View Full Version : MSBA Show

Hot Rod
03-24-2012, 05:09 PM
I went to the MSBA show today, it was nice but I'm sorry I didn't take the ride to Rivers End. Enough said.

Chunkah
03-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Me too....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clogston29
03-25-2012, 08:01 AM
Hopefully there will be a bigger crowd today with the rain. Very slow yesterday.

ivanputski
03-25-2012, 08:03 AM
rivers end surf day was the place to be...

lamigsb1
03-25-2012, 09:34 AM
same feelings, wish i had made the drive to Rivers End as well. I did enjoy Paul Melnyk's talk, picked up his book, and a white 2oz Hab's needle. a couple hats and shirts from vendors. I was kinda dissapointed with the diversity of vendors, Rissa seemed much better in that aspect. But i guess with multiple shows on the same day, this will happen.

Saltheart
03-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah they took a beating between the multiple shows and the sunny warm day. I still enjoyed the show. Saw some people and bought a new belt. (a belt at a fishing show! :) ) Looked at rods and blanks and some other gear , etc. I was only there about 2.5 hours. It was nice and easy to get around as there were no crowds or blocked aisles etc. The guys relying on sales right there at the show must have been hurting. I hope they do better today.

thefishingfreak
03-25-2012, 11:04 AM
I had a good time. Nice easy stroll the the isles.
Bought a chart of Boston bay from year 1877

Saltheart
03-25-2012, 12:57 PM
I looked at the old charts. They were nice. I thought I might get the Narragansett Bay one but it was almost $400 framed. Out of my league!

thefishingfreak
03-25-2012, 01:06 PM
70 bucks unframed I'll tack it to the wall and put the change in the fuel tank

Joe
03-25-2012, 01:16 PM
The expense for a booth is not in line with the revenue you get. Nothing against the organization. There should be some consideration given that people are coming off some of worst years in business they've ever had, and yet the price is the same. Then, people are not buying like they did at the shows. It's just the way it is.

fishbones
03-25-2012, 02:39 PM
I had a good time at the show with Seamule and our sons. Saw a few friends and picked up a Commando bag that I've had my eye on. Tom's booth was probably one of the busiest at the show while I was there. I also picked up some stuff that I don't need and got some plugs for my son and a sweet Office Donkey pencil that I'm looking forward to throwing this spring. Kudos to MSBA for putting on another good show.

Also, thanks to DerekL for the plugs you gave my son. He was thrilled. And thanks to GregW for the Root. It will be put to very good use, probably this week.:devil2:

Piscator
03-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Just got back, had a good time and got some great deals. Grabbed a few office donkey plugs too, they look sweet!

b-ware
03-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Thank you to everyone who stopped and visited with Myself, Walter and Todd!!!!! It was a wonderful sight to see Bill and Jules strolling through and it was a great pleasure meeting and greeting old friends and making new ones!!!!!!
Bernie Wilson
B&D Ent.

likwid
03-26-2012, 11:18 AM
70 bucks unframed I'll tack it to the wall and put the change in the fuel tank

H is getting Buzzards Bay and Sag Harbor charts from them.

Fisherwoman
03-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Bill and I had a great time seeing alot if the guys from this board, Nice to see you too Bernie!!! We are both getting pumped up to fish, last year was way to long, time to rip some lips. I really was glad that Bill was there with me enjoying himself.

He had such a good time blabbin with alot of you guys that I sent him back down on Sunday and he was there almost all day,LOL its great to see that big grin on his face thats for sure.