View Full Version : cape cod

Mr. Kav
01-30-2001, 10:15 AM
I have some friends from bermuda coming up and they are renting a house with a dock in july. the house is located off the namequoit river on arey's pond. I looked it up on a map and it seems to be inside pleasant bay. does anyone know about fishing in that bay or around monmoy island. Is it a long way to that island? Thanks for any information you can give.

JohnR
01-30-2001, 02:31 PM
I'm not familiar with that river or island but that can be one REAL sweet spot in July. You have many places with all kinds of moving water to play with. Just inside the bays, Pleasant and Stage Harbor, is good fishing in protected waters if its nasty outside (although the channel where Pleasant bay dumps out is too swift and narrow to fish from a boat). Also, you have where these waters empty out to fish. Monomoy Rips is a famous boat spot (haven't fished it yet but Bill C loves the place). And then there is Monomoy Island which is a place many surfcasters dream of fishing (even though it is not what it once was since the storm changed all of the bars and islands there). The Island was famous for nights where people would get numerous fish over 40 pounds from the surf in the 70s and 80s. Monomoy Flats, to this day, is a Mecca of sorts to saltwater flyfishers. You also have the Nauset Inlet to the north (but not sure about boat fishing)...