View Full Version : Wet suiting and foot wear?

tattoobob
03-15-2012, 04:31 PM
I wear wool socks, Neoprene socks and wading boots, the question I have is the Neoprene socks fill with water is the supposed to happen if not what do you guys suggest I buy to stop this? I would rather not have water in my socks all night

FinS 32
03-15-2012, 04:52 PM
most neoprene socks do fill up, its how they keep you warm, just like a wetsuit. Now that said there are a few socks out there I believe NRS makes that are water proof and sealed at the opening of the sock. they seem to be the only ones i know of that keep you dry, but most others are made to take in water

FinS 32
03-15-2012, 05:01 PM
yep i just checked, NRS seal skin and hyrdo cuff lines are water proof. I have no experience with these, as i use the NRS wet socks. They keep me plenty warm

Pete F.
03-15-2012, 05:14 PM
I wear boots and neoprene socks. The socks get water in them. If the water is warm they get kinda stagnant.

bloocrab
03-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Bob, lose the wool socks and move up a size on your boots.
In wearing a wetsuit, I'm not sure there's ANY way you can keep water out. (dry-suit yes), but in a wetsuit, water will find a way, its supposed to...and unless you literally strangle your ankles, which even then, I still think you'll get you toes wet. With a tighter fit, as in a tighter boot, you won't get that sloshy feeling in your boot...

hope this helps

tattoobob
03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys

GattaFish
03-15-2012, 10:15 PM
TB,,, I am experimenting with some new shoes this year. Will tell you all about it at Mass Bass
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tattoobob
03-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks Tom I'm counting the days, you better bring me a chair because we have alot to talk about.

Clogston29
03-17-2012, 07:46 AM
I like the korkers sneakers type. Ditch the wool socks and get some good fitting wet socks in 3 and 5 mm.

Green Light
03-17-2012, 10:19 PM
I use the Cabelas neoprene socks. No issues.

toaster816
03-17-2012, 10:28 PM
I like the korkers sneakers type. Ditch the wool socks and get some good fitting wet socks in 3 and 5 mm.

Exactly what I use. Lightweight. I have aqualung 3 and 5mm socks. I found the aqualungs are cut more comfortably than most wet socks, no bunching and they are nice and toasty. On the cold nights some urine helps speed the warming process. Make sure they fit tight.

tlapinski
03-18-2012, 08:03 AM
I go with neoprene socks and korker Torrents. I have 2mm and 3mm socks and interchange them as needed and have fished into late November like this without any issues.

Kierran
03-19-2012, 06:24 AM
I go with neoprene socks and korker Torrents. I have 2mm and 3mm socks and interchange them as needed and have fished into late November like this without any issues.

The Torrents look ideal for wetsuiting, but I am wondering if the interchangable soles have popped out on anyone in the field?

JohnnySaxatilis
03-19-2012, 06:36 AM
i remember chefchris tellin me the soles popped out of his a lot if my memory serves me

toaster816
03-19-2012, 07:28 AM
They don't fall off of the shoe the sides of the toe section just comes unbuttoned. It stays in because the area that snaps into the front toe section is pretty secure. I don't even bother popping the areas where it comes out and fish all season with them like that. I know chef despises them though. He made some nice boots with he wear bars like most of the dudes here do. I just like the torrents because they are so light and don't feel like bricks when im swimming. Different strokes for different folks.

Clogston29
03-19-2012, 08:51 AM
i've had the felt (on the studdend felt) come off on the torrents. Made for a bad night. They were pretty old and beat up though, I should have changed them well before they failed.