limewire dead...october 2011

must have spent 500.00 on music with itunes since then

wondering what you guys are using as an alternative to limewire

looking to see what others are using for a free download website that is SAFE

thanks

jim

bassballer
03-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Im hoping someones going to chime in on this. I havent put music on my ipod since the fall of limewire.

ProfessorM
03-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Good luck for free stuff. Lending is a good way and your local library is a
good spot too.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

fish4striper
03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
I don't store alot of music as I use Sirius but my friend does. Like Paul said, he orders cds from library, rips them, and stores on his hard drive. Granted it's not online but with the library networks i'ts easy to get delivered to your local library.

johnny ducketts
03-21-2012, 11:08 AM
i heard spotify is good, although I don't know if you can download from them.

zacs
03-21-2012, 12:08 PM
you can't dl from spotify.
there must be a new limewire type deal... where are the youngsters?! they'll know the answer...

Pete_G
03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Extremely remote chance of a lawsuit from the RIAA and moral obligations aside, BitTorrent will generally do the trick.

Just need a bt client and Google and away you go...

For example, if you were to search "bittorrent, pink floyd, discography" you could download everything they ever produced in one shot, complete with album covers.

You should be warned though; it's wild, virus ridden, malware having, pop-up featuring, sometimes fake link and/or file world out there, you might want to make sure your anti-virus is up to date.

But more often then not what you are looking for is out there even if it's a fairly uncommon artist.

Mostly I use it to download UK Top Gear episodes that take a year or two to be broadcast over here but you can certainly get most music you might want as well.