View Full Version : Masters

bassballer
04-09-2012, 10:23 AM
How great was that sunday. Awesome sunday at augusta. Phils flop shot on saturday was balls of steel.

Any thoughts from sunday

Back Beach
04-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I noticed a couple brown spots on the greens...

Piscator
04-09-2012, 11:16 AM
The course is beautiful, but they do use a lot of paint. Most dirt on the course is painted green for the Masters. All concession cups, utensils, napkins etc are green so they will not show on camera if left by a fan. The course also shuts down after the Masters until August. Have a friend that played there and he said he was with 1 of only 2 foursomes that played a round that whole day. The course is very lightly played.

IBM CEO tradition is to be a member at Augusta. The new CEO wants to join but she can’t because woman are not allowed. Place has more money than God. A few years back Martha Burk put pressure on them to allow woman and she pressured their sponsors boycott, Augusta decided to go sponsor-free so that their sponsors would feel external pressure because of anything that the club did/didn’t do. They basically refused all sponsorship. What you can do with money…

If I played their I would never have to worry about hitting it past the ladies tees :)

Swimmer
04-09-2012, 12:23 PM
That 64 degree wedge shot is one of if not the greatest shot in golf. Its to bad the triple bogey killed him. As a side story my father had a business relationship with Jack Nicklaus through his shoe sponser, Bostonian Shoe, where my father worked his entire life. He spent time with and his wife Barbara on many occasions.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device