View Full Version : Cape contractors needed

Finlander
03-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Just bought a house in East Sandwich just off Scorton Creek, right now it's a second home but in a few years it will be my full time fish/retirement home. It's in pretty good shape but does need some work. Like a roof, update electrical. Any of the Cape guys have names and numbers of contractors you have used and would recommend I would greatly appreciate. In time I'm also need a general contractor, to knock down a wall and replace some of trim. Thanks, Chris

Raider Ronnie
03-01-2012, 01:18 PM
AveMaria Home Remodeling - Home (http://www.avemariaremodeling.com)

Mike is working on a house in Dennis now. Maybe he will be willing to work down there a bit longer.
617 909-2125
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter
03-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Capesams Send him a PM.

MarshCappa
03-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Call me and I can help you out. I do a ton of business with all kinds of contractors on the cape. If they aren't members of HB&RACC or NARI I wouldn't do business with them. I know local guys of all size companies that will do good work. We work with the one man shows to the luxury home mega mansion builders.

PM me if you want some help.

Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Cape Cod | Home (http://www.capecodbuilders.org/#bf_miniCal_144)

MarshCappa
03-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I happen to be scheduled to be in that area next Monday.

Jackbass
03-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I am an electrical contractor I travel to the cape for work.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Finlander
03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks all, I closing on the 16th so I still have a couple of weeks, will need to and want to get some of it done soon after, so will be in-touch.

bassballer
03-02-2012, 08:55 AM
congrats on the house.

Slipknot
03-02-2012, 09:09 AM
NICE location!, congrats
great spot for fall fishing

if you need any inside work, let me know and I can help you out.

MarshCappa
03-02-2012, 09:35 AM
NICE location!, congrats
great spot for fall fishing

if you need any inside work, let me know and I can help you out.

Or even better hire a S-B member and sponsor!!!!!!!:uhuh:

nightfighter
03-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Or even better hire a S-B member and sponsor!!!!!!!:uhuh:

:confused: And if we're not on the "list"????? Just know there are some top notch craftmen who choose not to join those associations and pay the accompanying dues.......

MarshCappa
03-02-2012, 10:56 AM
:confused: And if we're not on the "list"????? Just know there are some top notch craftmen who choose not to join those associations and pay the accompanying dues.......

Absolutely!!!! I sit on the membership committee so i'm partial. But I have friends that are GC's that have done work at my house that aren't members. Being a member has it's priviledges though, CEU programs for your educational requirements, health insurance, work comp insurance discounts, and a lobby/voice to the state and federal govts that look out for your interests not the states or feds interests. I could go on on about the Wind code issue. When I saw his post I thought using a good local guy to the Cape might help him.

capesams
03-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Finlander...congrats on your new home.

The very first thing I'd do is check with the R.E co. your buying the home from to see if the owners already have folks who have worked on the home and know it's in's and out's...these are the guys who will I'm sure be happy to not lose out because of a new owner and they may very well be locals who live just down the street or not far away.

Don't fall pray to large contractors who need to charge an arm and a leg because their overhead is large...all those trucks and tools,insurance add up and you'll pay for it.

A good builder worth his salt will beable to do it all if it's a small job or large.If you find someone who can only do one or two things and their not well rounded in the everything that has to do with a home,,walk away from them..keep looking.

Check with your local town hall,theres always list's of local service people with good rep's in town...KEEP the work local and don't give it to those who live off cape...there's plenty of service folks who live here and be happy to serve you.

Finlander
03-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Again thanks all, the locating is great about a five minute walk to the water, a little farther to the mouth of the creek. Going to have to get a yak for up inside.
It's taken a year of looking and a couple of almost, but this is the best we've seen for the money. With some work should be very nice. Going to make for a busy year, going to have to work on find time to fish. Some of the work I can do, but will contract a lot of it out.

Canal Critter
03-04-2012, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=capesams;924667]Finlander...congrats on your new home.

The very first thing I'd do is check with the R.E co. your buying the home from to see if the owners already have folks who have worked on the home and know it's in's and out's...these are the guys who will I'm sure be happy to not lose out because of a new owner and they may very well be locals who live just down the street or not far away.

Don't fall pray to large contractors who need to charge an arm and a leg because their overhead is large...all those trucks and tools,insurance add up and you'll pay for it.

The problem with that is the original owners may have been hiring the same bum over & over. I can't tell you how many wiring nightmares I've come across after the "usual" guy finally got booted.