View Full Version : Fishing pressure

american spirit
05-03-2012, 06:30 PM
People seem to talk a lot about freshwater bass locations and mention "fishing pressure" making spots produce poorly. I was wondering first if you guys think this is a real thing, and second if it also applied to the salt.

snake slinger
05-03-2012, 07:07 PM
A friend of mine has a pond on his property with largemouth in it if you fish everyday for a week the fishing starts out great but gets tougher and tougher.If you leave it alone for a few days they will hit almost anything.

jasonsnova
05-03-2012, 07:23 PM
my personal thought is the actrivity in a givin area....ie your fishing for stripers yet they get run over by a boat every 10 min...hence the reason they go shallow at night when things are quiet. same for all fish i think...

FishermanTim
05-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Fish do have a memory, although not at developed as humans.
It works along the same lines as how they react when you first approach the water....they flee! It's been imprinted from generation to generation that lumbering shapes on the shoreline are USUALLY a bad thing.
The same argument can probably be made regarding a particular spot, if it is fished year after year and the retuirning fish had been there in prior years, then it is possible.

I recall hearing of a study that found that some trout had learned to "associate" the color red (on a lure) with a negative experience, and stopped hitting that color lure altogether.
It may be a little far fetched, but in this day and age, I'm willing to give it a little credibility.

Now if I could only stop those darn squirrels from digging up my garden, looking for nuts they didn't bury I'd be fine!

Raven
05-04-2012, 02:20 PM
strike zone's shrink under pressure
my largest LMB i stalked for over 30 minutes
after i saw it trash-can... landed a 10 inch blue worm on his head
from 40 feet away.... and hooked him solid....
but after all that preparation and anticipation of a fantastic battle
he came in like a wet log.... :huh:

Clogston29
05-04-2012, 08:22 PM
resident fish, yes. migrating fish passing by, no.