View Full Version : INSANE NIGHT LM FISHING

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Went out with Cohen last night and had the best night time LM Bass bite we ever had. EVERY cast for 3 hours we had a fish or an explosion. We also had multiple double ups. All topwater. We stopped counting after 15 minutes. The Peepers were screaming, the Bull Frogs were growling, Muskrats v-waking, Bat's swooping our rod tips as big deer crashed through the woods. Everything was alive last night. Only a couple of pickeral. The pickeral I caught was about 2 feet long easy and as it was 4 feet from me something exploded on it viciously. Whatever had it was big and had half of the fish in it's mouth and left some nice bite marks(Pike or Musky). After about 3 hours we decided to leave some fish for tonight (we were beat) and left the insane bite. The fish were coming into a smaller pond from a big body of water to spawn. There were so many fish aggressively competing for their spawning grounds. Best night either of of us ever had LM fishing. Figured I'd share.

The Dad Fisherman
03-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Nice...:kewl:

I never think of doing the night time thing this early in the season.

fishbones
03-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Wow, sounds like a great time. Nice fish you guys got in the pic! Were there any mosquitos out last night? We had them around my house.

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Everything but skeeters
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115
03-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Nice!

the point
03-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Goodtimes!! The Sweetwater has been treating me good also. Just waiting on my Striped Friends. I'm sure theres some around, I'll head out on morning this week.

WESTPORTMAFIA
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Goodtimes!! The Sweetwater has been treating me good also. Just waiting on my Striped Friends. I'm sure theres some around, I'll head out on morning this week.

Weren't you waking up early to go look or striped ones and get a line wet? What happened?:smash:

Sea Dangles
03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
I went to a river yesterday and saw some of the supa LM's with a bunch of herring pinned to the inflow.They wouldn't touch any lures but other areas were great for 1 and 2 pounders.Today the herring were gone but the slammers were there, and hungry. Wow!!!!

the point
03-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Weren't you waking up early to go look or striped ones and get a line wet? What happened?:smash:

Kids happened..lol..But tomorrow morning is looking promising.

fishsmith
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
NICE!!

Jackbass
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Went out with Cohen last night and had the best night time LM Bass bite we ever had. EVERY cast for 3 hours we had a fish or an explosion. We also had multiple double ups. All topwater. We stopped counting after 15 minutes. The Peepers were screaming, the Bull Frogs were growling, Muskrats v-waking, Bat's swooping our rod tips as big deer crashed through the woods. Everything was alive last night. Only a couple of pickeral. The pickeral I caught was about 2 feet long easy and as it was 4 feet from me something exploded on it viciously. Whatever had it was big and had half of the fish in it's mouth and left some nice bite marks(Pike or Musky). After about 3 hours we decided to leave some fish for tonight (we were beat) and left the insane bite. The fish were coming into a smaller pond from a big body of water to spawn. There were so many fish aggressively competing for their spawning grounds. Best night either of of us ever had LM fishing. Figured I'd share.

Sweet sounds like a good time once they settle down and are in their beds use salamanders the rubber ones. And work them slow over the beds. The female bass will pick them up to move them off the beds. You just have to pay attention for the pick up. That's another good way to catch on almost every cast
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

5/0
03-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Nice PIC Jay good to see you out haunting early in the year.Did Cohen take any pics to show?

Man you gu's had a nice night:fishin:just spray them legs up with off to keep them deer ticks off!

niko
03-21-2012, 03:26 PM
looking good jay

JohnnySaxatilis
03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
niceee dood!

ANY LUCK?
03-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Rockin. I caught 14 myself down the cape, but they were all lil guys.

Zeno
03-23-2012, 08:26 PM
sweet