View Full Version : THIS "is" so Wrong

Raven
04-17-2012, 06:22 PM
This cavalier attitude among police that they can just shoot your dog
right in front of you while telling you at the same time to get your hands up
and restrain your dog simultaneously which he failed to do and LIED about saying he did.
What a piece of S H I T he is...

makes me wanna Puke blood

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t3#/video/us/2012/04/17/austin-police-officer-shoots-dog.kxan)

spence
04-17-2012, 07:37 PM
That does suck. Granted the officer didn't know what he was walking into but how often does a dog attack?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Swimmer
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Hey Craig I worked with a guy who was wrestling with this kid and the mother comes out of the house with a huge black lab. Mother says sic him to the dog about my co-worker at the time. Dog bites the officer at her commands. She and her insurance company ponied up 30 large for the bite. I was always looking for one of those dogs the rest of my tenure, but I never came across one.

What was the guy being arrested for?

redcrbbr
04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
911 caller gave wrong address. dog owner and dog were both surprised. unfortunate series of events

Raven
04-18-2012, 06:33 PM
I can understand a misjudgment on the breed but they don't look anything LIKE a Pit bull
and even my Queensland blue healer runs up barking at your feet every single night
with no malice , just excitement the same as my last two Queensland's did.

But the fact that the officer wasn't at a CRIME scene changes everything imho,
that and the fact that a homeowners first line of defense is his dog
not local law enforcement that can't be every where at any given moment.

That guy had countless hours of training to get that dog to where it was
not to mention the original purchase price usually $500.00 dollars
then there's emotional pain and suffering involved...to boot.

because human beings are allot more closer to their dogs emotionally than to
other humans thus the LOSS is felt deeper not less....

Dog's don't question why a person is in a foul mood they just show love
and concern regardless of the situation at that particular moment.

So just because an officer has the ultimate right to defend him or herself doesn't
let them off the hook for personal responsibility on the job especially when a life is lost
.....animal or human.... for no good reason.

FishermanTim
04-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Sorry, but that officer was 100% at fault for killing an innocent dog.
If the officer had gone to the RIGHT address, would he have been so quick to draw?

I understand that he has to defend himself, but he never gave the owner a chance to get his dog. He drew his gun FIRST (which is proper when entering a dangerous situation) but telling the dog owner to freeze and "put yoyr hands up" and then killing his dog because HE prevented the owner from restraining his dog is idoitic.

I say the owner needs to get an attorney..FAST, before the police try to "find" some evidence to justify killing an innocent pet.

This is not an indictment of all police officials, but just this one.
Maybe the dispatcher needs to be held accountable if he/she is giving vague addresses for 911 calls.

Bottom line is that everyone loses in this one!

striper50trout
04-19-2012, 02:50 PM
That cop should be fired! Shoot first ask questions later, what an a-hole!