View Full Version : 5/4 Black Walnut

Hookedagain
04-09-2012, 07:24 PM
10 pieces of American Black Walnut. Nice stock, all 1" thick (five quater) about 4"-5" wide and over 10"long. $15 for the lot or trade for a plug.

I also have some Santos Mahogany and red oak if anyone is interested. I also have a piece of Brazilian Cherry, 3/4"x around 12"x12". I probably have a crap load of different kinds of hard wood if you need something let me know what you need.

O.D. Mike
04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm interested in the black walnut and Brazilian cherry. Could be interested in other hard woods also...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

jlnel
04-09-2012, 08:39 PM
i would be interested in some exotic stuff, fancy grain, burl, can be 3/4 thick, for pen turning, whats that piece in first pic, middle colum, middle piece? thanks for your time, john

Hookedagain
04-09-2012, 08:56 PM
John thats all black walnut. I have a ton of 3/4" stock for pens. Quater sawn white oak, maple, brazilian walnut and cherry, sapele, santos mahogany and a bunch of other stuff. I do have some black walnut with funky grain, I will try to get some pics up in the next few days.

jlnel
04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks, I don’t know anything about wood, I just started making the pens and from what I’ve read that the funky burls/grain make good pens, plus hardwood is better I guess. If you can put a little bundle, variety together that you think would be good, just let me know, I don’t have plugs but some unpainted jig heads, or can turn a couple pens/pencils and send them down, or best of all..cash, I can come pick them up over the weekend or maybe Friday. Thanks for the response, John.