View Full Version : herring in harwich

RickBomba
05-14-2003, 07:41 PM
Anybody know if the herring Nazi is at the run yet?
Are they enforing the same six fish limit this year?
Are there fish in the run?
Sorry so many questions guys.
Later,
Rick

Fly Rod
05-14-2003, 08:11 PM
By you using the language of herring NAZI that you are aganist conservation of the spieces???? Please let us know.

RickBomba
05-14-2003, 08:41 PM
As far as the "Nazi" thing goes, it refers to the Seinfeld episode with the soup Nazi.
If you remember, he makes up arbitrary rules for ordering soup.
If you want a supporter for herring conservation, I'm yor're number one candidate. Maybe I'll bring you down to the run with me sometime, and you'll see the pomp and circumstance that this self-righteous, non-state endorsed monkey puts on.
It's like me guarding my driveway with a shotgun...a great show of force, but is there any need for it?
Later,
Rick:smash:

jeffsod
05-15-2003, 07:33 AM
Rick you can call the Harwich Harbormaster Tom Leach and ask what the reg's are for '03 but I think I heard it was still 6 fish. I am sure they are watching the run by now as I have seen quite a few fishing herring out and about in the area.

Their ruling a couple years back that no one from out of town could get herring was a fiasco. From what I saw it had nothing to do with conservation as they were allowing the locals to fill five gallon buckets once a week?

No Soup For You ;)

jeffsod
05-15-2003, 07:40 AM
Just checked out the Harbormasters website which is full of good links:

http://www.vsv.cape.com/~harharb/main.html

There is a link at the bottom of the page to the herring regulations. Worth a visit to get the full scoop on the regulations.

Rappin Mikey
05-15-2003, 09:40 AM
Hey Rickman, thems sounds like an inproperly structured sentence with fighting words in dem from this fly rod dude. He should ask more questions before making accusations about conservation.

bdsandman
05-15-2003, 09:43 AM
The Harwich run has been a bust so far this year... There's been a few strong days but for the most part it's been a struggle to scoop the six fish limit. Hopefully it's just late but who knows??