View Full Version : Junior Seau dead

Slipknot
05-02-2012, 01:33 PM
apparent suicide :(

I always liked him
What a shame, too bad he was not able to cope with leaving the game.
he was such a hard worker, dedicated player

PRBuzz
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Reports: Former Patriots linebacker Junior Seau dead - The Buzz - Boston.com sports news (http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/05/report_junior_s.html)

Great player, especially with/for the Pats & Bill B

Raven
05-02-2012, 02:25 PM
wow....that's real sad... all that vitality of body but apparently not Mind equally...
i hope the evidence points to multiple concussions as a contributing factor.

MarshCappa
05-02-2012, 02:29 PM
He drove his car of a cliff in 10' after a domestic dispute. He's one of my heros in football. He's the same age as me which is quite disturbing to see him leave us like this. My heart goes out to his family. RIP

fishbones
05-02-2012, 02:31 PM
My wife just emailed me the boston.com story. Wow, that's sad. I always liked him (at least when he was on the Pats).

Raider Ronnie
05-02-2012, 02:47 PM
No doubt steroid use the cause for him to kill himself.
8th member of the Chargers team that went to the super bowl to die.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Piscator
05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Sad, sad, sad. In addition to the steroid issues, I wonder if concussion/head injury played a role.

Jackbass
05-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Terrible news no doubt. Extremely sad.

ProfessorM
05-02-2012, 07:25 PM
real shame

JohnR
05-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Very unfortunate. Family. Unbelievable.

Joe
05-03-2012, 09:18 AM
20+ years in the NFL? There's no telling how much concussive brain damage he had.

There's going to come a time when they know more precisely how bad concussions are and when they do, don't be surprised if it's the end of football.

A couple that we are friends with, their son suffered one in high school ball last season, and he's not the same kid. It's not a developmental change either - it was definitely the concussion.

Sundowner
05-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Goes to show: you never know what people are going through. Post concussion/steroids, whatever, he had what seemed to be a good life, laid back cali lifestyle, tv show, notoriety; depression, pain and anxiety are real killers. Makes you wonder how many friends and family members need someone to talk to that don't show the signs.

Even though there were whispers that going off the cliff was intentional, how does one know whats in anothers mind who is trying to protect a secret or others

Joe
05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
A celebrity killing himself over what one woman said to him? He must have been completely insane.
Think about how little celebrity a person needs these days to get more women than he knows what to do with - no sane person of that stature in their right mind would give a s_it what one of them thinks or says.

Clogston29
05-03-2012, 01:57 PM
No doubt steroid use the cause for him to kill himself.
8th member of the Chargers team that went to the super bowl to die.

possibly. by i think steroids are getting blamed for things that are going to end up being proven to have been caused by excessive and repetative head trauma. steroids are an easy scape goat sometimes. another bad, bad blow for the nfl and football in general.

Joe
05-03-2012, 02:25 PM
I've never known anyone who suffered a serious concussion that didn't have that far-away look in their eyes after. Just a a solid, good hit to the head that you recover from in a second, that does damage. Aside from the concussions, who knows what the cumulative effect of those repeated dazes do. I find it hard to believe that a person can get their bell rung hundreds of times and be normal after.

Raider Ronnie
05-03-2012, 06:53 PM
possibly. by i think steroids are getting blamed for things that are going to end up being proven to have been caused by excessive and repetative head trauma. steroids are an easy scape goat sometimes. another bad, bad blow for the nfl and football in general.

I always thought the guy was on them.
He was always wired up & high strung/ out of control like Lyle Alzado.
Either way steroids or too many hits to the head, sad !

MarshCappa
05-04-2012, 05:00 AM
I read he shot himself in the chest so they could study his brain. Another NFL player did the same type of suicide.