20? 50?

addict
05-14-2003, 07:29 PM
I only got the disease last year. But reading about all the conservation nightmares made me wonder if I can enjoy fishing in decades to come (I'm 38).

Will we be fishing at all in 20-50 yrs?
What do you think?

UserRemoved1
05-14-2003, 07:41 PM
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030514-014438-1306r

Scotch Bonnet
05-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Then all these 20#rs will be 50#rs

Fly Rod
05-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Fishing is not a disease!!! FISHING is an atribute of enjoying LIFE!!!:happy: :happy: Conservation is one of the greatest things that ever happened to fishing and hunting. Because of CONSERVATION:happy: :happy: my GRAND CHILDREN and your children and grand children can enjoy the great outdoors of fishing & hunting. And I can remember when my grand father ,father and uncle used to come in with there fishing boats with 80-100,000 lbs. of fish some only as long as your baby finger and saying "today is today and the hell with tomorrow". Well we have all found out what tomorrow ment, "the dissipation of the spieces whether it be fishing or hunting. Today you and I the recreational and the commercial fisherman is paying the price. Today with the laws that are inplace recreational and commercial fishermen and our children and their children should enjoy fishing and hunting for many years to come with out the interferance of these self righteous groups such as PETA; HSUS; Stripebass forever; Fund for Animals; etc. of which our fishing and hunting DOLLARS goes to fighting these groups.

:) Home Port of THE PERFECT STORM :cool:

Raven
05-14-2003, 11:21 PM
We will have hover cars that will be better than boats and not actually touch the water. They will have acoustic sound systems,and 3d printer machines for making any lure you want right on the spot. I will be televised by remote viewing any time i choose talking to my fishin buddies saying like: "check out how nice this computerized reel works and seeing the fish swim ahead of me with robocams that monitor ocean activity within 1000 yards part thru simulation and part thru actual viewing. I will be able to fully record and preserve every moment that happens with a chip implant that records all your experiences so that you can exchange them with your friends much like an mp3 and then enter a simulater , so that you too... can relive the experience.

ok ! dont wanna scare yah....theres a little fishin future shock for ya... a glimpse into the future. We went to the moon in 20 years.
~All of the inventions i've mentioned at this date already exist.~
:happy: :happy:

Fly Rod
05-15-2003, 06:48 AM
WOWWWWWW!!!!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy: I sure can use that stuff NOW!!!! Will I be Able to afford it??? Must come with a big PRICETAG $$$$$$$$;) ;) ;) :happy: :happy: :happy:

Raven
05-26-2003, 08:27 PM
the first electric car from france that goes 200 mph costs $350,000
to buy one....so in other words the proto-type is cost prohibitive
now. But given the new advances in electrical storage mediums becoming lighter, with newer stronger lighter materials than steel made from carbon nano tubes, will eventually replace our heavy metal vehicles and soon competitive pricing will drive the price down.
Hummers are going to have dual motors one electric for silent running and one for fuel. So here the military much like Nasa will introduce new technologies into the auto industry.#^&#^&#^&#^& tracy watches are here and with cameras built into cell phones to send pictures via the net, that and the wireless internet connections will change the ways we communicate. The first computer built cost $50,000 dollars and now you can buy them at walmart for 200 bucks at 100 times the power of the origional.Chips will soon be incorporated into everything you buy.The military has already designed 3d printers that will just recieve a set of dimensional instructions and can make "any part - anywhere" instead of the normal requisition and delivery in the past. enuff said... :D

bloocrab
05-27-2003, 09:13 AM
>>>>- :lossinit: :bsod: :liquify: --- :wavey:

Raven
05-27-2003, 09:41 AM
hah hah hah just boredom i guess -as i am about to do battle with a sink trap and have just grabbed the jaws of death channel locks- afterwards -> then i'll go rain fishin somewhere... decisions....???:confused:

addict
05-27-2003, 10:53 AM
bloo - I'm a liar, I had fish yesterday. Deep fried over stuffing and cooked to pefection. That fluke was good. :rolleyes:

bloocrab
05-27-2003, 04:57 PM
addict...a Striper of that size should have given you plenty of dinners, never mind the fact that you kept 2

:hf1: :uhuh: :lasso: