View Full Version : Any seagate go flex home users?

iamskippy
02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
when i first set it up i delete the files in each of the folders, i was wondering if anyone here uses the goflex home and would be willing to share those files back, its cause a small problem with the performance and linking of the DLNA.

Matt D
02-06-2012, 10:39 PM
I've got one that I removed from the housing and am using in a PC I'm building. Haven't deleted the preinstalled software yet. What files do you need?

iamskippy
02-06-2012, 11:33 PM
I've got one that I removed from the housing and am using in a PC I'm building. Haven't deleted the preinstalled software yet. What files do you need?

In each of the sections of the drive home public private there is sets of factory files, im trying to think of what they were named. If you sort by date they would pro be your oldes folders

Thanks for trying to help
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Matt D
02-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Okay, I've got a "Seagate" folder. It's got 2 subfolders in it "Registration" and "Seagate DashBoard". There's also "Setup" and "autorun" in the root directory as well as a Mac installer and GoFlex icon. The whole Seagate directory is close to 200MB. A little hard to email something that size. Could either burn a CD and ship it to you, or maybe upload it to rapidshare or the like.

Or if you know it's only a few smaller files that you need just give me the names and we'll go from there.

iamskippy
02-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Nope those be the ones i need, if you wanna do rapid share that would be cool

PRBuzz
02-07-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't have Flex but looks like I also have those files (as a 2nd source).

Matt D
02-07-2012, 11:55 AM
Did you try to get the software from Seagate themselves? Rapidshare isn't recognizing what I thought my login was. Haven't used it forever, and one of the subfolders is all M$ junk. Makes me a little nervous to put it up for web download. From Seagate (http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=goflex-software):

In Case of Lost Software

Windows Users:

The Windows software includes encryption and due to export/import restrictions cannot be made available on the web. If you have erased the software and need to obtain replacement software for your hard drive, contact Seagate Technical Support by email.

Important: Please include your drive serial number and your physical mailing address (no PO boxes) when contacting Technical Support. The software will be provided as a special download link in the response email to you.

iamskippy
02-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Seagate has been a blast, to get assistance from thats why i reached out here

Matt D
02-07-2012, 03:43 PM
skippy, you've got PM.

fishaholic18
02-13-2012, 06:34 AM
FreeAgent GoFlex Support | Seagate (http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=goflex-support&vgnextoid=884623db95b07210VgnVCM1000001a48090aRCRD )

PRBuzz
02-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Did you get the CD? Got it working yet?

iamskippy
02-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Did you get the CD? Got it working yet?

i ma trying them now got them sat. not sure if they are the right ones i am hoping so.

Matt D
02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Rapidshare no workie? I'll go delete it if you're done with it.