View Full Version : Reading the Water: 1st edition Hardcover

Jersey_Jim
04-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Reading the Water: Adventures in Surf Fishing from Martha's Vineyard
Post, Robert

Book Description: Globe Pequot Press, Chester, Conn, 1988. Cloth. Book Condition: Fine. Dust Jacket Condition: Very Good. First Edition. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. First edition, first printing stated. Maroon cloth with bright gilt spine printing. Cream colored eps. xiv; 254p. Black & white photo illus of some of MV's finest surf fishermen. Foreword by Henry Lyman. Book solid and bright. VG with just a little light wear to edges of back panel jacket. Small tear at top and on front of jacket all else VG. Scan available upon request.
$189 if shipped $ 175 local pick up Weymouth
MSBA Members $10 off above prices
Will Donate $10 to this site
Jim 781 749 5181

Swimmer
04-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Reading the Water: Adventures in Surf Fishing from Martha's Vineyard
Post, Robert

Book Description: Globe Pequot Press, Chester, Conn, 1988. Cloth. Book Condition: Fine. Dust Jacket Condition: Very Good. First Edition. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. First edition, first printing stated. Maroon cloth with bright gilt spine printing. Cream colored eps. xiv; 254p. Black & white photo illus of some of MV's finest surf fishermen. Foreword by Henry Lyman. Book solid and bright. VG with just a little light wear to edges of back panel jacket. Small tear at top and on front of jacket all else VG. Scan available upon request.
$189 if shipped $ 175 local pick up Weymouth
MSBA Members $10 off above prices
Will Donate $10 to this site
Jim 781 749 5181

I have one I bought at Bunch of Grapes way back when. I look at it everyday on the shelf above the computor and I get a warm feeling. Selling your copy must be very hard.

Mr. Sandman
04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Since they printed the soft cover a few years ago, the hardcover price has fallen quite abit. I wish they would have let it be they would be worth a lot more...but I suspect Mrs. Post needed some more $. My signed one is not worth half of what I paid now...I picked up a near perfect (unsigned) HC on eBay for 35 bucks last year.

piemma
04-28-2012, 02:19 AM
Since they printed the soft cover a few years ago, the hardcover price has fallen quite abit. I wish they would have let it be they would be worth a lot more...but I suspect Mrs. Post needed some more $. My signed one is not worth half of what I paid now...I picked up a near perfect (unsigned) HC on eBay for 35 bucks last year.

Interesting point. I have a soft cover that I bought in 1988 (publishing year) which is marked First Edition. Apparently they print both hard cover and soft cover at the same time.

Chunkah
04-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Hell, I just want an affordable one I can read and keep on the shelf...good luck with the sale.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device