View Full Version : SANDMAN or MV folk- Farmneck/ daily dockage question

fishsmith
03-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi Sandman or MV folk,

I'm just back from the golf show, and the bug is hitting. From 4/8 - 4/28 farmneck is $68 w/cart. Can you let me know what I'd need to do to dock the boat while golfing? If the stars align I'd like to fish enroute, golf 18 (starting around 10am ish), then fish on the on the way back to falmouth.

any assistance would be much appreciated. thanks

striperman36
03-04-2012, 05:20 PM
now, I'd sign up for that. I've never played FarmNeck. Been in a taxi with folks doin the walk on ferry thing

Mr. Sandman
03-04-2012, 05:59 PM
that time of year just pull up and dock. Give the harbormaster a call and let him know but I doubt there is any charge.

fishsmith
03-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Great, thanks Sandman. If this plan works, I'll post something here to see if others want to join up.

Mr. Sandman
03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Keep in mind that spring arrives a bit later here than the mainland, trees take a bit more time to leaf out here. (On the flip side...fall last into dec sometimes) The course will not be as nice looking as it does mid summer. Still the same course and views but don't expect a lot of heavy foliage. Bottom line...4/28 is better then 4/8, but pick your day on the weather.
I see guys on the ferry with their clubs all the time. It would be cool to make a personal boat trip esp if the weather cooperates.

Matt D
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
I'll be there that last weekend of April. A bunch of us go every year. The twilight rate is even better, somewhere in the neighborhood of $35. I think that rate begins at 2pm. We almost always get in 18, but the last hole can be a little dusky if you get hung up behind slow play.

Beautiful course. The water is still pretty cold, so any wind coming off it has a real bite. Pack your thermals.

Swimmer
03-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I remember when it was only nine holes and it wasn't Farm Neck.

I have and old friend of mine who said when he stayed at the Anthony's Motel there, old man Calloway was the golf pro.