View Full Version : Spring Prep - What are your forgetting / have left to do?

JohnR
03-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Me, just about everything!!!!

I think after Tax Time :smash: I will get to do everything I need and get my gear ready.

What do you need to do still?

fishbones
03-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Replace hooks on some plugs, tie a few more leaders and send reel in for service. Other than that, it's mostly just getting my stuff organized and ready to go.

PRBuzz
03-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Taxes!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I got some rod holders, Rudder, Turbo Fins, and Fish Finder to install on the Yak.

I got some plugs to finish.

and then I might be ready......

Matt D
03-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Bag a couple of 20# Toms. Then it's time to think about fishing.

Oh yeah, that tax thing too. Got em' all ready to send in but since I've gotta attach a check, they're not going out til April 17th.

tysdad115
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Not much, all yard projects are done ,thanks to the beautiful weather. Reels are serviced and spooled, hooks changed,leaders tied..just need a few small white spooks and thats all.

Swimmer
03-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Spooks?

tysdad115
03-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes , pearl or bone spooks ..I like to fish them in spring but seem to be having a difficult time finding them.

lamigsb1
03-22-2012, 03:36 PM
I have a couple dozen hooks to replace, still need to find boots for the new wetsuit. I've been thinking about replacing the guides on my 1205. give the car a spring tuneup. think thats about it.

tattoobob
03-22-2012, 05:37 PM
I have to do everything, took the gear out of the truck after BI last November and threw it in the Basement and it has been sitting there ever sense, all my yard work needs to be done and so on

Pete F.
03-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Is'nt it like MARCH???
The friggin grass is growing here, There is no way this is going to last. We are probably a month ahead, I jumped a woodcock in the woods, nightcrawlers on lawns. I'm gonna have to move north further.

Joe
03-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Check your wading belt to see if it shrank over the winter and readjust if necessary. That's not something you want to do in the dark your first night of the year with your head surrounded by mosquitoes.

Take the bulb out of your flashlight/head lamp and see if there's any evidence of carbon, indicative of impending bulb failure.

Put your Korkers on and stamp on the cement, and see how many studs break. You don't want to find out six feet up on a steep nasty rock that you're down to 50% coverage.

Pete F.
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
My belt shrank and my scale is also wildly inaccurate, good thing I checked.

afterhours
03-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Yes , pearl or bone spooks ..I like to fish them in spring but seem to be having a difficult time finding them.

look harder andy :)

Rappin Mikey
03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm good to go for my Spring fishing. Started catching yesterday. Just have to get a fishfinder for the kayak for June. I've been doing fine without it for years. (The fish are always in one of two places where I go). I guess I just am getting lazy and want to fit in with the techy cool kids.

Rob Rockcrawler
03-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Im going to actually pre-tie leaders this year, i always tie on the fly. I need to pull out the mess-o-plugs and change a bunch of hooks and tie a few bucktails. The biggest project i am tackling is putting my boat back in the water and fixing her up for sale. It sucks living on a lake with good fishing and having a boat that hasnt seen water in 5 years cuz im hopelessly addicted to the salt.

ProfessorM
03-22-2012, 07:46 PM
like every year I will run around like a chicken with my head cut off and get stuff, boats, ready the day before I go probably. Guess I enjoy panic, stress and despair. I am hopelessly discombobulated and too old to change my ways now.

Piscator
03-22-2012, 08:27 PM
like every year I will run around like a chicken with my head cut off and get stuff, boats, ready the day before I go probably. Guess I enjoy panic, stress and despair. I am hopelessly discombobulated and too old to change my ways now.

I feel the same way.......................

Raven
03-22-2012, 09:27 PM
have to repair my PFD as "shredder" dog chewed the straps
if not for my wife...... it
would be a stuffed dog in a glass case -lol

ivanputski
03-22-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm in the same boat as tattoo bob... My gear is in the garage in a big mess... But it's not due to laziness... I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old that have been keeping me plenty busy...

If my wetsuit shrank, I'll run til it fits.

GattaFish
03-23-2012, 01:05 AM
I have to do everything, took the gear out of the truck after BI last November and threw it in the Basement and it has been sitting there ever sense, all my yard work needs to be done and so on

At least yours made it to the basement... mine is all still in the buggy,,,

HESH2
03-23-2012, 07:57 AM
got all my spring stuff ready,been out one time for skunk.weather has been super crazy and there are fish around.

zimmy
03-23-2012, 08:23 AM
short on rigged sluggos. still need to change out hooks.

Stewie
03-23-2012, 08:33 AM
I just need to get my license(s)

Rockfish9
03-23-2012, 08:39 AM
I go through the reels and rods at the end of each season.. so that's all set...

I thatched and fertilized the lawn last week.. it's all set.. the lawnmower now replaces the snowblower.. which has the fuel stabilized and engine fogged for the summer..if it snows.. it stays where it lays..

I need to find my salmon spoons and cod jigs.. they are burried under mounds a soft tackle boxes in the basement...this may be my biggest task.

I need to turn a few spooks... I'ts quicker than finding the ones I have..

Pull the cover off the boat, and paint the bottom.. If I get ambitious I might replace the cover to the anchor locker.. the broken leg it saves may be my own.

I need to finish my Koi pond i started last week, plant the boarder flowers.. and plant the garden then I'm home free..

JohnnySaxatilis
03-23-2012, 08:50 AM
change some line on the reels, and make some finger blood sacrafices to the fishing shrine downstairs, just ran out of 3/0's :fury: Figure out where the hell my dad put that Rod rack and if its even compatible with my little POS car. BTW its fishing season, poor thing thing already stinks like sweaty ball sack waders and pond scum

fid
03-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Hmm.. lots to list.

Generally... finish painting, clear coating - and make more plugs and plastic, making rigs, organize my gear (after 3 years, having things piled up in my office area just doesn't cut it anymore), and finally getting my new to me little whaler set up. whew!

tysdad115
03-23-2012, 08:59 AM
look harder andy :)

Ordered Don ! Thank you

new jack
03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Just got around to cleaning all the gear out if my jeep from last season. So now I got a lot of hook changing to do. Finish up plugs that I turned last winter ( as I made none this winter) and pick all the braid out of the gears on my canal buggy.