View Full Version : Cake at Lupos - anyone going?

RIJIMMY
05-09-2012, 01:44 PM
I;ll be there with a few friends. I saw Cake about 18 yrs ago at an outside festival in CA. Should be a good show.

fishbones
05-09-2012, 02:25 PM
I saw them about 15 years years ago at one of the clubs on Landsdowne and they put on a good show. I saw them on the Lupos calendar and it said they were sold out. Around the corner from Lupos there's a good little Cuban restaurant called The Cuban Revolution. $2 bottled beers and 10 cent wings. Also, right across the street fromthe Cuban Revolution is a nice lounge to relax at either before the show or after. If you go there, bring lots of $1 bills to enhance your experience.

RIJIMMY
05-09-2012, 02:38 PM
with $2 beers and 10 cent wings.....I'll miss the show!

spence
05-09-2012, 02:41 PM
I almost bought tickets when they went on sale. Missed an opportunity to see them at the M-Shop in Ames, IA just after their first or second album came out.

-spence

RIROCKHOUND
05-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I saw them about 15 years years ago at one of the clubs on Landsdowne and they put on a good show. I saw them on the Lupos calendar and it said they were sold out. Around the corner from Lupos there's a good little Cuban restaurant called The Cuban Revolution. $2 bottled beers and 10 cent wings. Also, right across the street fromthe Cuban Revolution is a nice lounge to relax at either before the show or after. If you go there, bring lots of $1 bills to enhance your experience.

You think that is a nice lounge :yak5:
Maybe it has changed since the 8 or 9 years since I was in there...

fishbones
05-10-2012, 12:01 PM
You think that is a nice lounge :yak5:
Maybe it has changed since the 8 or 9 years since I was in there...

Depending on where I've been beforehand and who is working, it can be a nice place to go for a beer. Then again, you probably have very different standards than I have when it comes to a night out on the town.:grins:

RIJIMMY
05-11-2012, 08:41 AM
great show
I should have taken it a little easier, not feeling too good this am.....

fishbones
05-11-2012, 08:42 AM
great show
I should have taken it a little easier, not feeling too good this am.....

That's because you're old.

RIJIMMY
05-11-2012, 08:52 AM
That's because you're old.

you're not kidding. I havent been out in a while and couldnt believe the girls out waiting to get into clubs, amazing sights. I feel really, really old.

RIROCKHOUND
05-11-2012, 08:58 AM
I feel really, really old.

Try teaching at a college...

RIJIMMY
05-11-2012, 10:02 AM
during the encore they did a fantastic cover of war pigs, I was blown away