View Full Version : 2 Hand carves & a rebuild

iamskippy
03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Starting in the LEFT CORNER to be fished in parts unknown, we have a Iamskippy hand carved Redfin clean side replica (no chx scratch gills). This swimmer weights in at a blistering 1.8oz's!!!!!!!!!!!! And casts like a Woonsocket rocket. This plug will dive 3' - 5' and come right back to the top with a wiggle!!!!! To top this plug off its loaded with rattles!!!!!!!! This plug was designed and built for Chefchris, thanks for all your help in the off season bro :buds:

In the middle we have a plug i picked up at plug fest, that was in need of some love. The reason i grabbed it was it has a slide weight design inside, was the first of its kind i have ever seen. If you read this post and know who may have made this plug originally please let me know or PM me if you were the original maker. Super Big thanks to Slip for the EYES Slam Dunk Bro! :buds: and thanks to Chef for answering my GOOGAN questions and some guidance with the slide weight technology and principles. This plug will be finished off with a custom Iamskippy split ring tail flag!

And finally Starting in the RIGHT CORNER to be fished in parts unknown, we have a Iamskippy hand carved multi-layered Cadillac pearl SP ghost minnow replica. This swimmer weights in at a blistering 1.9oz's!!!!!!!!!!!! (.1 oz more, this is do to the 4/0 hardware setup then the one above) This swimmer casts like a Woonsocket rocket. This plug will dive 3' - 5' and come right back to the top with a wiggle!!!!! ( already seen the water for a test swim in a ripping 3-4 knot current) This plug digs like a pig, and shakes like a stipper trying to make her "collage tuition" money ( yeah right you mean rent money). To top this plug off its loaded with rattles!!!!!!! so not only does it flash and wiggle it make its presence known loud and proud you can feel it in the rod! This plug was designed and built for ME but not off the table for trade :devil2:

I will include more photos later on as well as the video for creating the split ring tail flag , there was an over whelming response as to how i created these now, so i will make the video and post it. I will also post some pics from the rebuild. I was just very happy and proud of my latest work i had to share. :jump1:

Skip

I can't wait to use my new airbrush gun and hope to pick up a plug spinner soon, so these were truly done by hand.

PRBuzz
03-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Very nice! All 3 are really hot but for some reason my eyes went straight to the Cadillac!

chefchris401
03-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks skippy, that plug will have a home in my bag for sure. Will be nice to have a thru wired Redfin style plug that casts great.

I've tried some green point handcarves and loved the action but they cast awful.

Your welcome for the help buddy!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115
03-26-2012, 01:26 PM
You don't fish danny plugs ! Send it my way, I'll use it.

iamskippy
03-26-2012, 05:16 PM
You don't fish danny plugs ! Send it my way, I'll use it.

i can always learn, and i think that one is a good one to start with :P :jump1:

blondterror
03-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Nice looking hand carves. Did you use AYC?

iamskippy
03-26-2012, 05:59 PM
Very dry and clean pine

new jack
03-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Handcarves look awesome!!!
Well done

O.D. Mike
03-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Great job Skippy!!!!

iamskippy
04-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Chefchris took his hand carve out for a swim today and this is what it did.

Skippy's Handcarved - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGlAVU9jwd8)

Slipknot
04-03-2012, 09:30 PM
it swims, but looks like a lot of roll with it, maybe a bit smaller on the lip.

iamskippy
04-03-2012, 09:38 PM
it swims, but looks like a lot of roll with it, maybe a bit smaller on the lip.

I was shooting for alot of roll, because of the side loaded bullet rattles, however point well taken. Its hard to tell if the middle hook is staying where it needs to.

Slipknot
04-03-2012, 09:48 PM
OH, I didn't realize it had rattles

it sure looks like it will stand out and attract a bass to hit it

iamskippy
04-03-2012, 09:53 PM
OH, I didn't realize it had rattles

it sure looks like it will stand out and attract a bass to hit it

It has 1 7mm bullet rattle in each side and 1 rubber worm rattle in each side, to help balance out the sound i wanted.

I will admit it may look like it has a larger shake or roll a bit more then the redfin style i was going for, however, fish it in a rip like a jerk bait.

I wish i was there when he swam it, he said it casted awesome somewhere around 75 yards.

numbskull
04-04-2012, 05:22 AM
Nice

piemma
04-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm betting it will catch fish.

Muskyslayer96
04-12-2012, 04:36 PM
It will SLAY for sure.

Well done Skippy!!!!!

MS