View Full Version : Lawmakers shelve ban on striped bass

macojoe
03-23-2012, 06:37 AM
Lawmakers shelve ban on striped bass | CapeCodOnline.com (http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120323/NEWS/203230327/-1/NEWSMAP)

"To eliminate a whole class of commercial fisher-people from the mix is not the way to do it," Wolf said in a telephone interview. A better option would be an overall management plan that sets quotas and monitors the species closely, he said.

Raven
03-23-2012, 07:11 AM
not surprising

thefishingfreak
03-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Buh-bye

JohnnyD
03-23-2012, 07:54 AM
What a shame. I'd better get started on golf lessons.

Jackbass
03-23-2012, 09:26 AM
I will hold my breath waiting for close monitoring. The bottom
Line is the issue is every ones to be dealt with regardless of where conservative
Measures are taken they need to be taken. Unfortunately fisheries management is not proactive rather reactive. We have multiple species in trouble in our oceans and multiple species that require attention. Kind of says something about how these natural, not "public", resources are being handled.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

numbskull
03-23-2012, 11:23 AM
" Wolf said in a telephone interview. A better option would be an overall management plan that sets quotas and monitors the species closely, he said. "

Well Duuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh. :rollem:

Of course that would be a better way. But it has been tried and tried and tried and it has failed, and failed, and failed over, and over, and over again. It is telling that the same article has commercial interests yet again insisting the science is bad, there are plenty of fish that can be killed. Same old head in the sand self-serving crap over and over and over again. And Mr Wolf wants to continue the process? Brilliant.

As long as these fish can be sold they will be over-exploited. It pays to do so.