View Full Version : Thanks Skippy, "The Porkster"

chefchris401
02-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Skippy made me this plug over the winter, the slope head is hand carved with a sanding block and 80 grit then sanded smooth.

One big belly slug, pikie 2 lip, paint is black back, gold to white with lots of flake in it, thing glows in the water.

Tail flag is one of skippys new double wrap tails.

Swam the plug today while testing out my rainshadow build.

The middle of the plug is pretty fat, the plug stays on top like a sufster, tail wags like crazy, but wont roll out, no water how hard or fast you crank it down, the deepest it would dive is 3" and the flag was still casuing a nice little commotion behind it.

I took a video but cant seem to upload it from photobucket.

Heres a pic of the plug, all rigged up with 3/0 vmcs. The other cool thing is the front hook hangs straight down on the retrieve, while the back hook tucks against the body. Should make for great hook ups. The hook placement is great, they dont marry at all.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee435/chefchris2/b4bff137.jpg

And here is the pic of sitting in the water. sits perfectly level with the bottom of the slope.

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee435/chefchris2/317c1d2f.jpg

Thanks Skippy I know a few places where this plug should crush, cant wait to let it sit on the back of the wave and watch it get crushed.

Muskyslayer96
02-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Nice job Skippy!

Sweet color, love the shape.....and I'm always a sucker for a nice Ars shake :rotf2:

MS

Mojo7
02-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Very nice Skippy!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

iamskippy
02-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Chef,

Thanks for being my guinea pig on the "Porkster" and the tail Flag! That is a one of a kind but i may do a few more now that you tested it, and the swim in the video looks amazing for the way you filmed it. I wish i was there to see it's maiden voyage. i uploaded the video like you asked, we need to talk about your camera's quality now a days. :rotf2:

video3gpp_2.3gp - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV8J9G-vg9A&feature=youtu.be)

chefchris401
02-23-2012, 07:38 PM
think the video quality is crap cause it compresses it when you send via the phone, ill try and upload it later

chefchris401
02-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Porkster swim test - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98GIqPQmkuA&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Ryan560
02-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Damn nice work there Skip! Looks like a well thought out plug, nice action

taJon
02-25-2012, 03:50 PM
what method did you use on the retrieve? is that the natural plug motion with a steady retrieve?

iamskippy
02-25-2012, 03:54 PM
what method did you use on the retrieve? is that the natural plug motion with a steady retrieve?

When it was coming from the left he was pulling the rod and trying to film, the retrive from the right is the natural retrieve. Unfortunitly i wasnt there to film it he did it himself, but i will let him give the details.

chefchris401
02-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah normal steady retrieve, stays on top like a surfster, but digs a little better and doesn't roll out.

Also cast really well for a chunky metal lip.

iamskippy
02-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah normal steady retrieve, stays on top like a surfster, but digs a little better and doesn't roll out.

Also cast really well for a chunky metal lip.

Chef it looked like it almost showed the white belly on the roll, did it?

chefchris401
02-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah think it did skippy, too bad I have the only one, I'm scared to lose it

iamskippy
02-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah think it did skippy, too bad I have the only one, I'm scared to lose it

if it showed the belly damn that is like a 3/4 side roll if you will, thats nice especially with out the flag hanging,

just give it to me i will keep a good eye on it :)

GIVE IT BACK!

Mojo7
02-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Very nice looking and swimming plug.