View Full Version : ?????????????

Clammer
03-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Am I missing something ??????????????????????????????????????????????//

A new Striper Big Money tourament starting this year ..out of BI ..... Fish must be 30# or over & limited to one fish a day ...:smash:

I guess everything I,ve read & seen with my own eyes & have felt in my personal experience is a SAD dream .:confused:

ADD the OTW tourment & even the MV .. were I read the results .... wouldn,t even had to fish to put in the BI turnament ;;:wall::wall:

Praise the Lord that we still have Freshwater ..today anyway :buds:

FinS 32
03-18-2012, 04:01 PM
that sounds rediculous. Just advertising the killing of breeders alone not even doing it is bad enough, but now you re just gonna get a bunch of ppl head out to Block, and big fish hunt.

Raven
03-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Amen to that Clammer

GattaFish
03-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Has it been approved????

joe the plumber
03-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Has it been approved????

Yes....Its supposed to go for a month between sometime in June thru July. Im not certain of the exact dates.The tourney is sponserd by Pabst Blue Ribbon.

b-ware
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Has it been approved????

Question; Who has to approve tournaments??????

Stewie
03-18-2012, 05:26 PM
So, We don't buy Pabst beer. Let's add all of our names to this thread and when it's really long, we'll send a link to Pabst's advertising people. Just copy " Due to your big striped bass kill them all tournament, I won't be buying or drinking any Pabst beer this Summer" and sign it.

Stewie
03-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Due to your big striped bass kill them all tournament, I won't be buying or drinking any Pabst beer this Summer. Stew Robinson

afterhours
03-18-2012, 05:30 PM
what a great time for a big $$ cow killing tourney $%%$#$$ :smash:

eff pabst and the horse they rode in on.

Rob Rockcrawler
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Well i drink 2 kinds of beer, PBR and Gansett, looks like i will be favoring Gansett now. I have horrible taste in beer i know.

GattaFish
03-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Question; Who has to approve tournaments??????

On Block Island,,, everything needs to be approved... by who.. not sure but I would say town council, tourism board and god only knows who else....

GattaFish
03-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Yes....Its supposed to go for a month between sometime in June thru July. Im not certain of the exact dates.The tourney is sponserd by Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I know they are promoting it,,, but has the thing made it through the politics of Block Island as being allowed to take place,,,,??

joe the plumber
03-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Tommy,
Just read the latest on the BI Times online.On March 6 reps from PBR appeared before the BI Tourism Council.The proposed tourny dates are set June 1-July 7.Only fish 35lbs or over qualify.They claim this will prevent over fishing and is the best course to Bass conservation.The article went on with a quote from a BI Tourism Commitee member saying this would provide a economic boost to the island during the proposed time period.No word on a vote.

joe the plumber
03-18-2012, 06:55 PM
I bet it passes....

tlapinski
03-18-2012, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=joe the plumber;927914]....The article went on with a quote from a BI Tourism Commitee member saying this would provide a economic boost to the island during the proposed time period....QUOTE]

Wait, what? Who in the BI tourism board thinks they actually need a boost during the summer? Isn't that pretty much their golden time already?

GattaFish
03-18-2012, 07:08 PM
I bet it passes....

Agree.....

Tlap... June is notoriously a slower month especially the first 2-3 weeks..

JohnR
03-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Surprised, but not really. I do think it is getting too far.

joebaggs99
03-18-2012, 07:22 PM
I know there is alot of debate about a kill tourny. It will promote more business towards the island if the tourny becomes bigger. Even if one extra person comes to the island for the tourny its a plus for the island. Look at it like this the annual stripper cup is the same way. I know this is "our" beloved BI. Many of you on this site camp out there for weeks on end. Looking forward to see you guys shortly. My only concern with this tourny are the rules and the month long saga. I week would be perfect. I'm not choosing sides on this. I'm just saying there are 2 sides.

tattoobob
03-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Am I missing something ??????????????????????????????????????????????//

A new Striper Big Money tourament starting this year ..out of BI ..... Fish must be 30# or over & limited to one fish a day ...:smash:

I guess everything I,ve read & seen with my own eyes & have felt in my personal experience is a SAD dream .:confused:

ADD the OTW tourment & even the MV .. were I read the results .... wouldn,t even had to fish to put in the BI turnament ;;:wall::wall:

Praise the Lord that we still have Freshwater ..today anyway :buds:

No one care about the fish they only care that it's going to put money in peoples pocket

piemma
03-19-2012, 02:15 AM
A BOOST TO TOURISM!!!
Give me a break. The average house on BI is well over $1M. They have more property tax dollars paid than any other community in RI. They need more tourism like I need hemorrhoids.

timmah
03-19-2012, 10:38 AM
A BOOST TO TOURISM!!!
Give me a break. The average house on BI is well over $1M. They have more property tax dollars paid than any other community in RI. They need more tourism like I need hemorrhoids.

And the boats will be stacked 10 deep in old harbor so no one will be able to get out to fish.

When you have to sit on the floor on the ferry, tourism is pretty healthy.

Raven
03-19-2012, 11:44 AM
a video of PBR being emptied into the ocean should be on the news

Rockport24
03-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Agreed that this makes no sense... another reason why the rec limits need to be drastically changed, not that they would necessarily stop these types of tourneys, but the right ones could have some impact

PRBuzz
03-19-2012, 12:35 PM

You would probably get arrested by the EPO for pouring a dangerous substance into the ocean (gross pollution) and they would have to call Clean Harbors!:rotf2:

Mike P
03-19-2012, 12:44 PM

That, and putting out a campfire, are about the only good uses for that swill anyway. :yak6:

ThrowingTimber
03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm hunting down a place on BI for the first week in August and apparently August does not need anymore economic stimulus!! :rotf2:

As long as it is not a gamefish, whether "recs" or "comms" kill the fish is a moot point. Bottom line the fish is dead.

I cannot ack' pabst as a beer. Its like an o'dools

Red is for sarcasm:

I'm personally Killing EVERYTHING this year, fish, squirrels, turtles, frogs, deer, cows, pigs everything :)

timmah
03-19-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm hunting down a place on BI for the first week in August and apparently August does not need anymore economic stimulus!! :rotf2:

As long as it is not a gamefish, whether "recs" or "comms" kill the fish is a moot point. Bottom line the fish is dead.

I cannot ack' pabst as a beer. Its like an o'dools

Red is for sarcasm:

I'm personally Killing EVERYTHING this year, fish, squirrels, turtles, frogs, deer, cows, pigs everything :)

It just gonna cost you 10x more to kill em' on or near Block.

Is this a de ja vu thread?

joe the plumber
03-20-2012, 05:23 AM
I believe the most effective way for Striped Bass.Com anglers to voice thier displeasure with this tournament is to write a letter to the BI Tourism Council,not boycott PBR.Allthough none of us are prepared to boycott the island a letter from us might shed a different light on this matter.A letter to the Nature Conservancy would probably not hurt either.....

scottw
03-20-2012, 06:37 AM
instead of pages of PBR bashing, this might be a great opportunity to test the considerable membership, experience and influence of the S-B community....identifying at PBR whoever may be making the decisions and approaching them with a reasonable, well thought out concern for the nature of the tournament and, I'd suggest, the possibility that they might gain much more by taking a different approach than simply running a big fish only kill tourney, I wonder if they could be convinced that it might be more in their interest from a PR standpoint to run a "green" tournament where the major prizes are awarded through a charity based raffle and the top anglers are celebrated for their prowess as well as conservation....anyone can run a kill tourney where the $$$ is on the heads of the biggest fish and invite lots of controversy...just thinking out loud,but proposed in that manner as an opportunity rather than simply attacking the company(the tournament organizers there may not have any info regarding bass stocks, might not even fish.. and are simply looking for a promotion).....energies focused in that direction, if successful, might help set a nice precedent over the long run too:)

couple more thoughts...the purpose of the tourney is PR...every company wants to be viewed as caring about the community and being environmentally concious...they are using the pristine venue of BI as the backdrop for this tourney....this is a bit over the top...but from a PR standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to be seen as the company that is promoting a responsible tournament that respects the venue rather than the comapny that places a target on the heads of the egg laying females of a species that many view as being in deep trouble?...bet they(PBR) never thought of it that way?

The Dad Fisherman
03-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Boy...you guys are a going to be a thirsty bunch....if you're going to boycott PBR for sponsoring this tournament don't forget to boycott:

Anheuser-Busch...they are sponsoring the Striper Cup

Narragansett, Harpoon, Boston Beer Company....oh and Pabst too...they sponsor the Martha's Vineyard Derby....and no coffee either...Keurig is a sponsor as well

and lets not even go down the road of all the Tackle/Gear manufacturers that sponsor these tournaments....everybody going to boycott them as well

Boycotting Pabst is like giving up liver for lent :huh:

Scottw has the right idea...get organized and present alternatives.

All the Block Island Tourism Committee sees is the opportunity to turn this into their version of the MV Derby...and look at the money that generates for the MV locals during that tourney...its a no-brainer for them. They need to know that their are other alternatives to a tournament that will bring in the same revenue to the island

Joe
03-20-2012, 07:22 AM
http://images.gofishn.com/media_files/135483/bigstriper.jpg
I can tell ya how this will go: Peter Vican will win. Then there will be a big party at Ballards. Later, we'll hear rumors that several participants were violated by a flamboyant Ukrainian bartender after drinking rohypnol-tainted PBR.

big jay
03-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Is there a link anywhere to the actual tournament rules and regulations?

GattaFish
03-20-2012, 07:38 AM
its a shore tournament..... right,,,???

The Dad Fisherman
03-20-2012, 07:41 AM
its a shore tournament..... right,,,???

Both

http://boatinglocal.com/fishing/pabst-to-sponsor-blocks-island-tourney.html

Block Island Times: The beer company PBR [Pabst Blue Ribbon] sent representatives to a Tourism Council meeting Tuesday, March 6, to talk about a new fishing tournament the company is planning to sponsor on the island this year.

The 2012 Block Island Striped Bass Tournament will run from June 1 to July 7, said PBR’s Rob Reilly, and offer $25,000 in prize money, with separate categories for largest fish and on-shore fishermen. The tourney will cover state waters and the principal weigh-in station will be on Block Island. Entry will be $30. Organizers envision it as an annual event.

“We want this to be a community event,” said Reilly. “Hopefully for years to come this will be something you can take pride in.”

Joe
03-20-2012, 07:46 AM
I think I might register for the shore category under the name "Frank Booth," and wear my "well-dressed fisherman" disguise.

Blue Velvet Pabst Blue Ribbon - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snhiofL2Rh4)

Sea Dangles
03-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Intense flick,Hoppers shining moment.

Swimmer
03-20-2012, 08:24 AM
I am amazed one person here, Rob Rockcrawler, admitted to even drinking that weasel piss. They sponsered the OTW tourney one year didn't they? They served warm beer at the awards ceremony, no? The beer turns your insides green.

tysdad115
03-20-2012, 08:36 AM
PBR contact page, no phone number given but I'm sure it can be found. I sent an email asking if they were aware of the current situation in Striper stocks, explained the negative effects of killing large fish...but I'm not that bright, perhaps someone can do better.
PBR (http://www.pabstblueribbon.com/Contact.aspx)

The Dad Fisherman
03-20-2012, 08:51 AM
I've pounded a few PBR Pounders in my day as well :hee:

JohnnySaxatilis
03-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Boy...you guys are a going to be a thirsty bunch....if you're going to boycott PBR for sponsoring this tournament don't forget to boycott:

Anheuser-Busch...they are sponsoring the Striper Cup

Narragansett, Harpoon, Boston Beer Company....oh and Pabst too...they sponsor the Martha's Vineyard Derby....and no coffee either...Keurig is a sponsor as well

and lets not even go down the road of all the Tackle/Gear manufacturers that sponsor these tournaments....everybody going to boycott them as well

Boycotting Pabst is like giving up liver for lent :huh:

Scottw has the right idea...get organized and present alternatives.

All the Block Island Tourism Committee sees is the opportunity to turn this into their version of the MV Derby...and look at the money that generates for the MV locals during that tourney...its a no-brainer for them. They need to know that their are other alternatives to a tournament that will bring in the same revenue to the island

well said dad. by the way, I'd take an ice cold PBR any day, stop bashing the perfect drinking game beer. I sense a lot of beercism going on here lol
So what are some of the alternatives, besides a C&R tourney? And im just curious why is there more draw associated with kill tourneys? Is it just easier to manage or what?

The Dad Fisherman
03-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Is it just easier to manage or what?

Yep....C&R means you have to take somebody's word for it....when there's cash involved, it brings out the worst in people.

as far as options...why not a Kids tournament....maybe award prizes for the number of kids you put on fish....need to take date stamped pics as proof. Points awarded to that angler based on a "per kid that catches a fish" basis. But then the beer companies can't get there advertisement dollars in it.

Maybe the tourney includes a "Per Veteran" category, a "Per Woman", a "Per Senior Citizen" category.

Prize money gets awarded to charities that match up to the categories.

"Make A Wish Foundation" for Youth
"Wounded Warrior" for Veterans
"Susan Komen Foundation" for Women
"Alzheimers Foundation" for Senior Citizens

Maybe get people to do something for someone else other than themselves.

Just some thoughts.....

Joe
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
The Block Island businesses have about 12 good weeks to make enough money for the year. The revenues from the "shoulder season" of May and Sept/October - while heavily promoted, are very small in comparison. After that it drops off to nothing. They're not giving away money when their own economic survival is tenuous at best.

Liv2Fish
03-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Personally, I don't drink when I fish. I've posted evidence of why in the past. When I do drink, I don't drink PBR for sure. I probably excrete PBR after I drink what I drink. No Offense to those who like it.....

If PBR or any other brewer wants to sponsor an event that would bring beer drinking patrons to the island, why not put up the same money for a serious volleyball tourney and maybe a bikini contest every weekend, culminating in a final match for both on the last day. Make it a trophy event where the winner takes it home for the year and has to defend the BI title next year.

They would draw more people, sell more beer and food, and not offend the patrons that populate the island in the spring and fall off seasons.

For $25K in prize money, surely they can come up with a more profitable promotion than killing breeding age fish from a crippled species.

I would think BI values the economy created by the surf guys that make the trips every year and wouldn't want to upset the off season business that we bring.

How would negative publicity affect their decision? Other than emailing PBR, what can we do?

Joe
03-21-2012, 07:51 AM
The fishing tournament takes place mostly at sea, so the islanders are a lot less likely to shoot that down - because it's not on the island.
A bikini contest takes place on the island. For a place where drinking to excess is almost out of hand, it is not a good idea because it fuels the fire. The police presence is small and they'd be vehemently against it.
Also, it runs counter to the veneer the island tourism people have constructed which depicts the island as a quiet, eco-tourism destination. It's really a heavy drinking destination, but that does not look too good in tourism literature.

Fly Rod
03-21-2012, 07:57 AM
Tommy,
Just read the latest on the BI Times online.On March 6 reps from PBR appeared before the BI Tourism Council.The proposed tourny dates are set June 1-July 7.Only fish 35lbs or over qualify.They claim this will prevent over fishing and is the best course to Bass conservation.The article went on with a quote from a BI Tourism Commitee member saying this would provide a economic boost to the island during the proposed time period.No word on a vote.

When it is not about MONEY,....it's all about MONEY. :) :)

Clogston29
03-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Tough to blame PBR for having a tournament, when ASMFC says everything is OK with striper stocks. They're a beer company, not biologists, and are sponsoring a tournament that operates within current rules; no different than Striper Cup, MV derby or any other tournament. The blame here should go in ASMFC's direction. Each individual can obviously make up their own mind as to whether to enter or support this or any other tournament, but if you want to complain or take action, a beer company doesn't really seam like the right direction to me.

joe the plumber
03-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Ok...Here goes.I have been posting on this site for about 4 years now.While I don't post much I listen.....(read).I'm lazy,I don't allways like to comment on all posts,although I wish I had the time,especially this thread.So here comes my crazy request.....JOHN.Can you install a "LIKE"or "DISLIKE" button (yes,like FB) for all future threads???

joe the plumber
03-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Sorry....I mean comments on threads.

snake slinger
03-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Tough to blame PBR for having a tournament, when ASMFC says everything is OK with striper stocks. They're a beer company, not biologists, and are sponsoring a tournament that operates within current rules; no different than Striper Cup, MV derby or any other tournament. The blame here should go in ASMFC's direction. Each individual can obviously make up their own mind as to whether to enter or support this or any other tournament, but if you want to complain or take action, a beer company doesn't really seam like the right direction to me.

well said!

Joe
03-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Good point. I suspect the complaint box at PBR has been overflowing for quite some time.

Raven
03-22-2012, 06:38 AM
So here comes my crazy request
.....JOHN.Can you install a "LIKE"or "DISLIKE" button (yes,like FB) for all future threads???

Job applicants are being asked for there facebook password before they are even being Hired
....so the employer can read up on their prospective applicant.

maybe the google + 1 would be a better
idea .... so that others who are in agreement can click away

buckman
03-22-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm thinking most of these guys would be fishing anyway and these events are always a good time. Am I the only one here that takes a 35# striper home to eat?? Do the rest of you guys release a #50 if you catch it?

Uncle Rob
03-22-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry, but for the lower dumb un-informed what are you talking about ??????

The Dad Fisherman
03-22-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm thinking most of these guys would be fishing anyway and these events are always a good time. Am I the only one here that takes a 35# striper home to eat?? Do the rest of you guys release a #50 if you catch it?

I've said this before...If I catch a 50 I'm taking it home and Mounting it...then I'm taking it to the Taxidermist

Joe
03-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Thirty pound+ fish taste like crap. If you poke around their body cavity, by their internal organs, you'll see thumb-nail sized parasites that look like something from outer space.

joe the plumber
03-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Thirty pound+ fish taste like crap. If you poke around their body cavity, by their internal organs, you'll see thumb-nail sized parasites that look like something from outer space.

I could not agree more.How I wish we could eat them in the 18-24 inch range.....

Sea Dangles
03-23-2012, 06:18 AM
Another myth,they don't really taste any different than 20 pound fish. Go to a place that knows how to cook it and I think you will agree.When restaurants buy the fish they want the larger size because the yield is more cost effective. I have heard the littles are tasty though.

likwid
03-23-2012, 06:41 AM
The Block Island businesses have about 12 good weeks to make enough money for the year. The revenues from the "shoulder season" of May and Sept/October - while heavily promoted, are very small in comparison. After that it drops off to nothing. They're not giving away money when their own economic survival is tenuous at best.

You seem to forget Block Island Race Week which brings some massive amounts of money over.

RIROCKHOUND
03-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Another myth,they don't really taste any different than 20 pound fish. Go to a place that knows how to cook it and I think you will agree.When restaurants buy the fish they want the larger size because the yield is more cost effective. I have heard the littles are tasty though.

God I hate to agree with Chris....

A bled, cared for bigger fish to me tastes as good as a 12lb rat.

Most bigger fish aren't bled/gutted immediately b/c people want to get an accurate weight....

Clammer
03-23-2012, 08:56 AM
OK , Back-in-the-day

When commercial fishing was a free for all

the large dealers // the ones that shipped paid by size

16" to 6 # were select .top money

6#+ to 15# Mediums

15#+ & over large

many small dealers wouldn,t even take anything over 10#

depending on when & where selects where worth anywhere between . 4 to 8 X,s large .

Even last year I saw that one dealer started putting around the 34" ,35" in different boxes than the large ><><><

BostonFisher
03-23-2012, 03:00 PM
I don't always drink beer, but when I do I prefer it not be PBR

agsurfr
03-23-2012, 03:42 PM
THe MV Derby was originally conceived to boost tourism. Of course that event clearly occurs during the shoulder season, mid Sept to mid Oct. The thing about these Island economies is that those folks need to make the majority of their income in what amounts to about 3 months time.

This is a very unfortunate event to be starting now, at this time when most of us feel our beloved striped bass is experiencing enormous pressure from many sources.

Boycott the tourney and boycott PBR

What a bummer...Remember to treat those fish gently when you release them

What a bunch of nitwits

fishysob
03-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Kill tournements suck! What happened to fishing for fun,relaxation ,and just the love of it? Killing fish for prize money and recognition does not justify it. We will all learn the hard way when we go back to the way striper fishing was in the eighties. Everybody in the early eighties thought killing big fish was no big deal too until there were none to catch. I believe a great man once said "those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it" or something to that effect. Screw these tourneys!

Raven
03-24-2012, 06:13 AM
and will even sit up for their favorite BEER

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c66/ravenob1/sealsloveit.gif

eelslime
03-25-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't get everyone's issue with the striped bass. The stock is well over the SSB target, and well over the SSB threshold.
-- The stock is not going to go back to the stock of the 80's.
-- The stock of the 80's was not overfished. The problems arose from anthropogenic effects where they spawned. The water quality did not let the eggs hatch.
-- The issue now is not a matter of fish, it is a matter of bait. There is not enough bait for the fish to eat.

Liv2Fish
03-25-2012, 02:30 PM
-- The issue now is not a matter of fish, it is a matter of bait. There is not enough bait for the fish to eat.[/QUOTE]

That's why "Acme" bait gets boycotted too.....

zimmy
03-25-2012, 02:51 PM
-- The stock of the 80's was not overfished.

You are right, the stock was not over fished in the 1980's during the moratorium years, back when there almost wasn't a stock. In the years prior to that, though... different story.

ivanputski
03-25-2012, 03:27 PM
It's one thing to boycott PBR... it's another thing to LET THEM KNOW IT... I'm sure they may eventually see it in their quarterly sales reports, but even then they wont know decreased sales were a result of their stupid tourny... Shoot them an email. (I would, But I havent had a beer of any brand since 1992)

eelslime
03-25-2012, 04:09 PM
No it was not overfished prior, the fish could not spawn prior. Narragansett sponsered the striper cup why don't you boycott them?? how about Budweiser????

You want more striped bass, bring back the bait. Protect menhaden, herring, mackerel, etc..

Its a tournament that will help an island bring in much needed money. Since the economy took a turn for the worse, they have lost many tourist. The tournament is much needed, also with the 35lb min they will not be killing tons of fish. If its a weeklong tournament many boats are not going to weigh a fish unless its over 40lbs. Its not going to be the kill all everyone thinks. Also its a tournament catching a fish which is well over the target threshold. Thus it is a tournament which will be fishing a sustainable fish. A fish which is not of concern at the moment!!

buckman
03-26-2012, 11:11 AM
No it was not overfished prior, the fish could not spawn prior. Narragansett sponsered the striper cup why don't you boycott them?? how about Budweiser????

You want more striped bass, bring back the bait. Protect menhaden, herring, mackerel, etc..

Its a tournament that will help an island bring in much needed money. Since the economy took a turn for the worse, they have lost many tourist. The tournament is much needed, also with the 35lb min they will not be killing tons of fish. If its a weeklong tournament many boats are not going to weigh a fish unless its over 40lbs. Its not going to be the kill all everyone thinks. Also its a tournament catching a fish which is well over the target threshold. Thus it is a tournament which will be fishing a sustainable fish. A fish which is not of concern at the moment!!

X2 on everything you have said. The bait is offshore and we see thousands and thousands of stripers out there. I'm not saying inshore fishing hasn't suffered but the bass don't seem to care. We used to kill the fish in the rips off Nantucket in the 80s...you can't fish there now, but trust me..if you could you wouldn't be complaining about a lack of big fish.
I also wouldn't be boycotting anyone unless I held myself to a "release every striper I catch" standard.

fishbones
03-26-2012, 11:39 AM
This is pretty funny. PBR should be boycotted because it sponsors this kill tournament? As someone else mentioned, the PBR marketing people probably aren't in tune with what's going on with the striper stocks. They probably see it as a way to get their name out there to a new audience.

How come there isn't a big hew and cry to boycott Budweiser, Toyota, Lowrance, Quantum, Hydra Sports, Sebile, Yamaha, West Marine and Spider Wire? They are all sponsors of a much bigger kill tournament than PBR. I guess it's easy to say boycott a crappy beer but not so much for other products that you may already use.

Bunch of hypocrites chiming in here.

eelslime
03-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Maybe they should go to chatham and see the amount of stripers about 1.5nm offshore. Guess surf guys can't cast to them....

scottw
03-27-2012, 05:27 AM
I imagine the PBR Big Wigs will be devastated to hear that people who hate and don't drink their beer will be boycotting it in the future and also won't participate in the tourney while not drinking their beer, which was probably going to be the case anyway....and so it goes....