View Full Version : Red Sox Opener

Joe
04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Terrible jumps, and routes to the ball from the right fielder Sweeny and left fielder Ross yesterday. Both on extra base hits that became runs for the Tigers, and both were catchable by replacement level players.

Melancon and Padilla did not pitch well, and they got the blame - but that game was lost by Ross and Sweeny's defense.

Nice to see they didn't cave at the end. Offensively - once Verlander was gone, they got it going. Waiting out top-of-the-rotation starters is something they've been doing well for a long time. Verlander is just so exceptional, he's still there in the 8th much of the time.

spence
04-06-2012, 03:05 PM
I think we can pretty much write this season off.

-spence

Sea Dangles
04-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Good idea Spence,being 0-1 it looks like it's over.

Saltheart
04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I thought they looked good. Sometimes the ball bounces funny and they lose despite a good showing.

Raider Ronnie
04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
I think we can pretty much write this season off.

-spence

Hopefully about the same time the world series is done we will be saying the same thing about your buddy :love: in the white house
:uhuh:

nightfighter
04-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Holy chit! A thread in which I might actually agree with both Spence and Ronnie!!!!!

Cherrington and crew have doomed this edition I am afraid. Not enough horses, or good arms in the pen. Not a good sign that they overroad Valentine, who wanted Bard in the bullpen.

Joe
04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
They have multiple issues.
When was the World Series last won by a team without a strong closer?
Was that a positive sampling of set up men yesterday?
There were a lot of guys in yesterday's game with below league average batting averages.
Gonzalez had major shoulder surgery over the off-season. That's a diminishing surgery that players are very afraid of because it has ruined a lot of careers. Travis Hafner had it in 2008 and he's never been the same.
I don't think Carl Crawford can perform on the Fenway Stage - he's a small market, low-pressure player.
Right field and left field - those dudes are supposed to be power hitters - ours are not.

**Vicente Padilla is widely regarded as the ugliest player in MLB.

Sea Dangles
04-07-2012, 08:14 AM
** The new El Guapo

Joe
04-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Wait until he's all sweaty in June. I watched two Dodgers games when he was a starter there - I couldn't watch a third.
Him, and games played at Tropicana Field - I can't stand watching.

spence
04-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Holy chit! A thread in which I might actually agree with both Spence and Ronnie!!!!!
Ok, just for that I'm going to hold onto hope until at least Monday :hihi:

-spence

flyvice11787
04-07-2012, 05:21 PM

-spence

Good idea. They don't have it today either. Beckett got smacked around pretty good.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36
04-07-2012, 05:57 PM

-spence

Living with mrs spence is going to not be fun this season

spence
04-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Living with mrs spence is going to not be fun this season

She's already looking for someone to blame.

striperman36
04-07-2012, 06:38 PM
She's already looking for someone to blame.

Cherrington should have left with theo

spence
04-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Ok, that was ugly.

nightfighter
04-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Melancon 0-2 ERA 36.00

bart
04-08-2012, 10:37 PM
What a disaster. Can't wait to listen to talk radio crush upper management all day tomorrow. Who else in baseball has a 5th starter who throws over 100 at times? Bard should be the closer.

The Dad Fisherman
04-09-2012, 05:07 AM
Gonna be a Loooonnnnggg Season :wall:

Saltheart
04-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I think they are just snake bit this early season. I see things getting better and them being a solid contender for the playoffs. I also see them trying to get more pitching help. Another starter (or different starter) and some kind of respectable Closer.

For its root , root , root for the home team...........:)