View Full Version : Trophy vs Pro-line

missing link
05-21-2003, 08:12 PM
OK looking to upgrade next season. What would you rather have The Pro-Line 20wa or the Trophy 2052?

Thanks

kynan
05-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Neither.

I'd look at a Seaswirl Striper, Hydra, or key west. Search Thehulltruth.com for lots of feedback. perhaps a tad more cash.

If it had to be one, I'd be politically incorrect, and go with the trophy...I just like the layout better.

missing link
05-21-2003, 09:18 PM
trophy and pro line are in the price range i need 25 - 31k i can get into the trophy for 214/month boat, motor, trailer, and all the goodies for around 31k but i like the proline also...:happy: :happy:

kynan
05-21-2003, 09:40 PM
here's the situation, depending on what you put down, you can't get caught in the payment...that 20' may seem great now, but in 3 years, it may seem small, and you are stuck in negative equity...not because either is a "bad" boat, it's the perception, image thing...you may pay a bit more for the boats I mentioned, but you will be safer on resale.

Some dealers, I know, dump a 125hp on the back of the trophy...you need more than that for power and for resale.

You could get a decent striper, or a hydra for slightly more....like the cost of the trailer for the striper, and I've seen hydra's in that range for 25 k out the door, plus trailer. Atlantic outboard has/had a 01 (new) 23' hydra with ht for 33.5k.

missing link
05-22-2003, 05:10 AM
If we bought the trophy we would get an I/O (4.3 190hp) plus i like the size of the boat, we dont really go out that far just inshore fishing canal,the ledge ect. But i will check out thoes stripers :)

:happy:

05-22-2003, 06:54 AM
I'd echo kynan's comment. Stay away from both boats mentioned.

Boats you may want to look at: Sea-Hunt, Sea-Pro, Hydra-Sports, and SeaSwirl. My 1st choice out of the above would be the Sea-Hunt Victory 215....Very nice boat from a company gaining alot of customer loyalty and product reputation.

JohnR
05-22-2003, 07:05 AM
I agree on the Sea Hunt - also check the Sea Pro... You are much better off with a boat with decent resale and those will do it. One of the regulars here has a 210 Sea Hunt - nice ride and another has the 21 Seaswirl - also nice ride. Both are better boats long term.

"uffah!!"
05-22-2003, 07:07 AM
I found a better value with the Hydra-Sport w/a than with any-
other mfg.

Van
05-22-2003, 07:38 AM
I've had the 20 proline walk since 95.
Can't say enough good things about that boat.

The hull is design takes a big sea no problem.
Safe and comfortable. Nice cabin for the kids fits a portapotty for
the ladies. Solid all around.

I heard some 20 seaswirls need trim tabs just to keep them stable. Don't know if they fixed that design problem yet.
Trophies seem to be well made though I've never riden one in snotty seas. I saw the sea hunts at the boat show, they look well made too. Hydra sprots have a good reputation too.

What ever you do look at the hull especially, IMO that is what makes a good ocean boat.

05-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Here you go Sea Hunt Victory!

missing link
05-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks for all the replys