View Full Version : Mac antivirus/ antispam

american spirit
03-23-2012, 01:15 PM
probably an old subject. any free mac antivirus and antispam out there. i use macscan now for spam/ trojans ect. never had it tell me i had any issues.

curious what mac guys are using.

basswipe
03-24-2012, 11:10 AM
All the regular suspects AVG,Avira etc. have a free version,but for non PC antivirus programs I prefer Clam.

ClamXav (http://www.clamxav.com/)

The Dad Fisherman
03-25-2012, 01:42 PM
MAC's Don't get Viruses.....:rolleyes:

iamskippy
03-25-2012, 08:52 PM
call up Mr Jobs and ask him why you need one? oh wait too soon? whats the matter the apple geniuses couldn't help? perhaps you can ask your iphone or ipad.

I hate MAC.

american spirit
03-31-2012, 08:20 PM
:lama: that doesn't answer my question but thanks. call up Mr Jobs and ask him why you need one? oh wait too soon? whats the matter the apple geniuses couldn't help? perhaps you can ask your iphone or ipad.

I hate MAC.

iamskippy
04-01-2012, 05:53 AM
:lama: that doesn't answer my question but thanks.
Bottom line and according to MAC by design is impervious however, most major brands norton, anti vir, avg make a "mac" compatable version just because "mac" users must have it. You are wasting time and money. Seriously, as far as i can remember there was 1 mac attack in the last 5 years and mac patched it less then 24 hrs.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

american spirit
04-02-2012, 08:47 AM
cool. thanks. sorry you hate mac. i like it for music and photo stuff. hate it for the microsoft office version they offer.

The Dad Fisherman
04-02-2012, 09:10 AM
I hate MAC.

I am now willing to overlook the fact that you are a Chiefs Fan :hihi:

basswipe
04-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Bottom line and according to MAC by design is impervious however, most major brands norton, anti vir, avg make a "mac" compatable version just because "mac" users must have it. You are wasting time and money. Seriously, as far as i can remember there was 1 mac attack in the last 5 years and mac patched it less then 24 hrs.

The reason most Mac/Linux users need an av program is if they are sharing files with Windows users and in this day and age that is almost a certainty.You might not be able to get the disease but you can pass it on.

JohnnyD
04-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Not so impervious any more...
More than 600,000 Macs infected with Flashback botnet | Security - CNET News (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57409619-83/more-than-600000-macs-infected-with-flashback-botnet/?tag=mncol;1n)

The Dad Fisherman
04-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Not so impervious any more...
More than 600,000 Macs infected with Flashback botnet | Security - CNET News (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57409619-83/more-than-600000-macs-infected-with-flashback-botnet/?tag=mncol;1n)

But....But....But....the guy at the Flashy, Purdy place at the Mall told me that Macs don't Get Viruses....how can this be.

I'm gonna slip off my Birkenstocks, have a double Petchoulie Oil on the Rocks, Fire up Phish on my Ipod and try and make sense of this....Steve Jobs would never let this happen if he were still around.

I heard they Froze his turtle neck sweater in the hopes they can bring it back when a cure is found :hee: