View Full Version : This pic is wild, think its real??

Van
05-16-2003, 10:52 AM
Whaddya think ?

mrmacey
05-16-2003, 11:15 AM
when i was in the navy i was on submarines and when we were on the surface they would jump through the wake right over the bow was cool to watch i think thats where the term dolphins comes from the pin you get when you get qualified subs!!

hooked
05-16-2003, 11:26 AM
In a past life I lived north of San Diego and it was pretty common to encounter pods of dolphin while surfing.

Surfing with them was a humbling experience.

The most memorable moments were paddling out in the fog, at daybreak, alone and having dorsal fins break the surface all around you while waiting for a set. It took a little longer to rinse out the wetsuit on those days.

Van
05-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Guys. Yea I agree, it does look real, and I thought it was.
Wonder what those surfers are thinking?

Hooked that is too funny. and I'll bet it would be a bit un-nerving!!!

MM:
Where you on nuclear powered?

Amythefish
05-18-2003, 07:06 PM
I think it's real where did you get the picture from... It must of been really cool to here:happy:

Van
05-19-2003, 07:05 AM
AmyTF:

I just got it e-mailed to me with a bunch of other pics.

Now idea of its origin.

It is a cool pic though.

I believe you can copy it by clicking right on the image and saving it to your hardrive.

Mr. Sandman
05-19-2003, 11:51 AM
A CREW MEMBER ON A LAND OIL RIG IN THE AMAZON WENT OUT AND TOOK A NAP. HE WAS MISSING AND THIS IS WHAT THEY FOUND.

Mr. Sandman
05-19-2003, 11:51 AM
2 of 3

Mr. Sandman
05-19-2003, 11:52 AM
3 of 3

MAC
05-19-2003, 03:52 PM
First pic is cool (the one with the dolphins, the last 3 are :yak:

Raven
05-20-2003, 06:08 AM
if you had that big a wave full of dolphins about to smash you ....
you'd be facing the other way and paddling like mad....plus the height of the ocean in the fore ground doesnt appear to be normal...and or the photographer would have to be high up in the air........say ... on the deck of a boat. Just my opinion tho.:confused:

mrmacey
05-21-2003, 06:07 AM
the waves like the ones in the pic broke real close to shore someone with a zoom lens could have took that from a lifeguard station remember bay watch van i bet you do! lol!:D and if i was a surfer used to seeing that why not sit there and enjoy watching that is a cool site allways wanted to swim with the dolphins

mrmacey
05-21-2003, 06:19 AM
of my submarine USS BLUEBACK SS 581

likwid
05-21-2003, 10:21 AM
I'll put money on it being real....

As far as the "dolphins smashing into you"

They're a bit more manuverable than the average human ;)

Raven
05-28-2003, 05:28 AM
i was talking about the wave.... not the dolphins bro. Hey if your reading this: i used to live on Grove st and on West Island too
a long time ago... ok? (in Fairhaven) and wondered about good striper fishing spots down your way. I haven't gone scouting to see what's still accesible now with so many fancy homes going up and with" restricted beach access" and all the "PRIVATE" signs everywhere. Any information would be very much appreciated
and or possibly we can hook up someday.
thanks in advance,
Raven

likwid
05-28-2003, 01:25 PM
I'm wary about fishing around Fairhaven/New Bedford just because of the harbor itself... But as far as I've heard people have been takin big bass off the fishing boat docks over in the warehouse areas on the NB side... (Wouldn't keep em though...)

I'd say to hell with Fairhaven... hit up West Island and work the beach...

My old man threw eels down there about a week ago and was hitting.

Raven
05-28-2003, 02:29 PM
well , i once learned how to cut fish down at the docs unloading fish off the boats in the old days(from an ole fish cutter by the name of Dave Ferron,who also taught me to fish)..and swinging in tan sacks of scallops all day that weighed fifty pounds or more.
I also go for the beauty of the sea ,the sunsets and the air so fishin near the city wouldn't be my first choice..But west island has some beautiful shoreline and being a point gives you that florida keys feeling if you get my drift. But thanks for the info :cool:

likwid
05-28-2003, 02:54 PM
I lump when I need some cash on the side...

Real man's work.

:rolleyes: