View Full Version : Opening day at the show!

Padawan
03-09-2012, 10:37 PM
How was it today? any feed back. Ill be going tomrow

blondterror
03-09-2012, 11:01 PM
If you want an AH new darter stop by Don's booth early... they are selling like hotcakes. sign up for another year or 2 of On The water and get a free sebile swimmer. The Commando bags are very nice. Saltys has a Jr banana plug kit. The CTS and century rods are both great...
The gansett girls are back.

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Cheapest deal on boat rods are on the 1st isle to your left when u walk in about 4 vendors down. Picked up a shimano Terez 180 cash. Can't be touched for that price even on the net with coupon codes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Padawan
03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Some great deals going in. I been looking to get a few terez.

Soundbounder
03-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Video from Friday (skip the first 35 seconds or so)

Anyone recognize themselves? :grins:

Scenes from the 2012 New England Saltwater Fishing Show - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc6Ly127VS0&feature=player_embedded#)!
Video: 2012 New England Saltwater Fishing Show | BoatingLocal.com (http://boatinglocal.com/fishing/video-2012-new-england-saltwater-fishing-show.html)

FYI: I believe the Darters are sold out. They were gone early.

jredfly
03-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Very cool walk-around, thanks for posting.

FYI: I believe the Darters are sold out. They were gone early.

[/QUOTE]

chefchris401
03-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Darters and Danny's are gone from ah.

Grabbed another century blank with a show discount. And was able to get all my rod building components at the show, the guy even matched the CMS Saturday discount!

Scored some killer surf asylum plugs.

Finally met the team at ZeeBaas, even nicer in person.

Commando wasn't there, mak was though.

Got some show special ss wonderbread plugs.

Lots of deals on no name plugs and cheap gear.

A few spots had giant plug discount bins that had ah, tattoo, lemires, Gibbs, etc up to 40 percent off. If you want to look threw them there were some killer deals on good plugs, way cheaper than buying direct.

I delivered some luxe burger to a few booths, my phone was going off all day asking me for orders.

Like every year, lots of boat gear, lots of used gear and lots of junk.

The gansett girls I saw looked like they were the original gansett girls from the 70s, and we're serving cottage cheese thighs with every beer.

t.orlando
03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
The gansett girls I saw looked like they were the original gansett girls from the 70s, and we're serving cottage cheese thighs with every beer.

Thanks for the laugh, almost spit my water all over the keyboard.:grins:

PRBuzz
03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
If you go to RISSA, make sure to stop by ChefChris' LUXE Burger Bar only a couple blocks away. Much better than eating at the show!

iamskippy
03-10-2012, 03:58 PM
If you go to RISSA, make sure to stop by ChefChris' LUXE Burger Bar only a couple blocks away. Much better than eating at the show!

X1000 im a luxe burger junky, dont forget they offer more then just burgers, i had a ceaser salad last time i was there, they offer build your own mac and cheese as well, however if your going right for the heart attack, make sure you get the tots and load em up!

Mr. Sandman
03-10-2012, 04:10 PM
The new Shimnao Tranx...Now that looked kewl!

I saw a few innovative offshore lures that looked nice, and the builders did a good sales job on me....I picked up a bag full. If they work, I'll be back, if not...I will give them crap next year. I gave one guy a tongue in cheek hard time about something I bought last year..."YOU!! I said, Hey I bought one of these last year....I trolled this damn thing over 100miles thru prime water and nothing touched it last year while everything else in the spread got hit. I finally took it off my boat, This just does not work!, you want it back?"...everybody looking at his stuff left the booth.

Plenty of good stuff to drewl over.

My favorite spinning reel is that new Diawa saltiga 6500...what a awesome offshore spinner! It is on my wish list...but 1300 bucks ouch!

agsurfr
03-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Show was fun. Met Don from AH. Very nice guy with a quality product. No darters left. Guess they were gone on Friday in about 30 minutes, despite the 2 plug limit. I did get to see one that he had on display, killer squid paint. Very nice.

Great to see CTS and Century in 1 place. Loads of fun sorting through the discount bins. Picked up cheap RedGills--6 for $8.

Got to see the Greg Meyerson's 81# mount. The photos don't do that fish justice! Very impressive

We had a blast--shredded a few pesos. Time to go fishing!!

chefchris401
03-10-2012, 06:57 PM

Phil sorry I didn't get a chance to come out and talk to you, but you guys came in the middle of the road race rush, place was packed all day.

Thanks for stopping in!

fish4striper
03-11-2012, 07:51 AM
The new Shimnao Tranx...Now that looked kewl!

I saw a few innovative offshore lures that looked nice, and the builders did a good sales job on me....I picked up a bag full. If they work, I'll be back, if not...I will give them crap next year. I gave one guy a tongue in cheek hard time about something I bought last year..."YOU!! I said, Hey I bought one of these last year....I trolled this damn thing over 100miles thru prime water and nothing touched it last year while everything else in the spread got hit. I finally took it off my boat, This just does not work!, you want it back?"...everybody looking at his stuff left the booth.

Plenty of good stuff to drewl over.

My favorite spinning reel is that new Diawa saltiga 6500...what a awesome offshore spinner! It is on my wish list...but 1300 bucks ouch!

real world on Saltiga vs stella:

OBX BFT CRUSH 11 for 17 3/08/12 - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-charters-forum/410294-obx-bft-crush-11-17-3-08-12-a.html)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0averagejoe
Great job on the catch!!! That is awesome action especially on topwater!!!!

Question - 38lbs of drag on the spinner and 40lbs of drag on the JM........ how did you measure these values? Did you measure on a scale or just guess-stimate?

Question - How did the new Saltiga 6500H perform? Nice to see these reels getting put through the ringer and seriously tested!!!
Everything was done on a drag scale that morning.

The daiwa did not do so well.

BobT
03-11-2012, 08:54 AM
OK.....went.......didn't buy anything. Looked for the Fisherman Magazine so I could renew but couldn't find them !!! They weren't there. My once every fifth year visit was full filled.

PRBuzz
03-11-2012, 09:21 AM
OK.....went.......didn't buy anything. Looked for the Fisherman Magazine so I could renew but couldn't find them !!! They weren't there. My once every fifth year visit was full filled.

Yes they were!

piemma
03-11-2012, 11:03 AM
real world on Saltiga vs stella:

OBX BFT CRUSH 11 for 17 3/08/12 - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (http://www.thehulltruth.com/sportfishing-charters-forum/410294-obx-bft-crush-11-17-3-08-12-a.html)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0averagejoe
Great job on the catch!!! That is awesome action especially on topwater!!!!

Question - 38lbs of drag on the spinner and 40lbs of drag on the JM........ how did you measure these values? Did you measure on a scale or just guess-stimate?

Question - How did the new Saltiga 6500H perform? Nice to see these reels getting put through the ringer and seriously tested!!!
Everything was done on a drag scale that morning.

The daiwa did not do so well.

Looking at those pictures made me drool. :btu::btu:

MAKAI
03-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Does anyone really know what 40#s of drag feels like on spinning tackle? Things will start breaking long before 40# is reached. Try putting that amount of drag in stand up gear and see how much that really is. Buckle up it's enormous.

agsurfr
03-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Does anyone really know what 40#s of drag feels like on spinning tackle? Things will start breaking long before 40# is reached. Try putting that amount of drag in stand up gear and see how much that really is. It's enormous.

You got that right. Just clip a cinder block onto your line and heave it overboard.

MAKAI
03-11-2012, 02:46 PM
You got that right. Just clip a cinder block onto your line and heave it overboard.

While under way!

Liv2Fish
03-11-2012, 03:28 PM

Wish I know you had a place there. I was dying for a burger but don't know the area. My nephews dragged me to Five Guys.

PRBuzz
03-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Wish I know you had a place there. I was dying for a burger but don't know the area. My nephews dragged me to Five Guys.

Damn, there's a 5 Guys in the area, would have gone there instead.....just kidding ChefChris!:rotf2:

bassballer
03-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Damn, Dons darters seem to be a hot commodity this year huh?

blondterror
03-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Here is a pic of one of Don's darters that I picked up on Friday afternoon, plus a free Sebile from OTW, a baby banana kit and a chocolate fish from Saltys, and a Zipster from the lonely angler (John Wilson)

piemma
03-12-2012, 02:27 AM
You know, I stop by and see Salty every now and then (about 15 minutes from my house) and he was working on those lures this winter. You would not believe the amount of work that goes into them.

blondterror
03-12-2012, 06:54 AM
You know, I stop by and see Salty every now and then (about 15 minutes from my house) and he was working on those lures this winter. You would not believe the amount of work that goes into them.

Yes... I appreciate what he has done with this Frech design... I made a full size one from scratch (basswood) last winter and they are very time intensive.

Pete_G
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Luxe Burger. Had the Pepe Burger. Epic. Nuff said.

As for the show the Tranx is definitely an interesting reel, first time I'd held it in my hands. I kind of want one even though I really don't need it. Haven't had gear lust like that in a while and starting today there will be several staring at me from inside the SWE reel case...

piemma
03-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Pete, around $500?

bassballer
03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
That Tranx has my mouth watering as well.

Pete_G
03-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Pete, around $500?

Yeah, not inexpensive by any means. The SWE's batch just arrived as I'm typing, going down to play with them now...

Soundbounder
03-12-2012, 03:03 PM
100's of photos of the show posted here:

RISAA Album (http://www.risaa.org/photo/index.php?spgmGal=2012_NESaltwaterFishingShow&spgmFilters=)

Soundbounder
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Meanwhile, the Pabst Blue Ribbon girls looked like they were around 14

tlapinski
03-13-2012, 09:38 AM

We (The Fisherman Magazine) were there at booth # 904, one row to the right as you entered the show, 3rd booth down the row on right. I could see the door from behind the table. If you need to renew, call us in the office and we'll take care of you. 860-572-0564